Folks talking about Dan Enos as OC now

A modern pro QB is a spread QB. It's not 1995 anymore. Why do you think anyone who's had a cup of coffee with Sean McVay is getting head coaching interviews in the NFL?
Bama has a great offense. Why not? They are in the shotgun a lot. They believe in run first which is what we are. They have high value of TEs which we do as well, why not?

Advertisement
Some of the same people who recognize the importance of keeping the best athletes in South Florida home would be perfectly fine with continuing to trot out archaic, plodding, behind-the-times offenses reminiscent of the Big 10 in the '90s. Like buying a Lamborghini and driving 45 mph in cruise control on the thruway.

We've gone the methodical route for years. We can keep the Jeff Fisher mentality and continue lagging behind or we can finally wake up and make this program exciting again. Thankfully Diaz' comments about the offense he wants make it sound like he understands this clearly.
Bama offense was more dynamic this year this it was ever in its history. Blowing teams out before the 4th QT. I'll take Enos right now.

Get Jalen for 2019 and Tate for 2020 and ride the wave to New Orleans to beat Clemson twice in one year.

Bama offense was more dynamic this year this it was ever in its history. Blowing teams out before the 4th QT. I'll take Enos right now.

Get Jalen for 2019 and Tate for 2020 and ride the wave to New Orleans to beat Clemson twice in one year.

That was not Enos' offense. He was Bama's QB coach, not their OC or playcaller.

Dan Enos' offense is what he ran under Bret Bielema at Arkansas. I-formation, QB under center on early downs, run up the middle into heavy crowds reminiscent of banging your head into a brick wall repeatedly. He's Jeff Fisher. No tempo. No capitalizing on getting your best athletes into space. No creation of mental distress on a defense.

These were his most common formations during his stint at Central Michigan.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/hGk...us_asset/file/3351386/Dan-Enos-Playbook.0.png

If Manny said he wanted a new uptempo style this guy doesnt fit that. Satan likes the run game and slow paced, hence the reason him and Major had issues and after one season he was gone.

And they were 97th the year after he left.

I loved that 2015 offense. Shows what he can do with talent. That style won’t be very popular, though.

And this is where the problem is with our fanbase. They claim they want to be relevant and win again but only if it’s a spread or this or that. lol

I just want competent coordinators and coaches on both sides of the ball who know how to get the most out of our players regardless of what scheme or system they utilize. These guys need to realize that there are multiple paths to success, we just need to get coaches who can do it.

Advertisement
And this is where the problem is with our fanbase. They claim they want to be relevant and win again but only if it’s a spread or this or that. lol

I just want competent coordinators and coaches on both sides of the ball who know how to get the most out of our players regardless of what scheme or system they utilize. These guys need to realize that there are multiple paths to success, we just need to get coaches who can do it.
The game has significantly changed. The Cardinals just hired a coach that was fired for being mediocre at TTU. That's how bad they want to strike gold with the new age

Maybe, just maybe, the guy we’re about to steal from Bama and UGA is smart and can adapt his style to the talent?

Maybe, just maybe, the guy we’re about to steal from Bama and UGA is smart and can adapt his style to the talent?

That’s too complicated of a thought for most to comprehend. Forget that Bama and UGA wants him , their HC’s must be idiots it not like they have been in the playoffs or NC hunt more recent than we have. Smh

That’s too complicated of a thought for most to comprehend. Forget that Bama and UGA wants him , their HC’s must be idiots it not like they have been in the playoffs or NC hunt more recent than we have. Smh

Dudes mad at this are the same ones ****ed we “only get MAC coaches” or “only get coaches other schools don’t want”.

Advertisement
Two days ago I thought that Manny had his guy but today I'm not sure about that anymore.

Probably he's still at the drawing board

So he winds up in Arkansas with that Butthead looking weirdo Belima. Here’s what he does as offensive coordinator:

2015: 25th
2016: 54th
2017: 94th

The S&P (advanced) rankings are more favorable.

2015: 4th
2016: 39th
2017: 43rd

And fell to 97th when he left.

My biggest concern is the Central Michigan tenure. They were bad the whole time.

I liked what he did at Arkansas. The 2015 offense was lights out and balanced with NFL talent. An SEC defensive coach told me the guy is a stud, and Saban said that Arkansas gave him fits.

The whole thing is just weird. Alabama and Georgia want him, our fans don't want him, and the style doesn't seem to fit. I wonder how much this game is playing in Manny's mind:

A few points on Enos:
1. He absolutely annihilated Diaz at Arkansas. Don’t underestimate the importance of something like that when a HC is looking for a coordinator. They tend to like guys who gave them fits.
2. Sabag loves him. I’ve heard him speak very glowingly of Enos several times as a recruiter and a QB coach.
3. Enos had a nice offense at Arkansas under a HC who certainly wanted to push a “run the ball” Barry Alvarez philosophy on him. Even with that, Enos got a lot out of some pretty inferior QBs and offensive talent.
4. Alabaga QBs have progressed quite well under him, and he did a very good job with Allen at Arkansas and Allen isn’t very good.

i say this as someone who doesnt really want him here...

but, saban coached against this guy's offense for 3 years at arkansas and then decided to go steal him away from Michigan. helluva endorsement.

CMU was actually doing well prior to his tenure there as they had both brian kelly & butch jones back to back to turn them around.

Advertisement
A few more points on Enos.

He left CMU on his own, and got a pay increase to be the OC at Arkansas versus being the HC at CMU.

His offense is a definite fit for what UGA and Bama want to run. He'll develop QBs and the offense will produce, especially with talent. But he is a ball control, preserve the defense, coach.

And, based on his preferred style, he doesn't seem to fit the staff Coach Diaz indicated he wants.

Doesn't mean he's not a good OC. Doesn't mean he wouldn't be successful at Miami. But he's more of the same Miami offense from recent years. Not power-spread, not air-raid. More Miami pro-style.

If @The Franchise approves we must be *******.
Just pointing out some reasons it wouldn’t be a disaster. I wouldn’t love the hire. But I’d be willing to wait to see what his offense would look like under a HC who wants to be more wide open than Bloat Bielema.

An OC can only run what a HC lets him run. If Bielema wants to be run first and not run tempo then that’s what the OC has to do.

Advertisement
Anddddd our offense went from being 30 years old to being 25 years old. We’re getting closer

Are we sure Alabama wanted this guy?
Very sure
B81A1D06-5FEC-44AA-A3BB-FD4B08C523AE.jpeg

Advertisement
Back