For the “we don’t play anybody” crowd

It doesnt matter who we play, all that matters is how we play. When we were in the big east and winning championships did it matter, how much did it help Fsu beat us, ****, they joined the ACC long before we did, did that make them better than us, **** no, so all this schedule talk is useless, all that matters is whst actually happens when you get to the Championship games, and since we been playing for the most part like dog doo-doo over the years, we havent been beating the teams we normally dominate when we playing right, so as of right now, we have just been a mediocre program for at least 13 of the last 17 years.

Advertisement
We played Notre Dame in 2016 (granted they sucked that year, but they're a traditional blue blood) and in 2017. This was scheduled along with the 2012 "neutral site" game in Chicago. It wasn't scheduled as a result of them joining the ACC, this was done beforehand. Otherwise, I don't think our scheduling has been bad but it definitely hasn't been great. The mid-20s looks promising though.

Those three games were actually scheduled as a part of them coming into the ACC. The ACC had been talking with ND for a long time prior to the announcement, and the Miami games were the prelude, to ease ND fans into the arrangement.

The 2-for-1 was announced in 2010. ND decided to join the ACC in 2012. It was all a part of the same process, Notre Dame didn't just schedule Miami out-of-the-blue, particularly after promising that they would NEVER play Miami again.

And, again, if you look at our future schedules (when future ND games are determined based on the ACC agreement), you can see that the vast majority of our future quality (thus far) is based on either ND or The Gata.

I'm not saying I don't want to play those games, I love those games, but they don't require much effort on Blake's part.

And when the rest of our schedule fills up with Florida directional schools and Division II opponents, you can apologize.

The only issue I have with the schedule the past couple of years is winning or rather the lack there of.

I see no point in hashing out the past as we play Mich St in 2020, Alabama and Mich St in 2021, and Texas A&M in 2022. None of the schools are scheduling more than 1 P5 in their non conference if they don't have to. Most teams play only 1 P5 non conference game. FSU's schedule is harder than Miami because they have to play UF every year (mandated by state legislature). Then add in Clemson and UM. Most schools that play 2 non conference P5 games is because their state mandates it. Otherwise, they probably play just one.

I think what's really going on is the fact that VT and FSU (UM as well) have declined the past few seasons making the schedule much weaker. If VT, FSU, and Mich St were all ranked, the 2020 schedule would look much different in the eyes of the fans.

Last edited:
The point is we don't have to play FSU every year and still do. Despite that we have routinely scheduled a ton of traditionally very tough home and home matchups and several season openers over our history while the Turds have never had the sac to even leave Florida.

Listen dummy. FSU is Miami’s annual ACC cross over game, just like UF and LSU. Miami and FSU built it into the contract when Miami came over so that game wouldn’t be lost as an annual match up.

The comment below literally made me lol.

"We got lucky that 14 of our 20 Power Five OOC games were against ranked teams, and that we made it to #2 on that list, but it doesn't change the reality that we only played 20 Power Five OOC games in 15 years."

Not going to check your cherry pick math but just tell me this. Who has played more?

You work at the Hecht, you can walk down the hall and ask the SID to answer your question.

First of all, you can START with teams like F$U, UF, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Clemson, and South Carolina, WHO HAVE PLAYED AT LEAST FIFTEEN POWER FIVE OOC GAMES IN FIFTEEN YEARS, before you even factor in their NON-RIVAL opponents.

But, hey, you just get to sit there and pretend that NOBODY has played more than 20 P5 OOC games in the last 15 years. I just gave you SIX right off the top of my head.

And, yes, I realize that there are other reasons why they play so many P5 OOC games.

BUT THAT ISN'T AN EXCUSE for the F$U, UF, UGa, GaTech, Clemson, and South Carolina ADs to schedule three other G5 or Division II games every year.

