For the 7 millionth time, this is Golden's best team yet

All the Golden bashers can continue to do so to each his own but I'm going support cause he is the coach of Da U and I want my team to be great and as of now he is the captain of da ship it's so easy to be negative that's da world we live in. Let's be real bout some things it took that guy over there at fspooo 5yrs to get them where they are at and he didn't have to deal with half the stuff Golden did. I always said this would be the year we really would see what Golden is bout. If we win five games like the experts say then I agree off with his head. But come on fellas let's be real he had a lot of obstacles to go through and it took a couple of years just to get quality depth down da roster and we still saying da LB'S need it. He couldn't red shirt anyone when he got here da 1st couple of years. He is our coach so I hope he succeed call me naive but I just think he had an up hill battle when he took da job. I mean he turn temple around so he got to know something. I think we get caught up thinking is da 80s-90s when they didn't have ucf,usf and these other lil Florida schools where those kids starting for them most likely would have been at DA U giving us that depth much quicker. Butch didn't turn it around over night either and everyone was calling for his head to. Just a thought 504CANE4LIFE

You've been eating too much ecstasy bro. Golden hasn't built ****. The NCAA thing was never anything more than a slap on the wrist, and has been used as an excuse for Golden to hide his ineptitude behind. Give me a ******* break with that "turned Temple around" bull****. Ooh! He had a winning season at Temple?!? Whoopdie-*******-do! He barely has a winning record here. AT THE ******* U! I could dig up my dead grandmother's ashes and she could post a better ******* record than this piece of ****.

By blindly supporting this ****got, you are a part of the problem. You are the reason that the BOT thinks that the Golden haters are just a small vocal minority. They are comfortable knowing there are enough of you blind followers out there to buy tickets. Do us all a favor and DIAF!

I was coached by this dude's dead grandmother's ashes, and I can attest to the fact that they would coach circles around Coach Golden. DGA was a hard ***, but we always knew she cared about us.

Advertisement
All the Golden bashers can continue to do so to each his own but I'm going support cause he is the coach of Da U and I want my team to be great and as of now he is the captain of da ship it's so easy to be negative that's da world we live in. Let's be real bout some things it took that guy over there at fspooo 5yrs to get them where they are at and he didn't have to deal with half the stuff Golden did. I always said this would be the year we really would see what Golden is bout. If we win five games like the experts say then I agree off with his head. But come on fellas let's be real he had a lot of obstacles to go through and it took a couple of years just to get quality depth down da roster and we still saying da LB'S need it. He couldn't red shirt anyone when he got here da 1st couple of years. He is our coach so I hope he succeed call me naive but I just think he had an up hill battle when he took da job. I mean he turn temple around so he got to know something. I think we get caught up thinking is da 80s-90s when they didn't have ucf,usf and these other lil Florida schools where those kids starting for them most likely would have been at DA U giving us that depth much quicker. Butch didn't turn it around over night either and everyone was calling for his head to. Just a thought 504CANE4LIFE

The sanctions Golden dealt with were a joke compared to what Butch dealt with and Butch only had one really bad season considering the circumstances. All of butches seasons except 1 were as good as Golden's best season (and this was considered bad at the time due to unrealistic expectations). I won't take anything from the way Golden handled the situation when he first got here, but it was obvious from the beginning his coaching scheme was questionable at best, but he got the benefit of the doubt as most suspected we would have some issues. The problem here is far too many underestimated the talent on the team when Golden took over. We had a good team. yes we lacked some depth, but we had a better team still than many of the teams beating us. Anyone with any sense knew last year's team was going to be the real deal and Golden squandered the best team we've had in about 10 years with one of our worst records in the last 30.

As far as the Temple thing, you do realize a big part of the "turn around" was from dropping to a lower conference? They were facing some of the worst teams in college football while he was there and still couldn't win there. Golden is in over his head. He couldn't win last year with one of the most talented teams in college football. Depth was not an issue. Sanctions were bare minimum. Schedule was soft as baby ****. We even had FSU beaten only to let it fall apart by coaching like soft *****es scared to lose in the second half. Al has spent so much time trying to come from behind, that he doesn't know what to do when he has the lead early. We have significant issues this year. With that said, anything less than 10 wins and Al needs to go.
4sho I feel you unlike the other fool who wanted to curse to prove he hard. My thing was maybe with the sanction he couldn't get the depth he needed so I will give him til this year b4 I ask for his head. I want to see our team do good and I guess was hoping he turn it around cause if he don't and a new coach comes in it might take even longer cause that coach will have to get his players in da program and who knows how long it will take weer might be waiting another 5yrs. But I feel where u coming from.

Last edited:

The sanctions Golden dealt with were a joke compared to what Butch dealt with and Butch only had one really bad season considering the circumstances. All of butches seasons except 1 were as good as Golden's best season (and this was considered bad at the time due to unrealistic expectations). I won't take anything from the way Golden handled the situation when he first got here, but it was obvious from the beginning his coaching scheme was questionable at best, but he got the benefit of the doubt as most suspected we would have some issues. The problem here is far too many underestimated the talent on the team when Golden took over. We had a good team. yes we lacked some depth, but we had a better team still than many of the teams beating us. Anyone with any sense knew last year's team was going to be the real deal and Golden squandered the best team we've had in about 10 years with one of our worst records in the last 30.

