For The Clowns That Were Going To Renew Their Season Tix

Advertisement
OT...Jimbo continues his domination of Fat Al. Noles sign the # 2 OLB from JUCO Lorenzo Phillips. I said months ago we should go after him with all we have. It has become utterly hilarious to think that I will ever give another dime of my $$$ to this university as long as Fatty is here.

UM is no different than any other university or athletic program. All of them are scrambling for money and using it for a number of reasons. You really shouldn't be surprised, especially by a private school that can't rely on state funding.
Do you understand that there are better ways of increasing revenue than raising ticket prices on the remaining morons still willing to hand you their money coming off a 6-7 season and then telling them to pretend Joe Robbie is a new stadium and that your seats don't exist any longer in this imaginary new stadium?

If they really wanted to raise money and sell tickets the right way all they would have had to have done was fire Folden and create some buzz around the program. Show the fans you care about the program, and they will support it. Instead, they're doing nothing but insulting fans every chance they get.

Now, to go along with the invisible changes to the football program we have a pretend new stadium with the same name in the same location.

Why use logic and facts to sell seats?

We have potatoes in this thread concerned about their tickets in the "new stadium."

Some of you just talk & don't know what you're talking about. The Herald reported that UM was never consulted on the stadium renovations which has resulted in FEWER SEATS due to LARGER SEATS (for fat azzes) etc. Stephen Ross the owner was quoted as saying "UM wasn't consulted on the renovations, I"M paying for it....however they are a good tenant". For those of you clamoring for a 'smaller venue' you're getting it so what are you complaining about? There will be changes & season ticket holders will be paying for it and/or relocating if you're beat out by someone who has been in the section longer than you. That's the way these things work.

Let me preface this by saying that all points here are moot because nobody should even be concerned about renewing their seats let alone be angered by "the process" these clowns have chosen to implement. That said, you're just talking (and idiotically defending these morons) without knowing what you're talking about.

a) the route they're choosing to go isn't what you're describing as giving preference within specific sections to those that have donated more. No, ALL seats are up for grabs now and the higher ranked donors can move wherever they'd like within the "new" stadium.

b) you're acting like the phony lowering of the "new" stadium's capacity is a real factor here. the seats that were sacrificed were largely garbage corner uppers that wouldn't have affected the large majority of season ticket holders.

They very easily could have accomodated every sucker still willing to shell out cash to them with minimal effort. I GUARANTEE that the "new" seating chart won't look that different from the old one for about 80% of the stadium. Comparable (if not the same seats) could have very easily been offered to what remains of their season ticket holder base. You think the Dolphins are going this route? What these thieves chose to do instead was blow up the entire structure in a pathetic attempt at a desperate moneygrab. Again, I don't even care any longer as I'm out as an investor in this program but it's still embarassing.

Anyone wanna hit up some UCF games this year? I hear they kinda care about their program. Does Rollins or Stetson have a team? I'm gonna have some free Saturdays this fall.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who cares. I am not renewing my tickets and whatever idiot that does can have me ****** endzone seats.

P
You candy asses can stay home if you want. Chit I only get to see them live 6 or 7 times a year, I ain't missing that for nothing. Go Canes!

This right here basically encapsulates the incompetence currently running the program.

Go root for another team. You're part of the problem. I'd neg you 400 more times if this **** allowed it.

Okay smart one... Your going to post 3 thousand more F'ing times before the season starts *****in about this and that because you got a problem with the coach or something else? Now truly, who really has the problem???

I personally prefer going to games, tailgating and drinking a bunch of beer and Booz while rooting for my lifelong team...

P
You candy asses can stay home if you want. Chit I only get to see them live 6 or 7 times a year, I ain't missing that for nothing. Go Canes!

This right here basically encapsulates the incompetence currently running the program.

Go root for another team. You're part of the problem. I'd neg you 400 more times if this **** allowed it.

Okay smart one... Your going to post 3 thousand more F'ing times before the season starts *****in about this and that because you got a problem with the coach or something else? Now truly, who really has the problem???

I personally prefer going to games, tailgating and drinking a bunch of beer and Booz while rooting for my lifelong team...

Our program really has the problem. You're supporting this problem. Do your thing because of your preferences.

