FOOTBALL SEASON CHANCES

Odysseus

Freshman
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Too much money involved and to be lost to not have football...colleges already dumping lower tier sports.With no football dumping lower tier sports would be the second pandemic...

Pro teams and major colleges will be alright with their TV contracts. Smaller schools even at the FBS level will struggle
I don't think so. Both college and pro teams get 40% of their revenue from fans (tickets, parking, concessions, etc). No business can take a 40% haircut and still survive. It's not a coincidence that schools are saying they cannot do college football without the student body on campus. They really are saying without the student body in the stands. NFL is no different. The TV contracts are not enough....

Love the Beast pic.

College football is more powerful than any politician, including Trump.

Unless people start dropping dead in the stands, its going to happen.
You are right, but who in their right mind would go and stand shoulder to shoulder with 50-100,000 strangers pre-vaccine? In my opinion, the lack of fans is less about government mandates and more about individual common sense. Personally I could care less about attending an event of any kind, but if the players are not at risk then I would enjoy watching the games. But we have ensure that the players are not in danger, no matter what that redneck buffoon Cale Grundy says.

Advertisement
You are right, but who in their right mind would go and stand shoulder to shoulder with 50-100,000 strangers pre-vaccine? In my opinion, the lack of fans is less about government mandates and more about individual common sense. Personally I could care less about attending an event of any kind, but if the players are not at risk then I would enjoy watching the games. But we have ensure that the players are not in danger, no matter what that redneck buffoon Cale Grundy says.

Agree. I probably won’t go to many if any games this season. Mostly because I have parents and in-laws in their 70s and 80s and I’d rather see them. Imo I can’t do both.

Last edited:
Never doubted it...

Too much cash is on the line. Athletic departments would fold without a football season. NFL was playing no matter what, college was 50/50 a couple months ago. As time went on and more facts and data were obtained, it was clear football would happen.

Now the question is, will there be fans?

Advertisement
Agree. I probably won’t go to many if any games this season. Mostly because I have parents and in-laws in their 70s and 80s and I’d rather see them. Imo I can’t do both.
Thats reality for so many of us. Now if my kid was playing in the game, I’d probably accept a little more risk and attend. But I can’t take the risk to watch someone else’s kids

tv deals is where they make the bulk of their money, not tickets sales
Can you take a 40% haircut and still make it? Think college/pro sports can?

Now, if the athletes will renegotiate contracts, maybe they can. Baseball players are already saying **** NO. Will the other sports that college football supports need to be cancelled? Maybe if they will, things will work.

One financial issue nobody is talking about is increased testing and treatment for the athletes. Who is paying for that? Additional doctors and resources will be needed. Those people aren't working for free. Can these organizations afford that on top of very low margins that are due to low/no fan attendance?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back