For Mark Little - NO Gnome

Once again, four ACC hosts, three of whom don't make it out of the first weekend. BUT LOOK AT OUR WINS AGAINST CLEMSON AND LOUISVILLE!!!!

Advertisement
But, again, you're assuming that only an "easy" opponent allowed a Jim Morris coached team to reach Omaha.

That's just stupid.

Yes, because I can look at a ten year sample size and see what happens when he plays #1 and #2 seeds. ****, look what happened IN THOSE YEARS when he finally had to play #1 and #2 seeds. 1-4. He couldn't even have a clean slate against the 3 and 4 seeds in those postseasons.

This is not true.

Of course it is.

"We had the #8 RPI. We shouldn't have been paired with Florida"
What about when Florida had the #5 RPI and they were sent to us?
"Uh, look at their conference record"

Why do you think we were good in 2015 and 2016?
"Look at our RPI"
So the 2017 team was better than the 2018 team?
"No, look at our batting average"

So transparent.

Miami has a top 3 RPI - "WE WERE GREAT!"

Florida has the #5 RPI - "YEAH BUT LOOK AT THEIR CONFERENCE RECORD"

So transparent.

Miami was #3 in the RPI....

and

ACC Regular Season champion

and

led the country in top 50 RPI wins

Somehow, you got this false impression that Miami only had RPI and nothing else.

Advertisement
Sorry, but that doesn't get you anywhere in the postseason, as the ACC shows year after year.

The ACC has had a team in Omaha for 13 straight years now.

The ACC has the second most appearances in the country since 2005.

12 of the 14 programs have been to a Super Regional.

You just make stuff up.

Advertisement
The ACC has had a team in Omaha for 13 straight years now.

The ACC has the second most appearances in the country since 2005.

12 of the 14 programs have been to a Super Regional.

You just make stuff up.

The ACC is seeded into Omaha because of a laughably bad rating system. And we still can't get it right.

But, again, you're assuming that only an "easy" opponent allowed a Jim Morris coached team to reach Omaha.

That's just stupid.

Ten years worth of results:

Record vs #1 seeds: 0-9
Record vs #2 seeds: 4-5
Record vs #3 seeds: 11-4
Record vs #4 seeds: 7-1

So, yes, I'm assuming that we finally reached Omaha because we faced easy opponents.

To get to Omaha in 2015-16, we played 100% of our games against 3/4 seeds and went 10-2. Once we reached Omaha, we played 100% of our games against 1/2 seeds and went 1-4.

So, yes, I'm assuming that we finally reached Omaha because we faced easy opponents.

Teams with wins against #1 seeds in the past two weeks:
FAU, Army, Auburn (2), Duke (3), South Carolina (2), UNC Wilmington, Tennessee Tech (3), Samford, Oregon State (2), North Carolina (2), Mississippi State, Vanderbilt (2), Cal State Fullerton (2), Washington, Connecticut.

It has only happened 25 times this year.

Miami's wins over #1 seeds in the past ten years:

Advertisement
The ACC is seeded into Omaha because of a laughably bad rating system. And we still can't get it right.

That's another fine opinion you've got.

Yet another case of you using the negative outcome to make a point where you would never use the positive outcome in reverse.

So you can't say that getting to Omaha means nothing, but then use not getting to Omaha as something.

Ten years worth of results:

Record vs #1 seeds: 0-9
Record vs #2 seeds: 4-5
Record vs #3 seeds: 11-4
Record vs #4 seeds: 7-1

How many of those were played by the 2015-16 teams at Mark Light?

Advertisement
Teams with wins against #1 seeds in the past two weeks:
FAU, Army, Auburn (2), Duke (3), South Carolina (2), UNC Wilmington, Tennessee Tech (3), Samford, Oregon State (2), North Carolina (2), Mississippi State, Vanderbilt (2), Cal State Fullerton (2), Washington, Connecticut..

This still doesn't matter.

It didn't matter the first time you said it many, many years ago.

I'll await word of Army raising the "win against a #1 seed" banner during next season's opening game.

This still doesn't matter.

It didn't matter the first time you said it many, many years ago.

I'll await word of Army raising the "win against a #1 seed" banner during next season's opening game.

You know what matters? Advancing. We've made the postseason eight of the last ten years, and we were eliminated by a 1 or 2 seed in 7 of those years. Somehow we even managed to get eliminated without even playing a 1 or 2 seed.

Advancing matters, and you don't advance very far if you can't beat the best teams.

If you make it to a Super Regional, there's a good chance that you are going up against a #1 seed. But "who cares" if we even win one of those games?

Advertisement
Back