For the “we don’t play anybody” crowd

But you addressed your "repost" to the "we don't play anybody crowd" and then you said this "Just gonna sit this here if yal don’t mind" as if you had made some sort of thread-ending argument.

So let's not act as if it was some invitation to politely debate our OOC scheduling, as you and multiple other people have strongly argued that your "repost" is strong evidence that Miami plays a tough OOC schedule.
lol I can’t even believe youre in this thread still going 😂

Please point out where I said we have a “tough OOC schedule” I’ll wait. Again. Because you seem to have a problem with putting words into my mouth

Advertisement
I simply reposted a tweet buddy . You might like this, but I didn’t “go into” anything
In the early 70s obesity was far less prevalent too. Almost as relevant as that tweet you simply chose to post for the **** of it. Not like you were standing behind the tweet you reposted or anything. If you were doing that you might label this dumb *** thread "for the we dont play anybody crowd " or something like that right.

Lmao at people ragging our scheduling without comparison.

The Turds haven't played an OOC game outside of Florida since 1991.

Actually, they played against Michigan in Dallas in 2017. They still haven’t played an OOC game at an opponent’s stadium outside Florida since 1991.
Anyway, why are we using the Gaytors as an excuse for our weak *** OOC schedules?

Last edited:
lol I can’t even believe youre in this thread still going 😂

Please point out where I said we have a “tough OOC schedule” I’ll wait. Again. Because you seem to have a problem with putting words into my mouth

OK, so this long diatribe:

"however despite all that, somehow Miami is still at the top of this list . So I guess any team that isn’t in the SEC plays a weak schedule

we can’t help what conference we’re in so idk why yal constantly bring that up like Miami has any control over who we play in conference .

i also don’t see what the circumstances under which the game was played or who the AD was when the game was played has to do with anything . Either the game was played or it wasn’t. Why does it matter that it was a pre season kickoff game, or a contractual obligation game ? "

was just you changing your mind and agreeing with all of us that Miami hasn't played a very tough schedule over the past 15 years.

Right?

OK, so you didn't use the words "tough OOC schedule". You are still defending your original "repost" where you tried to call out the "we don't play anybody crowd" by providing this misleading stat about Miami playing "so many" ranked P5 teams.

Yawn none of this matters.. if we played FSU Notre Dame and Florida every year.. we would have a reapectable schedule.. who gives af if it's a rival, ooc team, florida school, or whatever the **** yal posters are debating..

because we can only control our OOC schedule, meaning James. Nothing we can do about our conference schedule or when we play ND, thats decided by the ACC. those teams also have to agree to play us and we also have to find agreeable terms.
[/QUOTE]

I'm Sure if Notre Dame and Florida agreed to play us annually or any other year we're not scheduled in Notre Dame's case we would no matter what the ACC says. Every team has to agree to some sort of term it's not just on the AD

Advertisement
because we can only control our OOC schedule, meaning James. Nothing we can do about our conference schedule or when we play ND, thats decided by the ACC. those teams also have to agree to play us and we also have to find agreeable terms.

I'm Sure if Notre Dame and Florida agreed to play us annually or any other year we're not scheduled in Notre Dame's case we would no matter what the ACC says. Every team has to agree to some sort of term it's not just on the AD
[/QUOTE]

guarantee we wouldnt schedule both ND and Florida as annual games. no P5 school in a conference would do that

OK, so this long diatribe:

"however despite all that, somehow Miami is still at the top of this list . So I guess any team that isn’t in the SEC plays a weak schedule

we can’t help what conference we’re in so idk why yal constantly bring that up like Miami has any control over who we play in conference .

i also don’t see what the circumstances under which the game was played or who the AD was when the game was played has to do with anything . Either the game was played or it wasn’t. Why does it matter that it was a pre season kickoff game, or a contractual obligation game ? "

was just you changing your mind and agreeing with all of us that Miami hasn't played a very tough schedule over the past 15 years.

Right?

OK, so you didn't use the words "tough OOC schedule". You are still defending your original "repost" where you tried to call out the "we don't play anybody crowd" by providing this misleading stat about Miami playing "so many" ranked P5 teams.
Honestly I really don’t care enough to continue reading these paragraphs you insist on writing to say the same thing over and over . I’d rather just agree to disagree than continue entertaining this.

Oh, good lord, what a useless statistic, used in a misleading way, to "act" as if Miami is doing a good job of scheduling.

A bit of analysis exposes the truth.

First, nobody said that Miami has NEVER played good teams, only that our scheduling has DECLINED and that we are playing the same crappy teams over and over and over again.

