For all you guys who can't get over

CaneMonster

Redshirt Freshman
losing Campbell and Surtain. Watch the link. If it's not permitted to post this link on this my apologies in advance.

Go to 8:39 and watch Mark Pope abuse Surtain in camp not once but twice.
Go to 6:31 and watch Ja'Marr Chase on Surtain.
Go to 7:02 and watch Ja'Marr Chase do it again.
Go to 5:50 and watch Tyson Campbell.

4 star Jaiden Woodbey (FSU) and 5 star Tyreke Johnson (OSU) got abuse by multiple players throughout the film.

They're all good players but fellas we will live without Surtain and Campbell. I suppose they gave 5 stars because the scouts are in love with their size. I would be surprise if most of these 6'2" corners end being safeties in college. Only a extremely rare athlete can play CB at that height. I say 6'0" maybe 6'1" is ideal size for the position anything taller than that is extraordinary at the position and rare on any level.
I'm sure they'll be developed into fine players but it's not like we're losing Patrick Johnson (Peterson) here with those two so stop whining.

Also Mark Pope and Amon-Ra St. Brown (USC) are the two best Wrs. going into college football next year. Those guys are basically uncoverable and are going to be a problem for teams next year. Both are smooth and in out of breaks, fluid and gritty for their size.

Lastly, I saw Jordan, Mallory, Hightower, Blades along with Pope on this tape and all are extremely physical at the point of contact. I'm sure it's been stated before but we have a lot of dogs in this class. Richt quietly pulled off a nasty bunch of savages.

Advertisement
The more I watch Hightower the more I love his game. So smooth and a good route runner for a taller receiver and long arms. His first clip where he just pushed the DB back on the snap was great. Pope is electric and a playmaker but is very weak right now. Mallory has tremendous upside as well, he's a receiver in a tight end frame, he'll be scary once he puts weight on.

Ehhh; I saw Jobe get abused regularly w pads on....I wasn’t losing sleep over him. TC was the only one I really cared about, but it is what it is. Once he finds that Mel Tucker scheme hurts him, he’ll regret his decision. So Fla kids will learn sooner or later that u can be just as, if not more successful just staying home

Advertisement
Campbell isn’t physical. Surtain is a bit but Mark Pope is so smooth and way to fast for him. Hightower with spring ball well see what we got but he reminds me of Andre Johnson. Physical smooth and great hands. I truly love this wr class. 2018 and 2019 class of wr’s for the U are going to be remarkable in bringing us back.

Losing the top 2 CBs in the country from our own backyard is a loss.

With that said, it's now the '19 recruiting season. We need to load up at each position - 3 CBs in this class should set us up well going forward.

Campbell isn’t physical. Surtain is a bit but Mark Pope is so smooth and way to fast for him. Hightower with spring ball well see what we got but he reminds me of Andre Johnson. Physical smooth and great hands. I truly love this wr class. 2018 and 2019 class of wr’s for the U are going to be remarkable in bringing us back.
Campbell is definitely physical, watch his junior film

Advertisement
I'm over "losing" both, but it should be said, that in a 1 on 1 situation receivers look better most of the time. Especially with some of these routes and the double moves these WR incorporated. A good corner should win their fair share of course, but playing 7 yards off against a guy like Pope or Elija Moore is merely impossible to cover. Just to put this video into perspective.

Advertisement
The more I watch Hightower the more I love his game. So smooth and a good route runner for a taller receiver and long arms. His first clip where he just pushed the DB back on the snap was great. Pope is electric and a playmaker but is very weak right now. Mallory has tremendous upside as well, he's a receiver in a tight end frame, he'll be scary once he puts weight on.

Yep, he’s a long strider that I like to call sneaky fast. For those that played sports and played against guys like this, you know exactly what I mean. They don’t look like they’re running fast but they come up on you fast and by the time you realize the speed they’re going, they’re way past you. Hightower may not be a blazer but he’s plenty fast and his speed is well disguised which is why you see him often absolutely blowing by guys you know are as fast as he is. Plus he’s very physical.

Looking forward to seeing you post more, apfenny!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back