Florida State (Game 3) 1pm ACCNX

That wouldn't come close to getting it done. When the HC's dad wields a huge amount of power over the program, nothing will change. DiMare is the HC for as long as he wants. Miami's only hope is that he pulls a Richt and has the self respect and self awareness to walk away.

It's shocking to realize that we have the same problem in both football AND baseball- the AD hired head coaches whose dad's are S. Florida power brokers. What an embarrassment.
While holding on to a retired basketball coach just because he took a team to the Final Four once.

Advertisement
Gino is not retiring 2 years into his head coaching run due to a midsession sweep by a rival. Garbage weekend or not. Y’all are ridiculous.

While holding on to a retired basketball coach just because he took a team to the Final Four once.

Miami should go hard after Pitino. Dude took Iona to the tournament in his first year. Pitino just said he loves the small school environment and only wants to coach at small schools for the last 6-7 years of his coaching career and make them big time. Sucks to know that Blake James doesn't have the nuts to make a power move like that.

Our entire athletic department is Shaka Smart. Over achieved for years and got hype he couldn’t live up to. Now is just happy to make the NCAA tournament, only to lose early every year.

Advertisement
Miami should go hard after Pitino. Dude took Iona to the tournament in his first year. Pitino just said he loves the small school environment and only wants to coach at small schools and make them big time. Sucks to know that Blake James doesn't have the nuts to make a power move like that.
Moser from Loyola. Dude never shows up unprepared.

I just don't know what to make of this team. We have several really talented guys, but execution is consistently bad. I also don't understand why there was a complete lack of fight. We laid down in this series, they showed at least some fight in every other series.

Miami should go hard after Pitino. Dude took Iona to the tournament in his first year. Pitino just said he loves the small school environment and only wants to coach at small schools for the last 6-7 years of his coaching career and make them big time. Sucks to know that Blake James doesn't have the nuts to make a power move like that.
I’m honestly not sure what Blake James stands for.

Could it be any worse? This team gotten beaten down like it was Delaware State. There is nothing DiMare can say to spin this positively. A complete failure from a coaching perspective in all aspects of the game.
He has to tske the blame. It's his team. I think the fielding and pitching will work itself out, but the hitting bothers me and thathis wheelhouse.

Advertisement
I even kind of expected a series loss this weekend because they were coming in hot and wanted revenge after we beat them pretty bad in the series in 2019, but the complete lack of fight and constant beating ourselves with error after error is unacceptable.

I just don't know what to make of this team. We have several really talented guys, but execution is consistently bad. I also don't understand why there was a complete lack of fight. We laid down in this series, they showed at least some fight in every other series.
Strikeouts. That's the problem. Not enough balls put in play and the team was hitting 0.156 in the series going into Sunday which got even worse after today.

I even kind of expected a series loss this weekend because they were coming in hot and wanted revenge after we beat them pretty bad in the series in 2019, but the complete lack of fight and constant beating ourselves with error after error is unacceptable.
There was a time when we had guys who would light up the locker room after a Friday night loss, and you could tell by the way they came out on Saturday. This team? "Just keep beating us down. We don't care."

Strikeouts are bad, of course. But we also gave up 34 runs in three games. To a team that scored nine (9) runs all weekend at home against Pittsburgh.

Advertisement
I think it’s also high time to expand the recruiting to a more national effort. These kids we get seem to be extremely over hyped. Teams like vandy and Louisville recruit actual baseball players. We recruit local perfect game paper tigers

When it comes to baseball it’s hard to make predictions bc of injuries and guys can start slumping out of nowhere. But in our case, when multiple high level guys underperform it’s a larger issue. I would tell you to look to previous years when you felt similar to see what will happen, again.

Gino is not retiring 2 years into his head coaching run due to a midsession sweep by a rival. Garbage weekend or not. Y’all are ridiculous.

No one to blame but himself for the heat. If DiMare had taken his first HC job at FAU or another school for 4-5 years, made a couple of WS appearances and proven he was competent to run a program, then I wouldn't have much of an issue with hiring him as the UM coach if a vacancy opened up down the line. As it stands, it's yet another example of Miami hiring an assistant coach from a failed regime to be HC because the area he was responsible for sucked slightly less in comparison to the other areas of the program. Same exact situation in football and baseball. Does that sound like a recipe for success to you?

Advertisement
I think it’s also high time to expand the recruiting to a more national effort. These kids we get seem to be extremely over hyped. Teams like vandy and Louisville recruit actual baseball players. We recruit local perfect game paper tigers
A-freaking-men. A thousand times over. Give me baseball players, not measurables.

We have to have the worst approach I’ve ever seen at the plate for a college team. Watch meatballs over the plate to swing like a maniac at some pitch no where near the zone. It’s almost unbelievable.

Advertisement
Back