Off-Topic For Canes Twitter Folks...LAZ

And he can no longer feed the ducks or whatever the **** wildlife that is flocking to his street.

Laz’s reign as the “Florida Man” Headline King might be coming to an end.

Well I’m no criminal law expert, but based on what’s being written in terms of the evidence that’s available, I’d say he’s going to end up spending most of the rest of his natural life in the joint. Because I’m assuming he’s close to being in his 60s and probably not the picture of health.

Advertisement
Well I’m no criminal law expert, but based on what’s being written in terms of the evidence that’s available, I’d say he’s going to end up spending most of the rest of his natural life in the joint. Because I’m assuming he’s close to being in his 60s and probably not the picture of health.
Pretty sure he’s mid 40s and decent health tbf, but yeah, he’s done.

Pretty sure he’s mid 40s and decent health tbf, but yeah, he’s done.

I really don’t know, I thought it was in his 50s because I’ve seen him around at games, but some people are weird like that you can’t tell their age. Also, I think he may have had bariatric surgery.

Dont forget to factor in the fact that he robbed a bank with a firearm and took a violent-crime felony hit for that, spending a few years indoors in the early 2000's.

Dont forget to factor in the fact that he robbed a bank with a firearm and took a violent-crime felony hit for that, spending a few years indoors in the early 2000's.

Obviously I don’t know how that is factored in, as I am not an expert on criminal justice and incarceration, but if they take that into consideration when they sentence him, and again I don’t know if that’s kosher or not, then yeah he’s cooked.

Advertisement
Obviously I don’t know how that is factored in, as I am not an expert on criminal justice and incarceration, but if they take that into consideration when they sentence him, and again I don’t know if that’s kosher or not, then yeah he’s cooked.
It makes him a repeat offender as a violent criminal. My understanding is sentencing becomes more severe.

lol ok good. A lot of people around here really think he is a good guy

I doubt that. He may have done some good things in between the bank robbery and the murder, but obviously he was a ticking time bomb.

Also, don’t get me wrong I love animals, but some people get crazy over animals. Like their lives are more important than human lives.

Advertisement
It makes him a repeat offender as a violent criminal. My understanding is sentencing becomes more severe.
He will likely not be a Habitual Violent Felony Offender (HFVO). You have to commit an enumerated crime within 5 years of either sentencing, or termination of the sentence adjudicated. So, unless he got out of prison, or finished his community control/probation sentence in the last 5 years it wouldn't apply to him. He will still score more points on his score sheet which will ultimately increase the maximum jail time.

He will likely not be a Habitual Violent Felony Offender (HFVO). You have to commit an enumerated crime within 5 years of either sentencing, or termination of the sentence adjudicated. So, unless he got out of prison, or finished his community control/probation sentence in the last 5 years it wouldn't apply to him. He will still score more points on his score sheet which will ultimately increase the maximum jail time.

This is why I put qualifications on my statements. Not being familiar with the intricacies of the criminal justice system, and sentencing guidelines, which I guess by the way can vary from state to state anyway, I have no way of knowing how that initial bank robbery which happened 15 or 20 years ago would have an impact on this current charge of felony murder if he is found guilty.

Yah, he hated/hates Trump.
1653675614193.jpeg

“Folks, have your heard about this guy Cobbler Fridge? His name is Cutler Ridge Laz, but I call him Cobbler Fridge. Uuuuuuuuugeee loser. One of THE worst bank robbers in the history of bank robbers. I’ve been hearing hearing he’s very disrespectful towards me. Sad! What a low life!”

Advertisement
Sorry, don't check this site often.

Cliffnotes: neighbor got ****y with Laz because he wouldn't stop feeding wild animals on the street. Laz comes out of his yard and approaches the neighbor and the two have a physical altercation. Cops interview two independent witnesses who say Laz was the aggressor. Cops then review Laz's Ring camera footage which shows him approaching the neighbor with a knife hidden behind his back. Laz gave two statements to the cops where he swears he was attacked first. The victim who was going in and out of consciousness told the cops that Laz attacked him before dying at the hospital. So essentially Laz is on video stabbing his neighbor with a concealed knife and killing him.
What an idiot....

Zero sympathy.

Do the crime, gotta do the time.

There is no explanation for how sentences are handed down, but class and race are determining factors based on years of research and text book teachings.

Advertisement
I have an MBA and own my own business(es). So that incompetent or lowly educated would understand my statement was based on "Empirical" data not some political or talking head quack. I beg of you to look up Empirical
Imagine thinking that owning a business, acquiring an MBA, or knowing the definition of "[e]mpirical" in any way addresses the post you quoted. I beg of you, work on comprehension.

Advertisement
Back