Off-Topic For Canes Twitter Folks...LAZ

Advertisement
I’ve been telling people for a while now that even though crime isn’t necessarily going up that violent crime is. People are slowly losing the respect for life.
Saw some video online today where a guy collapsed on the floor in a gymnasium and no less than 15 kids walked right past the guy offering no assistance. Society is going to ****. Teach your children well as Crosby still and Nash sang.

Not a bad idea honestly. I feel like half the fanbase are lawyers and the other half is in desperate need of one.

Aside from that this sucks and I hope the best and pray for healing for the victim's family. I've interacted with Laz a fair amount on twitter (if you're part of "CanesFam" on social media you probably have too) and I hurt for his crew too. Just such a freaking stupid, avoidable outcome.

One of my best friends growing up had a brother who killed his step brother over a simple conversation that escalated into three rounds into his leg and chest. Blew the step brother's femoral to pieces. Went to prison for manslaughter, lost his wife and career, tore their family to shreds in the blink of an eye. You can't take these things back once they're done.
Agreed and brutal. Just brutal

Advertisement
I ran into him a few times and just chatted before games and so on. Having said that, he did this to himself. There is no doubt that was attempted murder in my mind or at least from what I’m reading anyway. Going for somebody’s neck with an edge and claiming self-defense is a tough sell.

I’m an aminal lover myself, but people have lost all sense of proportion regarding animals and their standing with respect to humans.

They are still animals, and as much as we want to anthropomorphize them, they’re not humans.

We can love them and try to take care of them, but people still come first.

Animals and people are not equal.

This...especially pitbull owners, they sound like gun nuts.

Not a bad idea honestly. I feel like half the fanbase are lawyers and the other half is in desperate need of one.

Aside from that this sucks and I hope the best and pray for healing for the victim's family. I've interacted with Laz a fair amount on twitter (if you're part of "CanesFam" on social media you probably have too) and I hurt for his crew too. Just such a freaking stupid, avoidable outcome.

One of my best friends growing up had a brother who killed his step brother over a simple conversation that escalated into three rounds into his leg and chest. Blew the step brother's femoral to pieces. Went to prison for manslaughter, lost his wife and career, tore their family to shreds in the blink of an eye. You can't take these things back once they're done.

I met Laz several years ago - during the Golden era. We had a beer and sandwich, talked Canes football. He was polite, and very passionate about everything Canes and Miami sports. A real fanatic. Seemed like an OK guy. But you never know, and this seems like two hot heads collided and one person died. Horrible. I feel awful for the deceased and his loved ones.

Nothing warrants physical assault. Walk away, nothing is worth what comes with it.

Advertisement
****, that's crazy. I've seen him on Twitter before and sometimes he was kinda funny but could be over the top with politics. Guilty or not, it's sad a life ended because of something like that.

Advertisement
Uhhhh, no it's not, stats say otherwise, there's a reason that they're outlawed in Dade County.

Not disputing the ban. But the story lies beneath the obvious. American Staffordshire Terriers fall under the Pit Bull umbrella. A powerful, courageous, muscular and incredible pain tolerance. The perfect fighting dog some would say. The preferred breed for those dealings. Puppies are born and quickly sent to places to begin training to become a killer. Once dogs flame out, or are of no use, they are released on neighborhoods.

Damaged dog with no social skills that has been trained to be aggressive and deadly. That is trained. Leading to potential deadly outcomes.

I know plenty of "Pits" that are not that way due to love and proper care from birth. That is the norm. I am a breed owner for 13 years. That is a lot of experience. And I've had 4 different breeds as well. American Staffordshire Terrier is far and away my favorite breed for experienced owners. They are intense and not for a novice owner.

Advertisement
Uhhhh, no it's not, stats say otherwise, there's a reason that they're outlawed in Dade County.
Wrong, pit bulls are routinely rated much lower than other dog breeds that aren’t banned across the world. Chihuahuas, German shepherds, daschunds, Dobermans, Dalmatians, Rottweilers, Jack Russell’s, Siberian Huskies. It’s absolutely about how you raise them.

Laz just killed a man and people are calling him a good guy. He's a terrible person. Planet would be better without him.

I don’t know, I don’t think I’ve heard anybody saying he’s a good guy. Maybe on Twitter? I personally said that the few occasions that I’ve had contact with him he was laid-back but that doesn’t mean squat, my point was you can never really tell about people. Obviously somebody that killed somebody over stray cats or whatever is not going to be a good guy

Wrong, pit bulls are routinely rated much lower than other dog breeds that aren’t banned across the world. Chihuahuas, German shepherds, daschunds, Dobermans, Dalmatians, Rottweilers, Jack Russell’s, Siberian Huskies. It’s absolutely about how you raise them.
Like clockwork. It must just be that basset hound owners are all really good at raising that breed.

Advertisement
Back