FLOWERS SHOULD RETURN !!!

There are some guys - like Duke - that really can't improve draft status that much. Flowers, otoh, can. He can go from a 3rd/4th round grade this year to a top 10 prospect next year. Huge difference. Rookie wage scale kind of mitigates things some, but it's something to consider.

I agree in principle but I'm not sure how much better he can become under this staff. This team is so toxic I just don't see how it could be in his best interest.

Advertisement
There are some guys - like Duke - that really can't improve draft status that much. Flowers, otoh, can. He can go from a 3rd/4th round grade this year to a top 10 prospect next year. Huge difference. Rookie wage scale kind of mitigates things some, but it's something to consider.

I agree in principle but I'm not sure how much better he can become under this staff. This team is so toxic I just don't see how it could be in his best interest.

I see your point but to the other OP's point it's not about being selfish it's about a business decision.. I could be wrong but the best possible ROOKIE deal + a good SECOND contract is better than a deal where u slip in draft (since there was a run on tackles last year) and you get a decent second contract. It's not about being selfish ..

You committed to the school now is the time to make the best decision for you. Say what you want Kehoe has a resume of good lineman and he's a pretty good OL Coach .. The line was awesome until injury crept in.. How can you maximize your earning potential (if possible) Duke IMO cannot he can ..

Let's not forget we lost Gadbois, McDermott, and Flowers all in same season our top 4 Tackles were these three and probably Mungo. We played with Darling (True Fresh) kicked Mungo out to the other side and felt the effects on the interior plus Linder didnt play vs. VA . Alex Gall was hurt majority of the year.

I am displeased with 6-6 just like everyone else BUT now is the time to make career decisions not decisions based on emotions.. The offensive coaching (aside from the occasional passive play calling was good)

Sorry, but you don't leave early unless you are a RB(have the shortest shelf life in the NFL) or you are a guaranteed 1st rounder.

Especially when with one more solid year you could be a 1st rounder.

The difference in signing bonuses alone between 1st and 2nd round is ridiculous.

I understand the coaching situation isn't great, but he should do that for himself and his family.

Yes there is always a chance he gets hurt, but OLinemen injuries usually aren't career ending, especially with todays medical advances.

He'll probably grade out as a 2nd rounder. Could he move into the 1st round for the 2016 draft? Possibly. Flowers seems to be a right tackle at the next level.

Not sure if its on the coaches but I would be willing to bet he led our team in False starts... Which is pretty sad considering he missed some time. I think he has a TON of improving to do. However, with the situation as it is at UM. I could totally understand why he would go anyway. He will play at the next level there is no doubt about that. If he went late enough to only sign say a two or three yr deal he could get to that next contract a bit quicker and get that bigger deal. I just think he still has a lot of improving to do, but if he can get paid to do it, then good luck man!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back