For all the Flagg haters, He looked quick enough to me

Advertisement

Carnage for sure.

The burst though from Trey Sanders there once he decides he's running outside is insanity. Say what you will, I'm glad he's doing well after all the injuries he received in that car accident.

Sigh

We gave up 160 rushing and a billion passing yards and you crowning him????
Crowning him….? More like saying that he’s not worthless and adds to our D despite whatever physical shortcomings that have been made much of on CIS.

Advertisement

Is that supposed to be a dig on Flagg? Without knowing what defense is called, how would you know he missed his assignment? There was a runner coming across the formation who he followed. If that was his guy, he went in the right direction. Maybe he got fooled by the eye candy. Impossible to say without knowing the call or assignments. To me the much bigger problem is that if you have 3 down linemen going against 5, the front 3 have to get penetration to disrupt the play (which is the core tenet for Diazs D and the 4-3 in general). Both 33, 91, and 1 all got double teamed. 91 has a tough assignment, but that's the NTs job. It's exquisite offensive blocking though, the guard helps the center with one arm to give him just enough momentum to turn 91, then the guard pancakes #1. You will see that 91 actually holds his ground initially with the center at the snap so he wasn't overpowered by a single Bama OL, it's only the G shoves him in the combo block that he gives ground. 5 goes to the right spot to stop the cutback but the OT wraps his arm around him for a blatant hold (looks like the OT has a handful of jersey, you can see 5 trying to push him off but he can't since he's being held).

20210908_202431.jpg

Last edited:
The refs refused to make the calls, there was holding on the 94 yard touchdown that would’ve resulted in a safety if called!
I KNOW! You hate to even mention it because people immediately jump to, "AAHHHH You're making excuses!!" But, the truth is, there were 2 TD's that were gifts from the refs and that was one of the them. The other one was one of King's INT's - there was clear and undeniable pass interference and instead of calling it, they just let the INT happen. Again, it's not why we lost, but it is a part of the reason we lost so badly. You take even one of those away and the loss isn't as bad.

Advertisement
Flagg played better than I expected him to. To those saying he only had two tackles, Henry TooToo had one solo tackle.

He looked somewhat quicker, but it's never good when your secondary leads in tackles. Flagg had 2 solos and 1 assist. We deserve better than that at MLB.
Check Mannys defense....the safety routinely leads the team in tackles. Thats the key position....linebackers are just like how he recruits them...an insignificant part of his defense.

Check Mannys defense....the safety routinely leads the team in tackles. Thats the key position....linebackers are just like how he recruits them...an insignificant part of his defense.

Faulty. We can't rely on Safeties to make tackles against run-heavy teams. I'm tired of this Prevent defense.

Advertisement
People on here, dont seem to know when talent is a problem and when its coaching. When you face LSU, Clemson twice, UNC, Bama, Ok st(came back) and other and those games are over by the 2nd quarter starts, thats not talent. Bama had the ball 37 minutes, we allowed 3.9 yards per rush. Doesnt sound like a team physically overmatched to me. If King doesn't get the offense going and making better reads against lesser competition than Bama it may be time to try TVD. Our offense can be like UNC last season or better. I hope the coaches get critical of themselves first and then every player afterwards
Lashlee was running the ball with Cam Harris right into 5 first rounders. He stinks. The offense won’t look good with anybody under center.

Advertisement
You and those like you are ignoramus'. Replay breakdown evidence is all around you. It clearly displays King operated very efficiently and effectively during those rare moments when he wasn't being harassed and harmed by a porous and lethargic OL. Yet you continue to spread your bile on this site.
I was in no means trying to say King is horrible. I disagree. I think he’s the best we’ve had in a long time and he a warrior out there some nights. All I meant is he seems to make some bad reads with rpo and misses open receivers a lot. Not with accuracy but with reads.
I agree with you it’s not his fault entirely. The OL and play calling are also factors.

He was taking some very bad angles maybe just bad reads on his part! But for basically a freshman I’m on the hype train. He will only get better

Advertisement
Back