For Mark Little - NO Gnome

Advertisement
If you're in a road regional, beating the number one seed puts you in a better position to win the tournament. But "who cares", right?

You wouldn't care. That's who.

The team either advances or it doesn't. Again, stop pretending that you would've laid off any of those teams that you love hating simple because they got one win over a higher seed.

Advancing doesn't require beating the "best teams" it only requires beating the teams that you play.

Show me the path to a title during Jim Morris' tenure when we would not have had to face a single #1 or #2 seed. Quit being disingenuous. His teams have sucked when they were challenged.

You wouldn't care. That's who.

The team either advances or it doesn't. Again, stop pretending that you would've laid off any of those teams that you love hating simple because they got one win over a higher seed.

That's the point flying past you.

If we win ONE game against a #1 seed, then you are one win closer to advancing. If you go ten years without beating one, then you probably didn't advance very often.

Sorry, Jim, but you can't rely on VCU and BC showing up in the other dugout every night in the postseason.

Show me the path to a title during Jim Morris' tenure when we would not have had to face a single #1 or #2 seed. Quit being disingenuous.

Why? I never said there were any.

The point is that you're making up statistics so you can bash teams. You can only beat who's in front of you and teams have no control over who they play.

Advertisement
Why? I never said there were any.

The point is that you're making up statistics so you can bash teams. You can only beat who's in front of you and teams have no control over who they play.

Except that we don't beat who's in front of us if they are any good. We've had ten years worth of that.

Advertisement
And follow up with the same stupid line that other luminaries like tcgrad have used.

It's still really dumb. It hasn't aged any better.

If it was so dumb you would be able to tell us why it's so dumb. Jim Morris has ADVANCED just three times in the last ten years. Why? Because in two of those years he played only 3 and 4 seeds.

The data backs me up.

We don't beat good teams in the postseason, that's why we rarely advance.

"WE BEAT 16 TOP 25 RPI TEAMS IN 2016!!!!

Thanks, DannyBoyCane.

If it was so dumb you would be able to tell us why it's so dumb.

I have. Many times.

The #3 national seed and #1 team in the RPI doesn't need to rely on playing BC and VCU to advance. They would be favored against anybody they faced in the Regional/Super Regional.

To argue that lesser Miami teams (2010, 2011, etc.) failed to beat better opponents so therefore the best Miami teams of the decade would lose to lesser opponents is really stupid.

Advertisement
I have. Many times.

The #3 national seed and #1 team in the RPI doesn't need to rely on playing BC and VCU to advance. They would be favored against anybody they faced in the Regional/Super Regional.

To argue that lesser Miami teams (2010, 2011, etc.) failed to beat better opponents so therefore the best Miami teams of the decade would lose to lesser opponents is really stupid.

You forgot that the "best Miami teams of the decade" went 1-4 once they got out of the 3/4-seed portion of the tournament.

Again, using silly logic about the 2011 or 2013 team to make broad statements about the 2015-16 teams.

Dumb.

Where are you coming up with "2011 or 2013"? The same data holds true for the entire decade. None of them beat a #1 seed, none of them beat a team on the road, every single one was eliminated once they were challenged.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back