For all of you from Miami non-Phins fans...

Advertisement
I wish on Simmons, but would be shocked if the Broncos don't franchise tag him. I see us drafting a Safety. No idea where, obviously. I think your comment on spending big $ on 2 CBs and a Safety is spot on.

I'm not big on their FA predictions, either. Especially on expensive RBs. I think the Phins genuinely believed they'd get Dobbins last year. Ravens probably surprised them. Hopefully, DT Davis works out for us. Anyway, have you seen this year's crop? It's not amazing. We get to see 2 of the top 10 ranked RB prospects this weekend in the UNC kids. Najee Harris has sorta grown on me, but we'll see. Maybe there is a sleeper there. Gotta watch more.

I think Parsons is extremely versatile and can fit in with what we do mainly because it seems like he can do a bit of everything. I actually asked our board LB guru to take a look at his tape and looking forward to that feedback (@HighSeas). I've maybe watched Parsons play 2 times ever. I hate PSU. I'll watch more going into draft. The Bama LB, Moses, is another dude I can see Flores foaming at the mouth over.
Yeah I'll get on that.

But I do have plenty of RB takes. I think the public is underrating this crop big time.

Najee Harris is a no-brainer. Runs gap and zone effectively, great receiver, big and durable. He's not explosive but his agility is very sudden. He's better than LeVeon Bell imo.

I'm a Kylin Hill fan. He checks all the boxes like James Robinson but has more explosion to him.

Gainwell would be a good fit with his versatile receiving skills. He's on the smaller side but is a good gap-scheme runner. He's in the same mold as Gaskin and Ahmed just way more talented.

Jaret Patterson is like a faster Ray Rice (minus the womanbeating) or more powerful CEH. Total stud.

Zamir White isn't putting up huge numbers but he's improved a lot. Has great burst and he can bang downhill.

Chuba Hubbard is having a down year but he's actually grown on me with his improved footwork and vision. He may have lost half a step though. He can be an ok starter like Melvin Gordon.

Last guy who intrigues me is Rhamondre Stevenson with his size+burst combo. I haven't seen as much of him though.

I'm lower on Javonte Williams and Etienne than consensus but they have their strengths. Then there are some role guys I like a lot like Trey Ragas, Borghi and Michael Carter. Plus a few guys I haven't gotten to yet like Ibrahim, Hawkins and Jermar Jefferson.

JAG territory: Khalil Herbert, Kennedy Brooks, CJ Verdell.

I'm not a big Etienne guy (relative to his draft position). He has a much better shot now that he's improved his receiving, but he's an upright, non-elusive runner that is going to take a ton of big hits. He benefits from having clear runways that allow his straight-line speed to play up. Better collegian than pro IMO. By no means will he suck, but I don't love the value where he's projected.

Agree with @HighSeas on Najee Harris. LeVeon Bell is the natural comparison. I like his running style on the Dolphins, where he can be patient and let the big boys move people.

I'm not a big Etienne guy (relative to his draft position). He has a much better shot now that he's improved his receiving, but he's an upright, non-elusive runner that is going to take a ton of big hits. He benefits from having clear runways that allow his straight-line speed to play up. Better collegian than pro IMO. By no means will he suck, but I don't love the value where he's projected.

Agree with @HighSeas on Najee Harris. LeVeon Bell is the natural comparison. I like his running style on the Dolphins, where he can be patient and let the big boys move people.
YES! I swear you're the only other person I've seen with this take. Felt like I was going insane being alone on that island.

He's being compared to Kamara but Kamara has rare flexibility/body control to reduce his frame on contact, slip through tiny creases, etc. Etienne is a bow-legged and linear athlete. His acceleration surprises a lot of college defenders and he beats angles or runs through weak arm tackles and now the draft/dynasty community thinks he's this powerful elusive tacklebreaker. I just don't see it.

I agree he can be a weapon in the pass game with his speed and newfound comfort doing it but he's not a route runner like Kamara or Gainwell. Kinda reminds me of all the hype for Miles Sanders as a receiver after he caught some wheel routes as a rookie...now he's one of the worst receiving backs in the league and drops everything.

Fins are way ahead of schedule. We’re winning with 0 elite skill position players. I’d take only Giseicki next year on offense.
Flores is clearly a coach players love and would run through a brick wall.
for Tua how about we draft Ettienne and Waddle.

Advertisement
YES! I swear you're the only other person I've seen with this take. Felt like I was going insane being alone on that island.

He's being compared to Kamara but Kamara has rare flexibility/body control to reduce his frame on contact, slip through tiny creases, etc. Etienne is a bow-legged and linear athlete. His acceleration surprises a lot of college defenders and he beats angles or runs through weak arm tackles and now the draft/dynasty community thinks he's this powerful elusive tacklebreaker. I just don't see it.

