for the first time in 24 years

Advertisement
You're a good fan. Go root for the noles.

So what course of action should fans do? Cheer louder? Send Fat *** encouraging notes of praise and adulation for leading us to another 4-5 loss season?

Bottom line, stop posting dumb ish!

Wow, join the club - fans have been boycotting thru the Howard, Jimmy, Dennis, Butch . . . and now Al years. Absolutely the worst fans in college football. Bunch of whiney, no-show losers. Too cheap to leave their mother's basement and buy a ticket.

Advertisement
Wow, join the club - fans have been boycotting thru the Howard, Jimmy, Dennis, Butch . . . and now Al years. Absolutely the worst fans in college football. Bunch of whiney, no-show losers. Too cheap to leave their mother's basement and buy a ticket.

The guy just said he's had season tickets for 24 straight years. Perhaps consider that he feels something very strong to break that kind of deep habit?

Some of you think we have this great fan base out there boycotting games....no *****. we just dont have that many fans. Thats what happens when you have a small *** student population and crappy product on the field. No front running bandwagonist from up north that live down here for the sunshine. Its quite obvious when Miami was winning, the smaller games were just as empty as now. So the little that you be seeing on TV, they are the ones who finally have had enough of that crap. Think its empty yet?

Advertisement
Sorry, don't mean to **** on his broken heart as he slips into the night. So explain the others that have jumped ship or never been on board?

The guy just said he's had season tickets for 24 straight years. Perhaps consider that he feels something very strong to break that kind of deep habit?

That is the way I interpreted the OP.

Can only imagine what the attendance will be like next year if this staff returns

The University is, inexplicably, foregoing tens of millions of dollars in ticket sales, apparel sales, licensing sales, and bowl royalties by keeping Al around. I don't understand it. Do you want to eat his contract now, or do you want to lose exponentially more by keeping him around?

Can only imagine what the attendance will be like next year if this staff returns

The University is, inexplicably, foregoing tens of millions of dollars in ticket sales, apparel sales, licensing sales, and bowl royalties by keeping Al around. I don't understand it. Do you want to eat his contract now, or do you want to lose exponentially more by keeping him around?

We also got a gift when Maryland left the conference.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...08_1_exit-fee-conference-revenues-acc-members

Advertisement
I think every case is different. If you live within an hour drive or so from the stadium there maybe a case for continuing attending Canes' games regardless. It's still your team, just come to games with very little expectations.
On the other hand, if you fly across the country to watch a couple of games every year like me, making the case for renewing season tickets only to come and get disappointed a very difficult proposition. Hard to justify the expense, the hassle, the time off taken, etc. when the product on the field is just so inferior and no light seen at the end of the tunnel.
AG is not going anywhere anytime soon. Unfortunately he doesn't have the coaching skills needed to bring this program back to relevancy. He's an average coach at best.

Last edited:
Sorry, don't mean to **** on his broken heart as he slips into the night. So explain the others that have jumped ship or never been on board?

I can't tell you how others deal with how they feel about what's going on. We are not watching what many grew up idolizing and admiring. And, while I feel that deeply but will just be there in the stands dealing with it, I can understand if some need to vent it in another way. What people are doing is a reaction.

My comment to you was to encourage you to consider what the root cause of those reactions may be. Are there insufferable fans in every fan base who'll never be happy? Sure. I think there's a legitimate concern here because of how different the "brand" of football now is for the Miami Hurricanes.

A guy who's been a season ticket holder for 24 years, through some ****** times and certainly over the last decade, may not be a good example of an overreaction.

I can't tell you how others deal with how they feel about what's going on. We are not watching what many grew up idolizing and admiring. And, while I feel that deeply but will just be there in the stands dealing with it, I can understand if some need to vent it in another way. What people are doing is a reaction.

My comment to you was to encourage you to consider what the root cause of those reactions may be. Are there insufferable fans in every fan base who'll never be happy? Sure. I think there's a legitimate concern here because of how different the "brand" of football now is for the Miami Hurricanes.

A guy who's been a season ticket holder for 24 years, through some ****** times and certainly over the last decade, may not be a good example of an overreaction.

exactly how I feel. Plus I get to meet a bunch of really cool people I normally wouldn't have the opportunity to. Made a bunch of friends through the board and going to the games and meeting folks. I wish we had something better on the field, but I will still be there watching. I remember when I was in the Navy over seas in the persian gulf , and I just wish I could have been there. I swore those 6 years I missed would be my only ones. I only missed one other season during the kidney cancer surgery that took 2011 seasons from me sans one game.
It is something I just will always do as long as I can.

Advertisement
I applaud you for doing the right thing. I will not be renewing as well if that piece of **** Golden is still on the sidelines. I have better **** to do on Saturdays than watch this buffoon pace the sidelines.

The only reason 90% of you bother going to games is to tailgate anyway.

I went to the FAMU game and that was because I had promised people I'd go.

You're an ******* and an idiot if you continue to support this program.

The only reason 90% of you bother going to games is to tailgate anyway.

I went to the FAMU game and that was because I had promised people I'd go.

You're an ******* and an idiot if you continue to support this program.

I don't even drink at the games much, if at all, anymore and I rarely go for the full tailgate either. I am, however both an ******* and an idiot.

Yeah, sometimes reality is tough for those living in the past. Many of us had the good fortune to witness and appreciate the championship years (more so now than back then), though it may be a bit much to say folks - players/coaches - were idolized. They were and are human. They make bad calls, bolt for more prestigious or better paying jobs, blow assignments, miss tackles and unfortunately make a poor decision or two in life.

Is Miami football where we want it to be? No. Will it ever return to the glory days? Sadly, probably not - not to the level it once was. Won't go into all the changes in the game nationally since then, some on the field and off, and why and how Miami's star has dimmed.

Just tired of the folks so eager to trash the program, the university president, AD, head coach, assistant coaches, strength coach, players. Or threaten to give up their season tickets. ****, this fan base is so small and fickle that Beckham's soccer stadium might be too big but for an FSU game.

A guy who's been a season ticket holder for 24 years, through some ****ty times and certainly over the last decade, may not be a good example of an overreaction.

Advertisement
Back