As far as the Temple thing, you do realize a big part of the "turn around" was from dropping to a lower conference? They were facing some of the worst teams in college football while he was there and still couldn't win there. Golden is in over his head. He couldn't win last year with one of the most talented teams in college football. Depth was not an issue. Sanctions were bare minimum. Schedule was soft as baby ****. We even had FSU beaten only to let it fall apart by coaching like soft *****es scared to lose in the second half. Al has spent so much time trying to come from behind, that he doesn't know what to do when he has the lead early. We have significant issues this year. With that said, anything less than 10 wins and Al needs to go.

One quick thing u say we had all that talent when he got here but y da NFL didn't think so we didn't have a lot drafted those first couple of years. Refresh my memory if we did maybe I'm wrong

One quick thing u say we had all that talent when he got here but y da NFL didn't think so we didn't have a lot drafted those first couple of years. Refresh my memory if we did maybe I'm wrong

I will state as I did in the first post, depth did become an issue. Part of which was from guys who who were either kicked from the team or left early. I'm not saying everyone was elite, but just that most were solid players by college football standards. Also, keep in mind making it to the NFL does not dictate that players were scrubs, they just weren't part of the elite group (1% of all players who make it to the pros). Most of the teams we faced in Golden's first year would have killed to have the players we had, including the ones who didn't go pro.

As far as talent from day 1, we had 6 players drafted (Vernon, Spence, Miller, Benjamin, Streeter, and Washington). We also gave the boot to Ray Ray and Aldarius Johnson. Then you had guys who never lived up to their potential. Other players who signed through FA included DL Adawale Ojomo (Giants), DL Marcus Forston (Patriots), DL Micanor Regis (Falcons), DB JoJo Nicholas (Giants), LB Jordan Futch (Bucs).

In addition former UM players QB Jacory Harris and OL Joel Figueroa also recieved invitations to rookie camp tryouts with the hometown Miami Dolphins.

That year we went 6-6 including a loss to Maryland who was extremely bad.

Other players we had on the roster: Buchanon, Linder, Seantrel, Telemaque.

Talent was there. I'm not even including the freshman from that year such as Dorsett, Perryman, Scott, Chick, Gionni, and Eddie Johnson. Depth was an issue, but we had more talent than most of the teams we played. A lot of these guys are still in the league and many get significant playing time/starts.

Again, this was not to say we were a championship team, but we were better than most of our opponents.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I will state as I did in the first post, depth did become an issue. Part of which was from guys who who were either kicked from the team or left early. I'm not saying everyone was elite, but just that most were solid players by college football standards. Also, keep in mind making it to the NFL does not dictate that players were scrubs, they just weren't part of the elite group (1% of all players who make it to the pros). Most of the teams we faced in Golden's first year would have killed to have the players we had, including the ones who didn't go pro.

As far as talent from day 1, we had 6 players drafted (Vernon, Spence, Miller, Benjamin, Streeter, and Washington). We also gave the boot to Ray Ray and Aldarius Johnson. Then you had guys who never lived up to their potential. Other players who signed through FA included DL Adawale Ojomo (Giants), DL Marcus Forston (Patriots), DL Micanor Regis (Falcons), DB JoJo Nicholas (Giants), LB Jordan Futch (Bucs).

In addition former UM players QB Jacory Harris and OL Joel Figueroa also recieved invitations to rookie camp tryouts with the hometown Miami Dolphins.

Talent was there. I'm not even including the freshman from that year such as Dorsett, Perryman, Scott, Chick, Gionni, and Eddie Johnson. Depth was an issue, but we had more talent than most of the teams we played. A lot of these guys are still in the league and many get significant playing time/starts.

Again, this was not to say we were a championship team, but we were better than most of our opponents.
4sho I feel ur point of view and ur right bout being betta than the teams we lost to and kind of change my feelings bout him not having the players. One thing I don't like is him keeping da d-cord. I just hope we put it together this year and we can celebrate the acc championship at least. Good stuff DA U baby

4sho I feel ur point of view and ur right bout being betta than the teams we lost to and kind of change my feelings bout him not having the players. One thing I don't like is him keeping da d-cord. I just hope we put it together this year and we can celebrate the acc championship at least. Good stuff DA U baby

As much as I was already skeptical of Golden's scheme after the first game against Maryland, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe the depth issues were bigger than I thought. Almost all of us knew year 2 was going to be rough after we lost all those players early, so I didn't hold it against him, because we actually seemed somewhat competitive like we had some fire. Year 3 is when he completely lost me though. At this point, I was still seeing all the same issues from game 1. Depth was not nearly as big of an issue. Talent was not an issue (even though Golden and many of his supporters continuously tried to tell us our players were no good). I came to realize Golden had no clue how to defend the pass. I said is after week 1 that I was circling the UNC game that year, because they were the first semi respectable passing team we would play that year. Once Ebron and UNC lit us up with the same pass over and over again followed by an equally bad performance against Wake Forest the next week, I was done with Al. Going into this last season was miserable, because my expectations were already gone and Al did not disappoint with a monumental collapse with a very talented team. Now you can only imagine how I feel going into the season about to start.

Advertisement
Back