FOOTBALL SEASON CHANCES

Why do have to inject name calling and ignorance into a conversation about differing view on an unknown phenomenon?
Whether you truly are or not, at least try to act like an adult and show some maturity beyond your basic instincts.
One last thing, God doesn’t reward ignorance.
Well if god doesn’t reward ignorance then he sure is **** ain’t gonna reward you as you stay locked in your house curled up in fear from something that is about the same deadliness as the yearly flu and less deadly then swine flu was In 2009. But All the while continuing to not think twice about getting into car and driving anywhere you want to go seeing as how car accidents kill like 1.25 million people every year. Smh but do continue on with your corona fear mongering CNN doom and gloom Shtick sir. Smh so get back to me when you decide to give up your car and walk/bike everywhere sport, oh wait, NVM because that’s deadly too as they get run over by those same people driving cars. Best just stay locked in your house forever until you can’t pay your mortgage anymore and they take it from you. Smh

Advertisement
Ticket revenue was 39.1 million at Alabama last season. Again, running an athletic department without 39.1 million in revenue is going to be a non-starter for the schools. They need full stadiums or it doesn't work.
There are still costs associated with running an athletic department even if they don't play any games. They still have to pay everyone's salary. They still have to pay for housing, food, equipment, tuition, etc for all the student athletes. They still have to pay any costs associated with stadium financing and insurance. It's not like if they don't play games, these costs won't exist. Now they can eat the 39 million ticket revenue and salvage some kind of revenue from TV, sponsors, donors, etc. Or they can make $0 in revenue and just eat the entire cost of running an athletic department.

College football is more powerful than any politician, including Trump.

Unless people start dropping dead in the stands, its going to happen.
I want college sports back and football in particular just like everyone else, but I disagree on fans attending. I have a son in college and a nephew that will be a freshman this year both at P5 schools. I don't want them attending sporting events.

First of all, we live in a new reality. We don't have a vaccine and people are acting like the virus is dead. Watching tv seeing foolish people not wearing masks as they rush to congregate together pre Covid-19. People are jeopardizing all the gains we've made. We are not even prepared to reopen though many states have. And those that did open, NONE followed the federal guidelines for reopening.

Secondly, Getting PPE is still a problem. It's not readily available. We don't have US manufacturing in place. Testing is still a problem. Not enough of it and the supply chain is still an issue.

Lastly, We have 1.5 million Covid-19 cases in 4 month while we were shut down for 2 of them. So, from my point of view, all we're doing moving forward is giving the virus a head start for a new wave of outbreaks. Instead of starting at zero, the virus is starting with hundreds of thousands of new active cases for the next wave. We've done little to prevent the next wave. How are states going to stop the next wave? People are not wearing masks. Massive testing in place? NO. Limited testing equals low contact tracing if it's in place at all? Limited contract tracing means limited isolation resulting in exponential virus outbreaks.

States can order no fans. Even if they did allow fans, Universities can say no.

I think the decision on college fans won't come for a few months as we see how the country is doing after reopening the economy. I'm just not optimistic that fans will be allowed in the stands. We be lucky to have college sports at all this year. The way I look at it is getting some money (tv) is better than no money.

We could have some normality if our citizens and our government got their **** together and do the things necessary to have that normality.

I want college sports back and football in particular just like everyone else, but I disagree on fans attending. I have a son in college and a nephew that will be a freshman this year both at P5 schools. I don't want them attending sporting events.

First of all, we live in a new reality. We don't have a vaccine and people are acting like the virus is dead. Watching tv seeing foolish people not wearing masks as they rush to congregate together pre Covid-19. People are jeopardizing all the gains we've made. We are not even prepared to reopen though many states have. And those that did open, NONE followed the federal guidelines for reopening.

Secondly, Getting PPE is still a problem. It's not readily available. We don't have US manufacturing in place. Testing is still a problem. Not enough of it and the supply chain is still an issue.

