Football scoop today...

crossover22[]_[];2395817 said:
Butch gets 2 million per year and Greg gets 1 million.

crossover22[]_[];2395808 said:
People stop kidding yourself. They arent interviewing schiano for DC. They are looking for a head coach. The head coach will decide who the DC is.

Its funny that you think that could happen. Schiano want to be HEAD coach again.
You do realize Schiano is a defensive line coach for a high school right now right?....last non Miami coaching search article written on Schiano was his desire to get back into coaching in any way possible...is getting back in the game with an old friend really hard to believe?

Hes doing that as a volunteer. Yes its very hard to believe that he would come as DC.

Advertisement
Schiano is not going back to Rutgers.

What other job would he be interested in?

People stop kidding yourself. They arent interviewing schiano for DC. They are looking for a head coach. The head coach will decide who the DC is.

Its funny that you think that could happen. Schiano want to be HEAD coach again.

Youve talked to him? You know for a fact he wont go back to rutgers?

Advertisement
Just a guess.

crossover22[]_[];2395839 said:

Youve talked to him? You know for a fact he wont go back to rutgers?

Advertisement
I swear to G-d, if we go through what Blake called a "real national" search and end up interviewing Butch and Schiano, two out of work coaches, 5 weeks after Fat Al was fired, without talking to Richt more than to ask him if he had a picture other than one with Don Bailey, Jr. in it to hang at the Hect Center, I'm going to lose my ****.

Maybe you could just become a full time Tulane fan. They seem to be on their way to great things.

Have these guys been right about anything so far? seems like they've just been saying random stuff.

James Bettecher as DC...

Why would the defensive coordinator of the Arizona Cardinals take a step backwards in his coaching career to become a DC at the collegiate level? Arizona has the 7th-ranked defense in the NFL. It's not like he's on a hot seat there.

Good NFL DCs don't go to college to be a coordinator voluntarily.

Advertisement
Seeing as there are 224 coordinator positions in division 1 football, and you have provided me with two examples of guys that have followed in your proposed career path for Schiano, I would say that would qualify it as an odd move.

James Bettecher as DC...

Lmao

Rob Ryan is available!

275px-Rob_Ryan.jpg

Wait...is that The Hecth Center!

Advertisement
They just reported that Miami wants to have a decision by Wednesday. The only reported interviews have been Butch and Schiano. Doesn't mean there's not more though

Seeing as there are 224 coordinator positions in division 1 football, and you have provided me with two examples of guys that have followed in your proposed career path for Schiano, I would say that would qualify it as an odd move.

Gene Chizik, Will Muschamp makes 4

Advertisement
Back