For sure gone, likely gone, up in the air

Advertisement
One year he wanted to hire Dorsey and couldn’t get the deal done. The next year he couldn’t fire Gattis because HR and legal were involved. You can choose to ignore the why behind that happening, that’s on you. If it happens this year, that’s inexcusable.
I can ignore it already because both times it resulted in us missing out on adding skill players. If the reason matters to you congrats.

Genuine question.

If there truly was a culture change, why would we have so many players leave to the portal? Isn’t that hypocritical?

I guess we’ll have to wait and see exactly who leaves and who stays. If most of the freshmen stay, that’s a good sign.

One thing is for certain: giant roster turnover isn’t what we need for ‘24. We need wins in Year 3, not a rebuild.

Genuine question.

If there truly was a culture change, why would we have so many players leave to the portal? Isn’t that hypocritical?

I guess we’ll have to wait and see who exactly leaves and stays. If most of the freshmen stay, that’s a good sign.

Giant Roster turnover isn’t what we need for ‘24. We need wins in Year 3, not a rebuild.
Too much losing and dwindling belief in the "vision" will do that.

Advertisement
That’s reality.
would you stay of your head coach cost you a least 3 wins? 3 wins? I grant you GT, but you can't say 3.

Would you stay if the medical team can’t get your right after 2 years? Citizen? Zion? Where is proof here? What starter from this years team hasn't gotten right in 2 years?

Would you stay if your offense doesn’t utilize the position? What position this year? TE? Cam is old not a receiving target. Williams was a true freshman that had drops? Arroyo hurt

Would you stay if you are getting minimal NIL opportunities? @DMoney says this is not true

Would you want to play in a half empty stadium 6 weeks out of the year? Stadium wasn't half empty for Texas A&M, GT, Clemson.

Pretty simple to figure out why guys would leave.

Good NIL opportunities. Great place to live. Play for a proven P5 conference champion winning HC. Opportunity to keep building to bring Miami back to prominence. Play for a HC that has proven he can develop NFL players under his watch.

Advertisement
Genuine question.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see exactly who leaves and who stays. If most of the freshmen stay, that’s a good sign.

One thing is for certain: giant roster turnover isn’t what we need for ‘24. We need wins in Year 3, not a rebuild.
Too presumptuous of you.

We must first exam the destination i.e., Leaving early for the NFL vs. leaving for another program.

Then we must evaluate “why” the player is leaving i.e., More playing time? More money? Better team? Better coaching and development?

Once those facts are determined then we can judge.

Taken at face value, that list is 65/35 Danny Miaz so I'm not too upset. I for one want all signs and remembrance of him wiped/scrubbed from this program.

Advertisement
Genuine question.

Because this is college football in the year 23. This is the new normal. Nil + 1 time transfer + no ic limit.

You have no idea how many or who will leave for the portal. If Brashard Smith leaves is that a big contributor? Yes. Is it the end of the world or unexpected for our current WR4 to want to go somewhere to try to be a WR1? Not really. If the contributors that are leaving are starters, that’d be a little different. Like if JHH transfered that’d be bad. If he enters the draft? Not so bad. Chaney? He isn’t THE starter. He’s started some games. But not like he was some superstar either. I thought he was our best RB this year. He’s a big contributor. But is losing him some major problem? Not really.

But regardless, the new age of CFB will have a lot of turnover. Freshman will leave when they didn’t get pt and still have guys ahead of them. Upperclassmen who aren’t sure starters will leave to make sure they are. Some guts will leave just to get a higher payday. Is what it is. Winning can cover a lot of that up. And that’s what we need to do this year. The portal QB we get will be the only thing that REALLY makes a major difference.

Miami doesn’t have near enough to compete with the big schools
Indigenous People Hawaii GIF by GIPHY News

Advertisement
Please no on a portal TE.

If CM doesn’t come back, none of the TEs allow Mario to run what he wants to run. They force us to use them as an actual receiving threat.

Biggest concern is Mario uses the portal to go get another piano to plug the box at TE.
Don't think arroyo and Riley will improve?
Loften is the type he wants as well

I can ignore it already because both times it resulted in us missing out on adding skill players. If the reason matters to you congrats.
There are enough very valid complaints, criticisms and well founded concerns to not have to ignore the full picture. To be clear, if you said he should have moved on from Dorsey because there were enough good candidates out there, fair play and agree to an extent. But the problem with posters like you is you’re so dug in on your stance that you have zero objectivity and ***** for the sake of *****ing.

There are enough very valid complaints, criticisms and well founded concerns to not have to ignore the full picture. To be clear, if you said he should have moved on from Dorsey because there were enough good candidates out there, fair play and agree to an extent. But the problem with posters like you is you’re so dug in on your stance that you have zero objectivity and ***** for the sake of *****ing.
K.

Advertisement
Back