Lastly, We have 1.5 million Covid-19 cases in 4 month while we were shut down for 2 of them. So, from my point of view, all we're doing moving forward is giving the virus a head start for a new wave of outbreaks. Instead of starting at zero, the virus is starting with hundreds of thousands of new active cases for the next wave. We've done little to prevent the next wave. How are states going to stop the next wave? People are not wearing masks. Massive testing in place? NO. Limited testing equals low contact tracing if it's in place at all? Limited contract tracing means limited isolation resulting in exponential virus outbreaks.

States can order no fans. Even if they did allow fans, Universities can say no.

I think the decision on college fans won't come for a few months as we see how the country is doing after reopening the economy. I'm just not optimistic that fans will be allowed in the stands. We be lucky to have college sports at all this year. The way I look at it is getting some money (tv) is better than no money.

We could have some normality if our citizens and our government got their **** together and do the things necessary to have that normality.

You are a walking talking fountain of misinformation, irrational fear and completely fabricated talking points.

Advertisement
Well if god doesn’t reward ignorance then he sure is **** ain’t gonna reward you as you stay locked in your house curled up in fear from something that is about the same deadliness as the yearly flu and less deadly then swine flu was In 2009. But All the while continuing to not think twice about getting into car and driving anywhere you want to go seeing as how car accidents kill like 1.25 million people every year. Smh but do continue on with your corona fear mongering CNN doom and gloom Shtick sir. Smh so get back to me when you decide to give up your car and walk/bike everywhere sport, oh wait, NVM because that’s deadly too as they get run over by those same people driving cars. Best just stay locked in your house forever until you can’t pay your mortgage anymore and they take it from you. Smh
Here is the problem with your statement. I go to my office 4-5 days a week. And I continue to make money and my business has profited during the pandemic. I also go to the bank and grocery store weekly. And I workout 4 days a week at my local 24 hour Snap fitness. So this isn’t about staying in the home. But it is about what we all consider acceptable/unacceptable risks. And that is different for everyone. For me, the risks I take are minimal as I don’t encounter strangers in close proximity. To me, and to a lot of others, a large gathering close to a lot of strangers where people are screaming and necessarily transmitting something (maybe nothing if not sick), is an unacceptable risk.

i should not have used the phrase “who in their right mind” because everyone’s definition of an acceptable risk is different. Hence some people sky dive and others don’t. But in my mind, a large sports gathering is beyond the risk I am willing to take. If it works for you then be my guest and I hope you are correct so we can all return to a more normal world in short order.

Advertisement
Yes, the loss of ticket sales would hurt. But because everyone would be watching on TV, I expect TV revenues could increase for teams. If the networks were faced with paying schools more or having no games at on TV at all, there’s a chance something could be worked out.

Plus, there may be some fans in the stadium. It’s too early to know, but proposals have been floated to seat a partial stadium. So I don’t want to hear about the economics, it’s much worse for the players and owners and everyone employed by the teams to have no season and it’s not really debatable.

The revenues for the individual schools and conferences are not directly related to viewership, if I understand correctly. These are predetermined contractual payments.

The revenues for the individual schools and conferences are not directly related to viewership, if I understand correctly. These are predetermined contractual payments.
Correct. The TV money is from a pre negotiated contract. They make the same amount of money if 5 people or 5 million people tune in.

You are correct. But viewership is expected to increase, which is tied to advertising revenues. So I’m saying rather than be too greedy, it behooves all sides to find some middle ground. They will. There’s too much money at stake. We’ve seen what a lost season looks like for sports back in ‘94 with MLB. It took years for MLB to get back to where it was.

I don’t see how having no season helps the TV networks, owners/schools, or players.

You are correct. But viewership is expected to increase, which is tied to advertising revenues. So I’m saying rather than be too greedy, it behooves all sides to find some middle ground. They will. There’s too much money at stake. We’ve seen what a lost season looks like for sports back in ‘94 with MLB. It took years for MLB to get back to where it was.

I don’t see how having no season helps the TV networks, owners/schools, or players.

The advertising revenues go to the broadcasters, ABC, ESPN, CBS, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back