Advertisement
The point is we don't have to play FSU every year and still do. Despite that we have routinely scheduled a ton of traditionally very tough home and home matchups and several season openers over our history while the Turds have never had the sac to even leave Florida.

the real point is they have annual p5 non conf matchup with a rival located in Florida (so that game will always be in FL), we do not which requires us to schedule other home and homes hopefully with a p5 school, just like UF does with FSU. The rest are all home games because they’ll pay schools to come in and play them to have a home game. It’s all about money and every school in the country wants to guarantee themselves at least 7 home games a year

Last edited:
I think all fans would like to see more big name opponents on the schedule but today’s college football climate doesn’t make it easy to do. Teams, especially powerhouse teams, don’t want to schedule home and homes simply because of financial reasons. They’d rather schedule an extra home game against a patsy than lose the home game revenue by playing a game at another team’s stadium. They’ll agree to neutral site games like we’ve had the last two years because that neutral site guarantees a payout. It’s not just a Miami problem, it’s a college football problem. Look at the schedules and see how many top teams schedule OOC home and homes against another top team. It almost doesn’t exist. The best you’ll get is maybe some mid tier P5 schools (Miami vs Michigan State) but you’ll never see a Alabama vs Ohio State home and home again.

You work at the Hecht, you can walk down the hall and ask the SID to answer your question.

First of all, you can START with teams like F$U, UF, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Clemson, and South Carolina, WHO HAVE PLAYED AT LEAST FIFTEEN POWER FIVE OOC GAMES IN FIFTEEN YEARS, before you even factor in their NON-RIVAL opponents.

But, hey, you just get to sit there and pretend that NOBODY has played more than 20 P5 OOC games in the last 15 years. I just gave you SIX right off the top of my head.

And, yes, I realize that there are other reasons why they play so many P5 OOC games.

BUT THAT ISN'T AN EXCUSE for the F$U, UF, UGa, GaTech, Clemson, and South Carolina ADs to schedule three other G5 or Division II games every year.

You continually speak out of both sides of your mouth dude. You talk about us being "lucky" and "contractually required" to do things that put us at #2 with 15 ranked teams, then drop South Carolina/Clemson and Georgia/GT as some kind of bold move, scheduling prowess or even a valid comparison.

FSU is that game for us, regardless of affiliation. Aside from that Georgia, South Carolina and UF historically don't and wouldn't play any team with a pulse unless they absolutely had to in a bowl game.

We've scheduled Ohio State, Nebraska, Bama, Michigan State, LSU, Kansas State and Texas A&M just this decade. And never forget, for whatever the reason, the Turds dropped us just to add a cup cake every year, not vice versa.

Who else has done anything remotely like that until the SOS became such a big deal in the last few years.

Advertisement
The only issue I have with the schedule the past couple of years is winning or rather the lack there of.

I see no point in hashing out the past as we play Mich St in 2020, Alabama and Mich St in 2021, and Texas A&M in 2022. None of the schools are scheduling more than 1 P5 in their non conference if they don't have to. Alabama and Clemson play only 1 P5 non conference game. FSU's schedule is harder than Clemson and Miami because they have to play UF every year. Then add in Clemson and UM.

I think what's really going on is the fact that VT and FSU (UM as well) have declined the past few seasons making the schedule much weaker. If VT, FSU, and Mich St were all ranked, the 2020 schedule would look much different in the eyes of the fans.

"I see no point in hashing out the past". That's the attitude that allows Blake to sit back and do nothing.

As for comparing ourselves to others, in order to rationalize our weakness, that is a joke.

And your reliance on the MYTH of "Clemson playing only 1 P5 non-conference game", yeah, that is a lie. First of all, they play South Carolina every year, so that's already ONE, and then they schedule a SECOND game. In addition to playing South Carolina every year, Clemson has played:

2019 - Texas A&M
2018 - Texas A&M
2017 - Auburn
2016 - Auburn
2015 - Notre Dame
2014 - Georgia
2013 - Georgia
2012 - Auburn
2011 - Auburn
2010 - Auburn
2009 - TCU
2008 - Alabama
2007 - nobody (besides SC)
2006 - nobody (besides SC)
2005 - Texas A&M

So, uh, YEAH, Clemson, the team who "only plays 1 P5 OOC every year" has actually played 28 P5 OOC games in the past 15 years (compared to Miami's 20) and they've won 2 national championships and played for 2 others.

