Florida ready to block Miami entry into SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Big10 would have every major city in the country if they add Miami and GT.
💯

Plus adding BC and maybe Stanford or Cal. That would be case closed as far as BIG city areas.and a tremendous, unbeatable NIL advantage

All also have the highest academic standards

Then NO conference could approach them academically or athletically

Others IB1G should consider would be Washington and Colorado to make it a complete market sweep

Pat Forde said something similar on the most recent Yahoo pod with Dan Wetzel. Didn’t mention Florida specifically, but said something like he guarantees Miami would he blocked by other SEC schools. I’d have to play it back to get the exact language.

And we run the real risk of getting left standing in this game of Musical Chairs when the music stops. I'm not convinced that the B1G sees us as a fit. SEC is our best chance.
You think B1G doesn't take a major program in Florida, a top 3 media market, if it's available? Even if the SEC didn't see us as a fit, they would take us just to keep B1G out of Florida.

Advertisement
Is there any chance the rest of the SEC wouldn’t want FSU and Miami coming? Because if that happens you mine as well just break it into a Texas and Florida division. Any Florida recruit that wants to play SEC now has 3 options instead of 1. Miami alone, even still in the ACC, is a threat to those SEC schools with recruiting. Now add us and FSU and the state is completely locked down.

Is there any chance the rest of the SEC wouldn’t want FSU and Miami coming? Because if that happens you mine as well just break it into a Texas and Florida division. Any Florida recruit that wants to play SEC now has 3 options instead of 1. Miami alone, even still in the ACC, is a threat to those SEC schools with recruiting. Now add us and FSU and the state is completely locked down.
This is about tv rights, southeast market and more…. It’s all about $$$&. UF would have to fall in line they could try and block but they wont be able too…

SEC is looking big picture. They have the state of Texas , Alabama, Arkansas, Missouri, Louisiana, and Tennessee.

If they get Miami and FSU they now have all of Florida…

If they get Clemson they now have South Carolina.

If they take GT which I don’t see they have all of Georgia.

If they take Louisville they have all of Kentucky.

It’s all possible they go after Ok State..

Pat Forde said something similar on the most recent Yahoo pod with Dan Wetzel. Didn’t mention Florida specifically, but said something like he guarantees Miami would he blocked by other SEC schools. I’d have to play it back to get the exact language.
Did the conversation continue at all after that? Kinda funny but par for the course if it didn't.

It's never anyone then saying' "Wait. Why not? What are they afraid of? It's certainly not an academic issue as Miami would instantly be a very upper echelon addition to the conference. They're afraid of recruiting battles? They're afraid to HAVE to regularly play them?"

This is a bigger issue but is emblematic of how the media has treated that conference. They NEVER go into detail when it makes a member school look bad on anything. They just quickly move on. It's why it took SEC on SEC school violence for the notion of BAGA paying players to even be remotely acknowledged decade laters.

Advertisement
The $EC can see the writing on the wall for Miami, we are on the rise and the funding is finally here. In the 2000's Miami, Clemson, & FSU have been the only teams to win a national champions from the current teams in the ACC. Why would they take any other current team in the ACC before us? UF can eat a D🖕ck.

This is about tv rights, southeast market and more…. It’s all about $$$&. UF would have to fall in line they could try and block but they wont be able too…

SEC is looking big picture. They have the state of Texas , Alabama, Arkansas, Missouri, Louisiana, and Tennessee.

If they get Miami and FSU they now have all of Florida…

If they get Clemson they now have South Carolina.

If they take GT which I don’t see they have all of Georgia.

If they take Louisville they have all of Kentucky.

It’s all possible they go after Ok State..
I see this happening.
And the Big XII taking the scrap tier 2-4 P5 schools in the Midwest, mountains and west coast.
****, I see the AAC taking a few lower tier ACC schools.

As far as Florida University is concerned...

🖕🏿 em

Did the conversation continue at all after that? Kinda funny but par for the course if it didn't.

It's never anyone then saying' "Wait. Why not? What are they afraid of? It's certainly not an academic issue as Miami would instantly be a very upper echelon addition to the conference. They're afraid of recruiting battles? They're afraid to HAVE to regularly play them?"

This is a bigger issue but is emblematic of how the media has treated that conference. They NEVER go into detail when it makes a member school look bad on anything. They just quickly move on. It's why it took SEC on SEC school violence for the notion of BAGA paying players to even be remotely acknowledged decade laters.
He said it’s because of the success UM is having in recruiting this cycle and how the school is going about it. He didn‘t flat out say it was Ruiz and NIL, but that’s what he was getting at. It was hard to tell if he was serious though, and his co-host didn’t lend much credence to it.

Advertisement
I see this happening.
And the Big XII taking the scrap tier 2-4 P5 schools in the Midwest, mountains and west coast.
****, I see the AAC taking a few lower tier ACC schools.

As far as Florida University is concerned...

🖕🏿 em

At the end of the day it’s money and they know it.

I always thought a scenario could play out where all the schools try and freeze Miami out just as a big 🖕for the last 40 years lol

However they’re smarter and driven by $$$ they know having Miami market is huge! Especially since B10 just tapped into the LA market.

Why is it that people can’t seem to remember that Pat Fraud Forde wrote the most hateful crap about The Seventh Floor Crew? Forde is human garbage.

Advertisement
reminder that ATM opposed UT from joining and still voted yes bc if the other members are okay with it, they went along with it.

same would happen here. would have to take more than just 1 even 2 schools for them to really vote no

At the end of the day it’s money and they know it.

I always thought a scenario could play out where all the schools try and freeze Miami out just as a big 🖕for the last 40 years lol

However they’re smarter and driven by $$$ they know having Miami market is huge! Especially since B10 just tapped into the LA market.

LA is a bigger market and not even close obviously, but miami would be their second largest media market in the conference if miami were to join.

interestingly enough, Miami FTL is the third largest behind Tampa and Orlando in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back