For all of you from Miami non-Phins fans...

Advertisement
Handful of things working against them on offense right now. Tua's figuring out how to manage much smaller windows in the NFL. Thought it'd be an issue and turns out it is for now. He's accurate and seemingly focused, so hopeful he'll work through it. His anticipation still needs to improve. He's not throwing many guys open right now.

Now, with all that, it doesn't help his OC is minimally creative. It further doesn't help the offense needs an infusion of talent and speed. The windows will at least be reasonably larger when we get a few guys who can separate. Overall, nothing to be upset about. I think they're ahead of schedule. The 3 rookie OL provide some level of excitement, I think. Sucked to see Flowers go down.

Root for Houston to lose. We need those two picks (R1, R2) to be as high as possible. Going to be an incredibly important draft.
So Ettiene and Waddle would help.

So Ettiene and Waddle would help.
Yeah, I think players like them would help a ton. I'm a supporter of value picks and avoiding too much focus on need. "Fortunately," we still have half a dozen positions of "need." RB, WR (2x), Edge, C (Karras is on a 1-year deal), LB, S. We'll see where the picks end up.

Bit early in the draft talk, but might be tough for them to pass up a defender like Micah Parsons. We'll likely have 4 picks in the Top 50. The Safety class also has 2-3 guys who might end up presenting great value. A guy like Paris Ford is a helluva fit for Flores' style. I wish this year's RB class were deeper. Also wish there were more depth at EDGE in '21. I don't think we'll draft high enough to grab either of the top two EDGE prospects.

Also should consider how this list plays a role: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-ranking-the-nfls-top-50-free-agents. For example, they predict the Phins will sign WR Allen Robinson and RB Aaron Jones in free agency.

Yeah, I think players like them would help a ton. I'm a supporter of value picks and avoiding too much focus on need. "Fortunately," we still have half a dozen positions of "need." RB, WR (2x), Edge, C (Karras is on a 1-year deal), LB, S. We'll see where the picks end up.

Bit early in the draft talk, but might be tough for them to pass up a defender like Micah Parsons. We'll likely have 4 picks in the Top 50. The Safety class also has 2-3 guys who might end up presenting great value. A guy like Paris Ford is a helluva fit for Flores' style. I wish this year's RB class were deeper. Also wish there were more depth at EDGE in '21. I don't think we'll draft high enough to grab either of the top two EDGE prospects.

Also should consider how this list plays a role: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-ranking-the-nfls-top-50-free-agents. For example, they predict the Phins will sign WR Allen Robinson and RB Aaron Jones in free agency.
FA defense is Justin Simmons or bust for the Dolphins. But I don’t see them spending big $$ on two corners, and a S.

I’m not a big Aaron Jones fans as well as signing expensive RBs on free agency. Miami passed on a lot of talented RBs on the previous draft. They definitely have to address the backfield this off-season.

Im with you on Parsons in saying he’s talented. But how do you think he fits with this defense? I just don’t see him fitting in. You?

Advertisement
Advertisement
What happened that he was so ****ed about that a Cincy player is stepping in front of him and who is he yelling at?
It was on a punt return. Grant was standing waiting to catch it and a Cincy player just plowed right through him before the ball got there. It was the second time it happened but this one wasn't even close. The bench cleared and it ended with 2 Fins ejected and 1 Bungal.

Advertisement
Been a Phin since day one. Been a rough go of it for a while now. Flores seems to have the team headed in a good direction. Obviously, time will tell.

Advertisement
FA defense is Justin Simmons or bust for the Dolphins. But I don’t see them spending big $$ on two corners, and a S.

I’m not a big Aaron Jones fans as well as signing expensive RBs on free agency. Miami passed on a lot of talented RBs on the previous draft. They definitely have to address the backfield this off-season.

Im with you on Parsons in saying he’s talented. But how do you think he fits with this defense? I just don’t see him fitting in. You?
I wish on Simmons, but would be shocked if the Broncos don't franchise tag him. I see us drafting a Safety. No idea where, obviously. I think your comment on spending big $ on 2 CBs and a Safety is spot on.

I'm not big on their FA predictions, either. Especially on expensive RBs. I think the Phins genuinely believed they'd get Dobbins last year. Ravens probably surprised them. Hopefully, DT Davis works out for us. Anyway, have you seen this year's crop? It's not amazing. We get to see 2 of the top 10 ranked RB prospects this weekend in the UNC kids. Najee Harris has sorta grown on me, but we'll see. Maybe there is a sleeper there. Gotta watch more.

I think Parsons is extremely versatile and can fit in with what we do mainly because it seems like he can do a bit of everything. I actually asked our board LB guru to take a look at his tape and looking forward to that feedback (@HighSeas). I've maybe watched Parsons play 2 times ever. I hate PSU. I'll watch more going into draft. The Bama LB, Moses, is another dude I can see Flores foaming at the mouth over.

be ashamed of yourselves. As a life long Canes and Phins fans from Miami, my pro team today (and their bad *** head coach) dropped their nuts finally and decided to get ****ed off about something. Sure, it was the Bengals, but I bet Flores had some damage on his mind...😜
Fans that are more obsessed with other fans than the actual team....can't explain that.

Advertisement
Back