Football scoop today...

Advertisement
Schiano isn't going from college head coach, to NFL head coach, to college coordinator.

There's a large number of head coach openings right now in college; he could get himself a gig. It would be odd for him to become a coordinator.

Gene chizik went from national champ head coach to out of work and now coordinator at unc

As long as butch is coach who cares they will folow his lead to a super roster in three years and ravage cfb and make miami what it was

Did everybody not read the Herald article? Here's one excerpt:

“I don’t think of it really,” Richt said then in a report by the Athens Banner-Herald. “I love my alma mater, the U. No doubt about it, but there’s been nobody calling or writing or texting or anything like that. So I’m sure they’ll find a great coach.”

I say we bring Golden back and give D'onofrio and Williams 10 year extensions. Stability for days

Advertisement
LOL at those thinking that Schiano is being interviewed for a DC position. He is a former college and NFL HC. He is interviewed to be our next HC along with Butch and likely someone else.

Did everybody not read the Herald article? Here's one excerpt:

“I don’t think of it really,” Richt said then in a report by the Athens Banner-Herald. “I love my alma mater, the U. No doubt about it, but there’s been nobody calling or writing or texting or anything like that. So I’m sure they’ll find a great coach.”

He said that 5 weeks ago, the day after Al was fired, but nice try.

Schiano isn't going from college head coach, to NFL head coach, to college coordinator.

There's a large number of head coach openings right now in college; he could get himself a gig. It would be odd for him to become a coordinator.

Could see Schiano as a coordinator with Butch as HC because it would mean he'll eventually get Butch's job when he retires. Offsets the worry about Butch being "too old".

Am sure they will talk to Richt. The obvious upside to hiring Mark is that he is a straight arrow who will run a clean program. Just wonder how much he has in the tank or if the South Beach lifestyle these days would be too much for him and his family.

Butch for HC, Schiano as the DC. Is it possible?

He is sitting at home wanting to coach. To resurrect his career. He hired Butch w the Bucs. I could easily see it happening.

There was HCIW chatter earlier but it involved Mario.

Advertisement
[MENTION=7184]Matt[/MENTION]yports [MENTION=12742]football[/MENTION]Scoop says Miami hopes to have their decision no later then Wednesday. Have you heard anything like that?

Matt Porter &#8207 [MENTION=7184]Matt[/MENTION]yports 34m34 minutes ago
Matt Porter Retweeted nick stasiak
Have only seen it on FootballScoop.

Miami: Per source, Greg Schiano interviewed yesterday with Miami officials. Sources tell us that Miami hopes to have made their selection no later than Wednesday.

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 1h1 hour ago
Matt Porter Retweeted Ethan J. Skolnick
Wonder what that means. Like, "a lot of coaches and ADs I spoke with who aren't connected to UM"...?

Advertisement
Back