Second, Paul Dee was our AD through 2008. He had some decent games scheduled out for a few years. After our last high-water mark in 2012, when we played K-State and Notre Dame in the same year, this is what has happened since:

2013 - UF
2014 - Nebraska
2015 - nobody
2016 - nobody
2017 - Notre Dame as a contractual obligation arising from ND joining the ACC for all sports except football
2018 - LSU in a pre-season kickoff game
2019 - UF in a pre-season kickoff game

In fact, of these 14 massive "games against ranked Power Five teams", five have come against either The Gata or Notre Dame, two teams that have been traditional rivals of Miami's. Kick in another "contractual obligation" game (Louisville, when we tossed a few games to Big East left-behinds to compensate for us going to the ACC) and FIVE games against teams we have frequently faced in bowl games (2 games with OK, 2 games with Taint, and 1 game with Nebraska).

And look at the DECLINE. In the last 7 years, we have faced exactly FIVE ranked Power 5 teams, and 2 of the 5 were The Gata.

Then look at how we have scheduled beyond the Power 5. In the past 15 years, we have played:

FIU - 3 times
FAU - 3 times
FAMU - 5 times
Bethune-Cookman - 5 times
USF - 6 times (and we scheduled them before they were "good")
UCF - 2 times (and we DEFINITELY scheduled them before they were "good")
Savannah State - 2 times
Toledo - 2 times
Arkansas State - 2 times (one cancelled due to hurricane)

Here are the "good" OOC ranked Power 5 games:

Colorado - once (2005)
Texas A&M - once (2008)
Pitt - once (2010) - contractual obligation game
K-State - once (2011)
Nebraska - once (2015)
Notre Dame - once (2016) - contractual obligation game

That's it. In 15 years, besides our massive FOURTEEN ranked Power 5 opponents, we have had EXACTLY SIX "unranked" Power 5 opponents, though two were contractual obligation games (and query whether Pitt was Power 5 at the time - no).

So, sure, we have gotten lucky that most of our Power 5 opponents have been good when we played them, but we keep going back to the same cast of "usual suspects" (for both Power 5 AND crappy Florida directional schools).

AND LET'S RESTATE SOMETHING IMPORTANT. In the past SEVEN years, we have played exactly ONE game against a ranked Power 5 opponent that wasn't either (a) a traditional rival (The Gata and Notre Dame), (b) a pre-season kickoff game (The Gata and LSU), and/or (c) a contractual obligation game (Notre Dame).

SORRY, BUT THAT IS HORRIBLE SCHEDULING OVER THE PAST SEVEN YEARS.
I said this when we scheduled South Carolina. Our out of conference slate is boring. We are playing TA&M again in the coming years too. We played LSU and have Bama next year. Michigan State was fine. I never thought I would say this, but I am really jealous of UF's upcoming games. Utah, Cal, Colorado, and Texas are at a minimum great places to visit, and Utah and Texas are both good games. Who the **** wants to go to Columbia, SC to play a team in the bottom half of the SEC? If you are not going to schedule a big name school, at least make it someplace worth scheduling a trip to.

Lmao at people ragging our scheduling without comparison.

The Turds haven't played an OOC game outside of Florida since 1991.
While that was true in the past, it is not true in the future. Instead we are the ones scheduling soft.

Advertisement
I said this when we scheduled South Carolina. Our out of conference slate is boring. We are playing TA&M again in the coming years too. We played LSU and have Bama next year. Michigan State was fine. I never thought I would say this, but I am really jealous of UF's upcoming games. Utah, Cal, Colorado, and Texas are at a minimum great places to visit, and Utah and Texas are both good games. Who the **** wants to go to Columbia, SC to play a team in the bottom half of the SEC? If you are not going to schedule a big name school, at least make it someplace worth scheduling a trip to.

Agreed.

I've said this before, but it bears repeating. In one of the years that we played F$U in Tallahassee on Labor Day, we also played Temple in Philly. The Alumni Office sold more travel packages for the Temple game than the F$U game.

Give the fans something to enjoy, a reason to travel to games and to support the team.

VANDERBILT. A Home-and-Home with LSU. NORTHWESTERN. MINNESOTA. MARYLAND. RUTGERS. KANSAS. TCU. TEXAS. LITERALLY ANY TEAM IN THE PAC 12 EXCEPT MAYBE WASHINGTON STATE OR OREGON STATE.

That's a ton of great trips to great cities where we could see great games.

I'm doing Blake's job for him.

South Carolina is a really good college atmosphere. Their team is fairly average, but the game day atmosphere is better than anything in the Coastal.

I think all fans would like to see more big name opponents on the schedule but today’s college football climate doesn’t make it easy to do. Teams, especially powerhouse teams, don’t want to schedule home and homes simply because of financial reasons. They’d rather schedule an extra home game against a patsy than lose the home game revenue by playing a game at another team’s stadium. They’ll agree to neutral site games like we’ve had the last two years because that neutral site guarantees a payout. It’s not just a Miami problem, it’s a college football problem. Look at the schedules and see how many top teams schedule OOC home and homes against another top team. It almost doesn’t exist. The best you’ll get is maybe some mid tier P5 schools (Miami vs Michigan State) but you’ll never see a Alabama vs Ohio State home and home again.