And even if you took away South Carolina, the rest of that list destroys Miami's P5 OOC schedule. Oh, but we played K-State.

The bottom line is simple, we have too many fans who rely on myths and lies to defend Miami's scheduling and to act like "we are just doing what everyone else is doing".

Stop it. It's a bad look. Clemson's OOC scheduling craps all over Miami's. As just ONE example of a "myth vs. reality" situation.

"I see no point in hashing out the past". That's the attitude that allows Blake to sit back and do nothing.

As for comparing ourselves to others, in order to rationalize our weakness, that is a joke.

And your reliance on the MYTH of "Clemson playing only 1 P5 non-conference game", yeah, that is a lie. First of all, they play South Carolina every year, so that's already ONE, and then they schedule a SECOND game. In addition to playing South Carolina every year, Clemson has played:

2019 - Texas A&M
2018 - Texas A&M
2017 - Auburn
2016 - Auburn
2015 - Notre Dame
2014 - Georgia
2013 - Georgia
2012 - Auburn
2011 - Auburn
2010 - Auburn
2009 - TCU
2008 - Alabama
2007 - nobody (besides SC)
2006 - nobody (besides SC)
2005 - Texas A&M

So, uh, YEAH, Clemson, the team who "only plays 1 P5 OOC every year" has actually played 28 P5 OOC games in the past 15 years (compared to Miami's 20) and they've won 2 national championships and played for 2 others.

And even if you took away South Carolina, the rest of that list destroys Miami's P5 OOC schedule. Oh, but we played K-State.

The bottom line is simple, we have too many fans who rely on myths and lies to defend Miami's scheduling and to act like "we are just doing what everyone else is doing".

Stop it. It's a bad look. Clemson's OOC scheduling craps all over Miami's. As just ONE example of a "myth vs. reality" situation.

It's impossible that you can't see how lumping in and including perennial doormats S. Carolina for Clemson and GT for Georgia is so ridiculously misleading to the big picture conversation.

You're just being a troll at this point.

1-2 until proven otherwise and the fans deserve better opponents for the money they spend

Wow. You believe 1-2 start is a possibility?

And some muppets came unglued when I suggested up to 4Ws for the season was a legitimate discussion until our Canes prove otherwise.

Careful Sinister...I can hear the drums of muppet war banging off in the distance.

Advertisement
You continually speak out of both sides of your mouth dude. You talk about us being "lucky" and "contractually required" to do things that put us at #2 with 15 ranked teams, then drop South Carolina/Clemson and Georgia/GT as some kind of bold move, scheduling prowess or even a valid comparison.

FSU is that game for us, regardless of affiliation. Aside from that Georgia, South Carolina and UF historically don't and wouldn't play any team with a pulse unless they absolutely had to in a bowl game.

We've scheduled Ohio State, Nebraska, Bama, Michigan State, LSU, Kansas State and Texas A&M just this decade. And never forget, for whatever the reason, the Turds dropped us just to add a cup cake every year, not vice versa.

Who else has done anything remotely like that until the SOS became such a big deal in the last few years.

No, dopey, I'm not "speaking out of both sides of my mouth".

I realize that you can't comprehend logic very easily, so I'll make it very simple for a simpleton such as yourself.

"Lucky" is what puts Miami higher on that list than Clemson. Miami played 20 P5 games, and 14 opponents were ranked (70%). Clemson played 28 P5 games, and 13 were ranked (under 50%). Clemson played a MUCH TOUGHER slate of OOC teams overall, but is lower on the list, based solely on the luck of the draw, since those games are scheduled years in advance. If you don't understand that, then you are hopeless.

