Florida going after Larry Scott

So the NFL, SEC schools, and a former NFL coach at a major university are poaching our staff, and we are set to have more players drafted than anyone else, but we went 6-7.

Scratching my head here.

We're developing them in practice but were playing a bad scheme. Some like Chickillo are out of position.

I agree with DH, it really doesnt make sense. No matter what though, we are going to have to significantly raise coaching salaries.

It wouldn't make sense to raise salaries, the proof is there that the coaching is there. However with our scheme we're playing behind the 8 ball every game.

Advertisement
move carroll to TE coach and bring in Lamar Thomas at WR. Its better to have alumni as coaches because they are less likely to leave.

Unless you are Cristobal.

Mario was here, what? 3 weeks before he upped and left? We all derided him for that move as disloyal to the school, but maybe that's all he needed to get a read on Golden and get out when Saban (a real coach) came calling. I was one of those that called him a traitor, but looking back, he could go down as being the smartest of the bunch.

If coaches will make lateral moves from your program to a proven winning program, that says more about the direction of the program they are leaving IMO

Unless you go to the NFL because in the end, that's the highest level. Frankly it won't matter who fills jethros place at UM. The coaches and scheme need to go.

Advertisement
i dont know if he is a good coach or not, that's hard to tell from the sidelines and message boards. i do know, however, that walford improved dramatically during his time here.

move carroll to TE coach and bring in Lamar Thomas at WR. Its better to have alumni as coaches because they are less likely to leave.

Mario was here, what? 3 weeks before he upped and left? We all derided him for that move as disloyal to the school, but maybe that's all he needed to get a read on Golden and get out when Saban (a real coach) came calling. I was one of those that called him a traitor, but looking back, he could go down as being the smartest of the bunch.

he got offered way more money at a top program and he didnt have a made up position. his position here was made up. Mario to me isn't like alot of other canes that bleed orange and green.

Advertisement

What's it matter how smart he was. A traitor is a traitor. General Benedict Arnold was smart, but still a traitor.

**** Cristobal!

If he does go, I would say move Carroll back to TE, Beard to coach WR, move Hurlie to DB coach and bring back Barrow for LB coach. As another poster pointed out, it doesn't matter who coaches DL b/c Golden is going to play patty cake with each candidate and pick the one that can do it best while in the frog stance.

I really want to keep Scott too, if he leaves move Carroll to TE coach, bring in Lamar Thomas for WR and cripple Louisville's SoFla pipeline.

Advertisement
Great. The damned Gators poach all our good recruits and every decent assistant coach on our staff. Just ####ing wonderful. Can't this ###hole administration see what's going on here? God help us if they hire some wannabe Ivy League-style puke from a school like William & Mary as President.

It's just about over folks.

Makes sense for Scott. Why coach under a lame duck when you can get a fresh 4 year track under a new hire?

Advertisement
Our tampa guy, gators had kinda lost that area us and FSU been getting most of those kids, smart for UF to go after him

well hey Butch Davis questioned what coaches has Al Golden lost because others schools or nfl teams have come in a poached them, well now we are seeing it on a mass scale LOL.

Go Canes
Not one of them got promoted. The guys under Butch went on to be head coaches. None of Golden gang will be head coaches..... Directly after leaving here

How many position coaches under Butch went to HC positions directly?

Advertisement
Back