For all the people who claim Mario changed the offense just watch this

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario hired him, just like he hired Gattis. He is not a passive victim here, he wanted this scheme here, he took his time and hand chose it with a blank check to pick anyone he wanted. Offense has been terrible both seasons. Stop coppin pleas for Mario like he doesnt know whats goin on like a damsel in distress

Mario hired him, just like he hired Gattis. He is not a passive victim here, he wanted this scheme here, he took his time and hand chose it with a blank check to pick anyone he wanted. Offense has been terrible both seasons. Stop coppin pleas for Mario like he doesnt know whats goin on like a damsel in distress
Of course he isn't a victim and for the record i wanted hugh freeze not mario but people act like Dawson’s playcalling was drastically different at Houston and its just not the case. But in the end it falls on Mario for hiring him no doubt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I've been biting my tongue for weeks on this and I alluded to this after the *** and m dub u....

In my observation, the only thing that has changed is the atmospherics just returned to the mean.

Our Canes had just about every microsecond offensive pass play go their way in the AtM game.

Since?

Virtually nada because no one is wide open like we see with other teams.

- Clemson game...Colbie's come back leap of faith catch 4Q
- FSU game...Young's "holy **** I caught it between 2 defenders I guess I run for a TD"

Other than X's insane Cirque de Soliel grabs against aTm, Miami is basically 0-1,000 in low percentage completions, basically not taking advantage of the rare wide open WR/TE, and TVD's INT gifts have led to disaster.

Contrast with Miami's run game that has produced more than a few gashing holes and good runs.

So either Miami needs to somehow/someway get the ball to open WR/TEs or get Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady laser accuracy on roster for next season.

I honestly don't care about pointing fingers anymore... We know there's a issue... That's the point.... Mario has to fix it . That's his job...
He moves slow. Very little in season change. Offseason he changes lots.

Advertisement
I've been biting my tongue for weeks on this and I alluded to this after the *** and m dub u....

In my observation, the only thing that has changed is the atmospherics just returned to the mean.

Our Canes had just about every microsecond offensive pass play go their way in the AtM game.

Since?

- FSU game...Young's "holy **** I caught it between 2 defenders I guess I run for a TD"

Other than X's insane Cirque de Soliel grabs against aTm, Miami is basically 0-1,000 in low percentage completions, basically not taking advantage of the rare wide open WR/TE, and TVD's INT gifts have led to disaster.

Contrast with Miami's run game that has produced more than a few gashing holes and good runs.

So either Miami needs to somehow/someway get the ball to open WR/TEs or get Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady laser accuracy on roster for next season.

George’s holy **** I caught it between 2 defenders. @Dr.L.ThugU would be proud.

I just can’t wrap my head around the ATM gameplan and what we’ve seen the last few weeks.
Exactly. The offensive style and gameplanning over the past few games is not the same as the first 4. It makes no sense that Dawson slowed the game down so much and started using the bunch formation as a standard part of his strategy. NC State was probably the worst. It was one of the slowest-moving, methodical offensive game plans I've seen im years.

Since?

great points and observations, but i'd argue Penix for the most part has his receivers having to make some extraordinary catches as well. Although, to your point, no free roaming receivers, ever, is a freaking killer. Our receivers just seem a step too slow. Some plays from that AtM game like the colby cross, or bootleg for a td, where tf did those plays go??

Advertisement
You guys need to understand that when Mario is interviewing potential OC candidates, he's letting them know what type of offense he wants to run. Anyone making it passed the initial conversation knows the deal. ****, we heard Dawson talk about how he wants to run the ball and be physical all during the off season.

Exactly. The offensive style and gameplanning over the past few games is not the same as the first 4. It makes no sense that Dawson slowed the game down so much and started using the bunch formation as a standard part of his strategy. NC State was probably the worst. It was one of the slowest-moving, methodical offensive game plans I've seen im years.
Honestly that was one of the worst football games I’ve ever watched. It was maddening.

I just can’t wrap my head around the ATM gameplan and what we’ve seen the last few weeks.
Its a illusion brother...go back and watch it and tell me if you see anything creative going on besides the Jacoby George play on the goal line. Fun fact from pro football focus, we threw more passes of 20 yards or more thought the air in the Georgia tech game than we did in the a&m game....4 to 3.

I only watched the first minute or so but I didn't see a run on every first down. I didn't see the same run up the middle when they did run. I didn't see the amazing slow developing shotgun run plays. I didn't see back to back to back runs.

That didn't look at all like our offense.

Advertisement
Back