For Mark Little - NO Gnome

Miami has strong RPI but finished 4th in the conference and goes 5-5 to end the season.
"WE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN PLACED WITH FLORIDA!!!!"

Florida has STRONGER RPI but finished 5th in the conference.
"SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK!!"

You lie again.

I said I sympathized with them.

Advertisement
I love it. James Bowden goes on a Decade of Destruction leading to a program that doesn't make the post-season, and the big argument is the 2010 bracket.

Once again, I'm right about this and you want to flop around trying to change the subject.

2010 happens to be in your time frame and happens to be a year that you would consider a failure in your "analysis."

I already did the research for you.

20 ACC wins and top 10 in RPI is a national seed 90% of the time.

Somehow, Miami wasn't a national seed and was paired with the #3 national seed themselves while an in-state rival with lesser metrics was matched with a weaker national seed.

You don't want to concede so you whine about other teams.

One of a hundred examples. Boo-fcking-hoo. "WE GOT SCREWED!! WE DON'T WANT TO PLAY FLORIDA ANYMORE!!!"

Other teams were mentioned to point out to you that we weren't some kind of victim in 2010.

We were a victim. Just like those other teams.

I understand that the committee was even worse (if that's possible) in the early 2000s.

But that doesn't change the fact that they were trash in 2010, too.

Jagr:

I have the other guy in the thread ... (Jim Morris' mom) ... on "ignore" so I can only infer what drivel he's spewing. But I agree with you, the issue is trendline. We are (and have been) spiraling downward, and the most remote numbers mask the most recent deficiencies to make things seem better than they are. (or are not, depending upon your semantics)

Advertisement
One of a hundred examples. Boo-fcking-hoo. "WE GOT SCREWED!! WE DON'T WANT TO PLAY FLORIDA ANYMORE!!!"

Again, I'm right and you want to throw a tantrum instead of admitting it.

None of this goes into your analysis. You either win and you're a winner or you lose and you're a loser.

We were a victim. Just like those other teams.

I understand that the committee was even worse (if that's possible) in the early 2000s.

But that doesn't change the fact that they were trash in 2010, too.

So we should play the victim role. Instead of trying to make fewer than 7 errors (!) in game two, we should just complain about the bracket.

Again, I'm right and you want to throw a tantrum instead of admitting it.

None of this goes into your analysis. You either win and you're a winner or you lose and you're a loser.

Or you make nine errors in two games and then eight years later blame the bracket.

Jagr:

I have the other guy in the thread ... (Jim Morris' mom) ... on "ignore" so I can only infer what drivel he's spewing. But I agree with you, the issue is trendline. We are (and have been) spiraling downward, and the most remote numbers mask the most recent deficiencies to make things seem better than they are. (or are not, depending upon your semantics)

Agreed. It has been an obvious downward trend resulting in a program that doesn't make the postseason. His points are things like "the 2010 bracket wasn't fair" and "we had a great RPI in 2016".

Advertisement
No, we should just be mature enough to admit that it was a factor.

You're on jihad, though, so you don't admit anything that's obviously true.

Sorry, but you don't get to play Virginia Commonwealth in the Super Regionals every year. Sometimes you have to go on the road (gasp) and play a tough team. Our response was to make nine errors. That's the mental toughness of a Jim Morris squad.

Agreed. It has been an obvious downward trend resulting in a program that doesn't make the postseason. His points are things like "the 2010 bracket wasn't fair" and "we had a great RPI in 2016".

Because you claim that top 3 RPI teams were "mediocre" then you claim that we only had two good seasons in 10 years (but didn't you just say that 2015-16 were mediocre?).

If you don't think 2015-16 was great or 2010 and 2014 were good then you're not a reasonable person and you can't be trusted to give rational analyses.

Advertisement
Sorry, but you don't get to play Virginia Commonwealth in the Super Regionals every year. Sometimes you have to go on the road (gasp) and play a tough team. Our response was to make nine errors. That's the mental toughness of a Jim Morris squad.

This is what I mean.

Showing what an unreasonable loon you are.

So in a year where we were #1 in the RPI and would've been favored against anybody that won a regional opposite of us, you complain about having an easy opponent.

But at the same time, you dismiss having to play the #3 national seed in 2010.

You're not a rational person.

Because you claim that top 3 RPI teams were "mediocre" then you claim that we only had two good seasons in 10 years (but didn't you just say that 2015-16 were mediocre?).

If you don't think 2015-16 was great or 2010 and 2014 were good then you're not a reasonable person and you can't be trusted to give rational analyses.

We WERE mediocre, as we found out once we didn't get to play a #3 or #4 seed.

This is what I mean.

Showing what an unreasonable loon you are.

So in a year where we were #1 in the RPI and would've been favored against anybody that won a regional opposite of us, you complain about having an easy opponent.

But at the same time, you dismiss having to play the #3 national seed in 2010.

You're not a rational person.

Oh, I'm not complaining about getting an easy opponent. That's the only thing that gives Jim Morris any credibility at all in the past ten years. I'll take additions to the CWS list.

But I'm not going to whine about playing a tough opponent after we blew it in the final three weeks of the regular season. Man up. Good lord. "WE HAD TO PLAY FLORIDA!!!!!"

Why is it all about RPI when you want it to be about RPI, but when RPI doesn't fit your agenda it's about other factors? Very disingenuous.

Advertisement
We WERE mediocre, as we found out once we didn't get to play a #3 or #4 seed.

:zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

So 2015-16 mediocre (but we've only had two good teams in a decade!)

You make no sense.

We played plenty of non-3 or non-4 seeds during the season and fared just fine. In fact, we had 16 wins against the RPI top 25 in 2016.

Miami has a top 3 RPI - "WE WERE GREAT!"

Florida has the #5 RPI - "YEAH BUT LOOK AT THEIR CONFERENCE RECORD"

So transparent.

:zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

So 2015-16 mediocre (but we've only had two good teams in a decade!)

You make no sense.

We played plenty of non-3 or non-4 seeds during the season and fared just fine. In fact, we had 16 wins against the RPI top 25 in 2016.

In other words, we were regular season beasts against the ACC. Sorry, but that doesn't get you anywhere in the postseason, as the ACC shows year after year.

Oh, I'm not complaining about getting an easy opponent. That's the only thing that gives Jim Morris any credibility at all in the past ten years.

But, again, you're assuming that only an "easy" opponent allowed a Jim Morris coached team to reach Omaha.

That's just stupid.

Advertisement
Back