For all those saying its only April...

Make a list of names Al has flipped that were committed to elite programs before we snagged them. Don't say guys like Moten, who was dropped by Florida before he committed to us

Go.

The guys he's had committed and lost list is much, much longer.

Moten was dropped by Florida?

Some people said/thought when Moten committed to them that he took them off guard, that they weren't sure they wanted him.

I dunno. The whole thread is pretty pointless other than to start yet another recruiting *****fest but whatever. Not that OP is wrong, just not sure why this needs yet another thread devoted to it.

Because 72 hours ago, an out of state program hadn't schooled UM in recruiting by plucking 3 elite talents literally out of the backyard.

If those guys picking Bama surprised you, then you havent been paying attention

Advertisement
Make a list of names Al has flipped that were committed to elite programs before we snagged them. Don't say guys like Moten, who was dropped by Florida before he committed to us

Go.

The guys he's had committed and lost list is much, much longer.

Some people said/thought when Moten committed to them that he took them off guard, that they weren't sure they wanted him.

I dunno. The whole thread is pretty pointless other than to start yet another recruiting *****fest but whatever. Not that OP is wrong, just not sure why this needs yet another thread devoted to it.

Because 72 hours ago, an out of state program hadn't schooled UM in recruiting by plucking 3 elite talents literally out of the backyard.

It doesn't, and thats the ******* problem.

It doesn't, and thats the ******* problem.

No doubt. I think it's sad that I am actually relieved. So ******* tired of hearing about these guys when it was clear they weren't going to be Canes.

That's a self kick in the balls.

Might not have needed it's own thread, but the list is pretty awful even by the most generous of standards. I know you know this stuff already, but I'm pretty rustled right now so I'm mostly just typing this out to hear myself talk and this isn't even really directed at you. I also don't feel like starting another ***** thread so I'll park my *** in here.

Kids Golden flipped in our favor:
Dallas Crawford (Michigan)- took advantage of coaching change
Matt Goudis (Michigan)- took advantage of coaching change
Jalen Grimble (USC)- sucked, transferred to Oregon St.
Thomas Finnie (S. Carolina)- got arrested, no clue where he is now
Kevin Grooms (VT)- Grade casualty, ended up at Marshall
Robert Lockhart (VT)- left team, no clue where he is now
Jawand Blue (VT)
Artie Burns (Bama)
Joseph Yearby(FSU)
Anthony Moten (UF)

Traitors under Golden:
Teddy Bridgewater (He was still in the fold and didn't de-commit until after meeting Al)
Jabari Gorman (UF) -followed Aubrey Hill to UF
Willie Bailey (UF) -followed Aubrey Hill to UF
Keith Brown (L'ville) -?
Levonte Whitfield (FSU) -?
Keith Bryant (FSU) -we got trolled, hard
Alex Collins (Arky) -Woo Pig Suey
Travis Rudolph (FSU) -smh
Travonte Valentine (LSU) -smh
Reilly Gibbons (Stanford) -**** him
Brandon Powell (UF) -smh

I didn't include a grade casualty like Dalvon Stuckey, or someone who appeared to be pushed out late like Nigel Bethel. It also doesn't include guys we didn't seem too hot after that left town like Maquedius Bain or Skai Moore. It also doesn't include the litany of people we lost out on that we thought were going to be ours early on like Matt Thomas, Ermon Lane, Amari Cooper, Jaynard Bostwick, and too many others to count who went elsewhere. That list of players goes on forever and is actually the most damning, which is pretty sad.

ESF has always said (and I think he's dead on), that recruiting is about 2 things; Evaluations and changing minds. Evaluations encompass a lot of things like roster management, whether a player is good enough to be offered, or whether he fits in schematically/grades/personality/culture/whatever. Changing minds comes down to winning over mom and dad, the coach, handler and ultimately the player's opinion on why he shouldn't go school X because those guys are ******s and we the best.

So based on the previous paragraph and the results we've seen under Golden I ask the board this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kZg_ALxEz0

Does Golden deserve a Cadillac El Dorado, a set of steak knives, or to be fired?

Last edited:
Might not have needed it's own thread, but the list is pretty awful even by the most generous of standards. I know you know this stuff already, but I'm pretty rustled right now so I'm mostly just typing this out to hear myself talk and this isn't even really directed at you. I also don't feel like starting another ***** thread so I'll park my *** in here.

Jawand Blue (VT)
Artie Burns (Bama)
Joseph Yearby(FSU)
Anthony Moten (UF)

Traitors under Golden:
Teddy Bridgewater (He was still in the fold and didn't de-commit until after meeting Al)
Keith Brown (L'ville) -?
Brandon Powell (UF) -smh

I didn't include a grade casualty like Dalvon Stuckey, or someone who appeared to be pushed out late like Nigel Bethel. It also doesn't include guys we didn't seem too hot after that left town like Maquedius Bain or Skai Moore. It also doesn't include the litany of people we lost out on that we thought were going to be ours early on like Matt Thomas, Ermon Lane, Amari Cooper, Jaynard Bostwick, and too many others to count who went elsewhere. That list of players goes on forever and is actually the most damning, which is pretty sad.

ESF has always said (and I think he's dead on), that recruiting is about 2 things; Evaluations and changing minds. Evaluations encompass a lot of things like roster management, whether a player is good enough to be offered, or whether he fits in schematically/grades/personality/culture/whatever. Changing minds comes down to winning over mom and dad, the coach, handler and ultimately the player's opinion on why he shouldn't go school X because those guys are ******s and we the best.

So based on the previous paragraph and the results we've seen under Golden I ask the board this...

Does Golden deserve a Cadillac El Dorado, a set of steak knives, or to be fired?

FIRED!

Recruiting will fall off if there is anything less than a 10-win season and an appearance in the ACCCG. Wil be headed into year 5, 4th REAL recruiting class. How can you keep saying "we're getting better" if all you have to hang your hat on is being mediocre as opposed to being downright embarrassing?

Advertisement
I dunno. The whole thread is pretty pointless other than to start yet another recruiting ****fest but whatever. Not that OP is wrong, just not sure why this needs yet another thread devoted to it.
Might not have needed it's own thread, but the list is pretty awful even by the most generous of standards. I know you know this stuff already, but I'm pretty rustled right now so I'm mostly just typing this out to hear myself talk and this isn't even really directed at you. I also don't feel like starting another **** thread so I'll park my *** in here.

Jawand Blue (VT)
Artie Burns (Bama)
Joseph Yearby(FSU)
Anthony Moten (UF)

Traitors under Golden:
Keith Brown (L'ville) -?
Brandon Powell (UF) -smh

a set of steak knives because he's continues to come in second for elite recruits

sad-to-omg.gif

Really hope Golden can convince these two to be leaders and help change a program with an immidiate impact as opposed to going to Bama and essentially having guaranteed success. **** me I don't even know what to say this sucks. We need these two studs badly

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back