For all the Flagg haters, He looked quick enough to me

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
I could see him play well last year and everyone kept picking on him because he wasn't lighting fast. He looked plenty fast against the best team in the country. I think we've got MLB on lock down for this year and two more. As long as he continues to refine his body, he can play himself into an ALL ACC player.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What was his stat line? He looks like another in the line of almost players, he will almost make plays but not get the sack, int, tackle to stop td.. nobody plays well when you get blown the **** out..

Advertisement
People on here, dont seem to know when talent is a problem and when its coaching. When you face LSU, Clemson twice, UNC, Bama, Ok st(came back) and other and those games are over by the 2nd quarter starts, thats not talent. Bama had the ball 37 minutes, we allowed 3.9 yards per rush. Doesnt sound like a team physically overmatched to me. If King doesn't get the offense going and making better reads against lesser competition than Bama it may be time to try TVD. Our offense can be like UNC last season or better. I hope the coaches get critical of themselves first and then every player afterwards

iq is there but not only is he beyond limited athletically and size wise. But he’s a step or two too late getting out of his stance on a play by play basis. If he can start to play faster mentally he will be serviceable against every none elite team we face

Oh how far we've fallen

The team has fallen because some posters are excited that a borderline 2/3 star prospect looks like he improved significantly in the offseason?

I remember the peanut gallery saying the same thing when only a handful of posters (me and maybe one or two others) were saying that it wasn't fair to judge Zion Nelson based on a season where he should have taken a RS. The kneejerk posters (that would be 99% of the board) decided after one season that he was a waste of a scholarship. "Oh how far we've fallen to recruit and develop a 2 star prospect."

The team has fallen because some posters are excited that a borderline 2/3 star prospect looks like he improved significantly in the offseason?

I remember the peanut gallery saying the same thing when only a handful of posters (me and maybe one or two others) were saying that it wasn't fair to judge Zion Nelson based on a season where he should have taken a RS. The kneejerk posters (that would be 99% of the board) decided after one season that he was a waste of a scholarship. "Oh how far we've fallen to recruit and develop a 2 star prospect."
LOL at improved significantly. Just because he doesn't run past the ball carrier to crash into an OL like Jennings or run away from the play like McCloud doesn't mean this dude is some stud. Miami used to have the best LBs in the nation year after year. Forget the all-americans, somebody like Rohan Marley is 1,000 times better than Flagg will ever be. I don't mean to hate on the kid but ****.

Advertisement
LOL at improved significantly. Just because he doesn't run past the ball carrier to crash into an OL like Jennings or run away from the play like McCloud doesn't mean this dude is some stud. Miami used to have the best LBs in the nation year after year. Forget the all-americans, somebody like Rohan Marley is 1,000 times better than Flagg will ever be.

It looks like he has improved significantly from last year and he performed decently against the best team in the country. That doesn't mean he's suddenly an All-American or would be a starter at Bama. I don't think you understand the concept of player development.

Flagg would be a great #2 MLB on the depth chart, but we can do a lot better in the starting line up. The problem is no quality linebackers want to play in this gimmicky defense bc it’s a terrible scheme to play in for linebackers.
Bro Vilma was backing up Dan Morgan, lol.. this dude no one would know his name, he would be a scout team guy.. man this **** is really sad..

Advertisement
TWO freakin tackles and guys are having circle jerks.. How far we have fallen.. My dude dan morgan used to have two tackles by the first play! WTF is going on around here?!

Did you just say Dan Morgan would record two tackles on a single play? Wow, that's some incredible LB skills.

It looks like he has improved significantly from last year and he performed decently against the best team in the country. That doesn't mean he's suddenly an All-American or would be a starter at Bama. I don't think you understand the concept of player development.
I don't understand that concept anymore, I'm a Miami fan.

People on here, dont seem to know when talent is a problem and when its coaching. When you face LSU, Clemson twice, UNC, Bama, Ok st(came back) and other and those games are over by the 2nd quarter starts, thats not talent. Bama had the ball 37 minutes, we allowed 3.9 yards per rush. Doesnt sound like a team physically overmatched to me. If King doesn't get the offense going and making better reads against lesser competition than Bama it may be time to try TVD. Our offense can be like UNC last season or better. I hope the coaches get critical of themselves first and then every player afterwards
100% agree with everything you wrote!

Advertisement
Back