I agree he can be a weapon in the pass game with his speed and newfound comfort doing it but he's not a route runner like Kamara or Gainwell. Kinda reminds me of all the hype for Miles Sanders as a receiver after he caught some wheel routes as a rookie...now he's one of the worst receiving backs in the league and drops everything.
Nah, I'm with both of you on this one. I've spoken to D$ about it off the board. I was actually harsher on him going into the 2020 draft. I don't see the Alvin Kamara comparisons in anything other than Etienne catches the ball in space and makes plays. But, do they translate? Does Etienne have the same contact balance? Like D$, I'm not one to say he'll completely bust out or anything, but just haven't liked his value as the "clear cut #1 back." Didn't like it last year especially (when I thought he would logically go pro).

As for Najee, I think I saw someone compare him to Matt Forte somewhere and I thought that made sense. He glides. Leveon Bell was far more herky jerky in his style, but I get why you guys are comparing a long, patient pass-catching back to Bell.

I saw UNC has two RBs listed in the top 10. When we play them this Saturday, I'll be more fearful of #8 than the higher ranked one. Not sure how either will translate to the NFL, but there'll be a place for them. Like I said above, I don't think this is an amazing RB class. It's not bottom of the barrel. It's just whatever unless someone surprises. I liked Dobbins' value a lot more last year.

Hard not to root for and like Brian Flores. He will be one of the few black HC coaches left in the league after this season too. Anthony Lynn is about to get fired for the LA Chargers. So that leaves Flores and Tomlin? And I think Flores can be another Mike Tomlin as crazy as it sounds. All he needs to do is find him an OC. (Chan Gailey is horrible) That defense is already elite.

Advertisement
Nah, I'm with both of you on this one. I've spoken to D$ about it off the board. I was actually harsher on him going into the 2020 draft. I don't see the Alvin Kamara comparisons in anything other than Etienne catches the ball in space and makes plays. But, do they translate? Does Etienne have the same contact balance? Like D$, I'm not one to say he'll completely bust out or anything, but just haven't liked his value as the "clear cut #1 back." Didn't like it last year especially (when I thought he would logically go pro).

As for Najee, I think I saw someone compare him to Matt Forte somewhere and I thought that made sense. He glides. Leveon Bell was far more herky jerky in his style, but I get why you guys are comparing a long, patient pass-catching back to Bell.

I saw UNC has two RBs listed in the top 10. When we play them this Saturday, I'll be more fearful of #8 than the higher ranked one. Not sure how either will translate to the NFL, but there'll be a place for them. Like I said above, I don't think this is an amazing RB class. It's not bottom of the barrel. It's just whatever unless someone surprises. I liked Dobbins' value a lot more last year.
I agree about Dobbins. He was the best back in last year's class and I've seen nothing to change my mind. Still I listed a handful of guys who aren't far behind him, in my opinion.

I agree about Carter vs. Williams on UNC. Williams has some heft and is a capable receiver but his traits look ordinary to me. When he gets a head of steam downhill he's tough to tackle, at least in college. Carter has more burst, more wiggle and more receiving skills. Should be a nice 3rd down back in the NFL. Both present problems within UNC's scheme with their misdirection and RPOs putting 2nd-level defenders in a bind, along with some diverse blocking schemes.

dolphins have way to many holes still to draft an RB early. I'm thinking parsons and a WR would be the first round. RB's in the NFL are a dime a dozen and are always hurt. most are just a shell of themselves after 2-3 years

Very excited (finally) for the Phins, been a fan since 83. It's been a long rough haul. As stated, offense needs a talent infusion this draft and D needs a few pieces. Trending up for sure...lets have a great 2021 draft and change to those late 60s uniforms.

Agree on Carter versus Williams. He has more burst.

Their receivers are the real deal. #2 Brown isn’t getting a lot of hype but he is an NFL body with track speed and production.

Advertisement
What happened that he was so ****ed about that a Cincy player is stepping in front of him and who is he yelling at?
He was furious that the Bengals hit J. Grant the SECOND time while receiving a punt before actually catching the ball. Flores thought it was dirty. Looked like he was pointing at and walking towards either Zac Taylor (Bengals’ HC) or Darrin Simmons (Bengals’ ST coach). Flores was hot

Screenshot_20201207-162034_Instagram.jpg

Advertisement
be ashamed of yourselves.
I am ashamed; That I hung with them for the 15 years they had Danny Boy and only got him to one SB, then doubled down for another 15 years before I had enough of that front office.

I'm ashamed I have to apologize to my three sons, now grown *** men that I made them Dolphin Fans before they had a chance to choose on their own.

Scan.jpg

I am ashamed; That I hung with them for the 15 years they had Danny Boy and only got him to one SB, then doubled down for another 15 years before I had enough of that front office.

I'm ashamed I have to apologize to my three sons, now grown *** men that I made them Dolphin Fans before they had a chance to choose on their own.

View attachment 137078
Never be a bandwagon jumper, Danny boy would be the first to tell you that.

Advertisement
Back