Advertisement
For anyone who went from having season tickets at the OB to sun life, how did they accommodate you if you had your seats for years prior? Kinda find it insulting that they are saying "your seats don't exist" bc its a new stadium. Couldn't same argument be made when we first left the OB to SLS originally? just curious.
I was on the 50 at the ob. Less seats and rows in lower bowl moved me ultimately to about the 35-40. Now I would most likely get pushed to the 25 with the new club seats in the 50.....

but im not renewing

P

Our program really has the problem. You're supporting this problem. Do your thing because of your preferences.

Rule #47, don't attempt to speak rationally to a ******.

I made the mistake the above, don't follow in my footsteps.

IF you really wanted to go to every home game, you'd be able to sit in the lower bowl for every game for less than $100 total if you were to buy tickets on stubhub. LOL at the suckers that are going to be paying at least triple that.

UM is no different than any other university or athletic program. All of them are scrambling for money and using it for a number of reasons. You really shouldn't be surprised, especially by a private school that can't rely on state funding.
Do you understand that there are better ways of increasing revenue than raising ticket prices on the remaining morons still willing to hand you their money coming off a 6-7 season and then telling them to pretend Joe Robbie is a new stadium and that your seats don't exist any longer in this imaginary new stadium?

If they really wanted to raise money and sell tickets the right way all they would have had to have done was fire Folden and create some buzz around the program. Show the fans you care about the program, and they will support it. Instead, they're doing nothing but insulting fans every chance they get.

Now, to go along with the invisible changes to the football program we have a pretend new stadium with the same name in the same location.

Imaginary friends get in free at the imaginary new stadium is what I am hearing.

You nailed it man.

Advertisement
Don't tell Jesse Marks that Dan, he's been tweeting out that graphic of what the school has "put into" the program. That $350 mil or whatever it is for the stadium is a joke, as they aren't paying a single dime. Do they really think we are idiots?

Actually yes. Some people believed that bullchit propaganda they spit out. (AN EMAIL TO JESSE AND BLAKE BELOW)

B4wQUyoIUAEWYmI.jpg

Let's breakdown UM and their "investing" in UFootball and athletics.

$350 Million for Sun Life

UM isn't paying a dime for the renovation. So UM's is investing ZERO. Thanks Stephen Ross for "investing". When your landlord paints your apartment and re-paves the driveway do you as the tenant claim you were investing in the rental? No. The landlord is investing in the property they own, you may receive some minor benefits indirectly. By the way, that stadium is a train-wreck and offers nothing in terms of a home field advantage (but not the point of this email).

Net Investment Towards Athletics $0.00

$120 Million for UHealth

Congrats on the investing here. It's a shame that this has ZERO to do with ATHLETICS. From the UM website… "The University of Miami Health System has announced plans for a 200,000-square-foot ambulatory center on the University’s Coral Gables campus that will provide students, faculty, staff, and surrounding communities easy access to UHealth’s leading physicians." (See below Source #1)

On your own website, the following words are not mentioned "football" or “athletic” or “sport”. The UHealth ambulatory center is not a direct investment in sports. This is a joke and a flat out lie to claim this is an investment in athletics.

$56 Million for the Student Activities Center

Two quick points about the SAC:

First, the total investment seems to be off. According to two different sources, the correct number is closer to $45-46.5 Million. (See below Source #2). Not that it matters.

Second, this investment is not for “athletics” or "sports" or "football" it is for “student life”. From your own website… “the SAC is an important addition to student life on the University of Miami Campus. The Center includes a 24-hour study space, student organization offices and lounge spaces, a Grand Ballroom, a Senate Room, multi-use meeting and activities rooms, and a media suite. Also housed in the Center are the offices for Student Life departments including: Student Activities and Student Organizations, the Butler Center for Volunteer Service and Leadership Development, Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement, and Reservations for the Student Center Complex. The Center is also the site of Starbucks, Jamba Juice, M2O, and the Rathskeller, which includes roller gliders and an outdoor bar with views of Lake Osceola.”

This again is not an example of directly investing in athletics. Another lie.

In summation, UM’s three biggest claims towards investing in athletics are all misleading. You claim $557 Million but the real number is about $520 Million less.

Not only does UM pretend to have standards for our coaches we also lie to our alumni and fan base about investing in athletics.

Source #1: http://www.miami.edu/index.php/news/releases/uhealth_at_coral_gables_announced/

Source #2: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article1954324.html andhttp://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2013/08/22/um-student-activities-and-schwartz.html?page=all

The best part is that since they use the SAC for hosting their recruiting events and for Folden's clinics, they say it's an investment. Smh. Might as well call any space you rent out for a small period of time as an investment.