Except this is not really true anymore. You look within the last couple of years and next few years, and here's a sampling of what some teams have scheduled:

-UF has Texas, Utah, Miami, ASU, and Cal (on top of FSU every year)
-Texas has Ohio State, Michigan, Georgia, Alabama and UF
-Alabama has Texas, FSU, Wisconsin, Oklahoma and ND
-Michigan has Washington, Texas and Oklahoma
-Clemson has Georgia, LSU and Oklahoma
-Georgia has FSU, ND, Oklahoma, Texas, Clemson, Ohio State and UCLA
-LSU has FSU in a sort-of home and home (NO and Orlando), Texas, ASU, Clemson, Oklahoma, UCLA and Utah
-Oklahoma has about everybody apparently

Dropping to the next tier of schools:
-Oklahoma State has Oregon, Arkansas, Arizona State
-ASU has UF, LSU, Oklahoma State, and A&M
-Mich St has Miami, BYU, Boise, ND, Oregon and Washington
-VT has PSU, Vandy, WV, Arizona, Wisconsin, Ole Miss and Alabama
-Cal has TCU, ND, Auburn and UF
-Auburn has PSU, Cal, Baylor and UCLA

We have UF (again but always ok with this one), Texas A&M (would be fine if we did not play them in recent history), Michigan State (this is a good one) and South Carolina (why). Our scheduling sucks compared to every team above. These are largely boring games.

With attendance dropping and the playoff willing to put a team with a quality loss or two in, teams are scheduling these big games. And when (not if) the playoff expands to 8 teams, even more 2 loss teams will get in, so a strong schedule will be even more important, especially with the presumption that the ACC sucks.

South Carolina is a really good college atmosphere. Their team is fairly average, but the game day atmosphere is better than anything in the Coastal.
The team is average, the town is average at best, and the stadium/game day atmosphere are not on any college football bucket lists. There was no reason to schedule them over about 50 other teams, especially not as our marquee out of conference game for that season.

Advertisement
Both sides of this argument are partially right. When we scheduled MSU they were a top 15 team for a few years in a row . IN the non conference you should play 1 great team ( top 10ish) 1 good team 1 average team and 1 horrible team. To do more then that is asking to lose. This past season we played UF a the great team but didn't play a good team just played 2 average ones and 1 horrible one . So we could do better but its not like we scheduled horribly . Next season is worse but I am glad as all that matters next season is winning games and the coastal . If we play a horrible schedule to do that so be it . All that will matter is we will be back in the spot light and the U will be on the minds of the biggest recruits. No one will remember who we played just that we won .

The team is average, the town is average at best, and the stadium/game day atmosphere are not on any college football bucket lists. There was no reason to schedule them over about 50 other teams, especially not as our marquee out of conference game for that season.

And he's also saying that the SC "gameday atmosphere" is better than...anything in the COASTAL. Wow, what a high bar.

At any rate, North Carolina and VaTech have very nice gameday atmospheres (and I always love UVa, though it's not for everyone).

Can you list all 50 teams that were available during this scheduling time period?

Quite frankly, with that idiot Diaz as the HC, Miami should stick to OOC games they can possibly compete in.

I have been there two times for games and it was a very good game day atmosphere. In addition, it allows for Miami fans from FL the opportunity to drive up and attend the game.

Advertisement
Except this is not really true anymore. You look within the last couple of years and next few years, and here's a sampling of what some teams have scheduled:

-LSU has FSU in a sort-of home and home (NO and Orlando), Texas, ASU, Clemson, Oklahoma, UCLA and Utah

We have UF (again but always ok with this one), Texas A&M (would be fine if we did not play them in recent history), Michigan State (this is a good one) and South Carolina (why). Our scheduling sucks compared to every team above. These are largely boring games.

With attendance dropping and the playoff willing to put a team with a quality loss or two in, teams are scheduling these big games. And when (not if) the playoff expands to 8 teams, even more 2 loss teams will get in, so a strong schedule will be even more important, especially with the presumption that the ACC sucks.
How many of those games among the top tier are actual home and home series? Admittedly i haven’t been looking into future matchups but I know that there hasn’t been a bunch of home/home ooc matchups between power programs in recent years. Almost every big OOC game is a one off at a neutral site. Or a bowl game.

Alabama, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, LSU, Michigan State, South Carolina and Florida over a 6-8 year period sucks?

Ok.

And he's also saying that the SC "gameday atmosphere" is better than...anything in the COASTAL. Wow, what a high bar.

At any rate, North Carolina and VaTech have very nice gameday atmospheres (and I always love UVa, though it's not for everyone).

You love UVA because you’re a pompous *** who belongs with that wine and cheese crowd while you brag about the “ins” and “outs” of doing taxes.

Advertisement
Back