And the "contractually obligated" games argument is to point out that Blake (and Shermanator and Hocvnt before him) are not doing a very good job of scheduling. I'm not saying DON'T play Notre Dame, I'm just pointing out that it isn't a huge stretch to add teams like "Pitt" and "Louisville" (teams that might not even really qualify as P5 teams at the time we played them as OOC games) when you are forced to do so. Additionally, it might not be as challenging to get LSU (or Alabama in the future) to agree to a pre-season game, but we need to make the effort to get those teams to play a home-and-home with Miami.

As for you whining about me 100% accurate postings, you have now inflated Miami's 14 games against ranked P5 teams to 15. And one of those games was against #12 Louisville in 2006 when they were in the decimated, left-behind Big Least. So, in truth, Miami probably shouldn't get credit for that, and then it's 13 games and we are ranked with "only schedules one P5 opponent per year" Clemson.

Again, you try to minimize actual, factual truths. If UF-F$U-UGa-GaTech-Clemson-SC were the "only play 1 P5 OOC game" teams, then you might have a point about "contractual obligations".

But the reality is that it proves those schools are even tougher than Miami because they already know that they have one guaranteed P5 OOC opponent.

I already proved that Clemson played 28 ****-good P5 opponents in 15 years.

F$U has also played 28 ****-good P5 opponents in 15 years (and, yes, I am going to count BYU as well as ND, two independent religious schools that have won national championships, and BYU was even ranked #9 one of the times they played F$U). F$U has played OOC games against Syracuse, Colorado, Alabama, BYU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Ole Miss IN ADDITION TO PLAYING UF ANNUALLY.

So stop comparing Miami to everyone else to justify our scheduling laziness. Miami scheduled 20 P5 games IN TOTAL in 15 years. Clemson and F$U scheduled 13 IN ADDITION TO THEIR ANNUAL P5 RIVALRY GAMES.

Stop justifying our bad scheduling.

And as for your "list", you don't get to simultaneously go backwards and forwards in time. And it's a bit of a stretch to try to use 11 football seasons to put the last Ohio Taint game in the "same decade" as the future Alabama game.

But, hey, keep pulling those stats from the Hecht Center to defend Boy Blake.

It's impossible that you can't see how lumping in and including perennial doormats S. Carolina for Clemson and GT for Georgia is so ridiculously misleading to the big picture conversation.

Its hilarious that you say that when we just lost to 3-win GT at home and have lost the last 2 against them...and we just scheduled SC for 2026-27 and lost to them a few years ago last time we played them. oh and GT has won the coastal 4 times and the ACC once. If you need Miami's info to compare, I can provide it

I can't believe I am going to do this.

I hate everything about The Gata.

In the last 15 years, Miami has played 20 Power 5 OOC opponents (maybe fewer if you don't count Pitt and Louisville when they were in the Big Least).

In the last 15 years, The Gata has played 19 Power 5 OOC opponents. F$U 15 times, Miami 3 times, Michigan once.

So, yeah, we can mock The Gata, but their OOC scheduling is basically as good as, if not better than, Miami's, purely from a quality standpoint. From a diversity standpoint, not so much. But quality, yes.

Advertisement
Its hilarious that you say that when we just lost to 3-win GT at home and have lost the last 2 against them...and we just scheduled SC for 2026-27 and lost to them a few years ago last time we played them. oh and GT has won the coastal 4 times and the ACC once. If you need Miami's info to compare, I can provide it

Us losing to GT doesn't make them any less of a perennial doormat dude. The've had two 10 win seasons in the last 20 years.

Us losing to GT doesn't make them any less of a perennial doormat dude.

If GT and SC are doormats, then so is Miami, maybe worse.... considering they have accomplished significantly more in the last 15 years than we have and our recent record against them is junk. If thats the case, why would anyone get credit for scheduling us in non-conf games?

Ah, yes, the "perennial doormats" argument. As if South Carolina and Georgia Tech are the functional equivalents of Northwestern or Vanderbilt.

In the past 15 years, South Carolina has won the SEC East once and finished in the Top 25 three times.

In the past 15 years, GaTech has won the Coastal 5 times (and the ACC once) and finished in the Top 25 three times.

How has Miami done in that same time period?

By your definition, Miami is a perennial doormat.

Advertisement
Back