The athletes themselves don't even go into that building on their own time.

Advertisement
P

If your plan is to donate to the school just to renew your season tickets than you don't have the business savvy to afford the donation anyway. So this is really a non issue to you.

You can go online and buy your tickets for the precious 6 home games for a whopping total of $5.28.

The problem is the ******** and politicians running the university think they can squeeze every last dollar out of your rainy day fund through sorcery and magic. Which is ludicrous... except in your case its actually working.

The best part is that since they use the SAC for hosting their recruiting events and for Folden's clinics, they say it's an investment. Smh. Might as well call any space you rent out for a small period of time as an investment.

It is a joke. It only shows that they realize there is a problem (spending on athletics), so let's spread some bullchit about them caring.

It is a joke. It a tremendous self-imposed joke.

For anyone who went from having season tickets at the OB to sun life, how did they accommodate you if you had your seats for years prior? Kinda find it insulting that they are saying "your seats don't exist" bc its a new stadium. Couldn't same argument be made when we first left the OB to SLS originally? just curious.
I was on the 50 at the ob. Less seats and rows in lower bowl moved me ultimately to about the 35-40. Now I would most likely get pushed to the 25 with the new club seats in the 50.....

but im not renewing
That entire club section in the lower bowl is always 25% full anyways. It only fills up when we play FSU.

Don't tell Jesse Marks that Dan, he's been tweeting out that graphic of what the school has "put into" the program. That $350 mil or whatever it is for the stadium is a joke, as they aren't paying a single dime. Do they really think we are idiots?

Actually yes. Some people believed that bullchit propaganda they spit out. (AN EMAIL TO JESSE AND BLAKE BELOW)

B4wQUyoIUAEWYmI.jpg

Let's breakdown UM and their "investing" in UFootball and athletics.

$350 Million for Sun Life

UM isn't paying a dime for the renovation. So UM's is investing ZERO. Thanks Stephen Ross for "investing". When your landlord paints your apartment and re-paves the driveway do you as the tenant claim you were investing in the rental? No. The landlord is investing in the property they own, you may receive some minor benefits indirectly. By the way, that stadium is a train-wreck and offers nothing in terms of a home field advantage (but not the point of this email).

$120 Million for UHealth

Congrats on the investing here. It's a shame that this has ZERO to do with ATHLETICS. From the UM website… "The University of Miami Health System has announced plans for a 200,000-square-foot ambulatory center on the University’s Coral Gables campus that will provide students, faculty, staff, and surrounding communities easy access to UHealth’s leading physicians." (See below Source #1)

On your own website, the following words are not mentioned "football" or “athletic” or “sport”. The UHealth ambulatory center is not a direct investment in sports. This is a joke and a flat out lie to claim this is an investment in athletics.

$56 Million for the Student Activities Center

Two quick points about the SAC:

First, the total investment seems to be off. According to two different sources, the correct number is closer to $45-46.5 Million. (See below Source #2). Not that it matters.

Second, this investment is not for “athletics” or "sports" or "football" it is for “student life”. From your own website… “the SAC is an important addition to student life on the University of Miami Campus. The Center includes a 24-hour study space, student organization offices and lounge spaces, a Grand Ballroom, a Senate Room, multi-use meeting and activities rooms, and a media suite. Also housed in the Center are the offices for Student Life departments including: Student Activities and Student Organizations, the Butler Center for Volunteer Service and Leadership Development, Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement, and Reservations for the Student Center Complex. The Center is also the site of Starbucks, Jamba Juice, M2O, and the Rathskeller, which includes roller gliders and an outdoor bar with views of Lake Osceola.”

This again is not an example of directly investing in athletics. Another lie.

In summation, UM’s three biggest claims towards investing in athletics are all misleading. You claim $557 Million but the real number is about $520 Million less.

Not only does UM pretend to have standards for our coaches we also lie to our alumni and fan base about investing in athletics.

Source #1: http://www.miami.edu/index.php/news/releases/uhealth_at_coral_gables_announced/

Source #2: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article1954324.html andhttp://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2013/08/22/um-student-activities-and-schwartz.html?page=all

The SAC was created to give the Faculty Senate a nicer room to complain about athletics.

Advertisement
Back