Florida (Game 3) 1pm SECN+

Miami just took 2 out of 3 on the road, on opening weekend over a top tier team. That team is not only an instate rival, but one that has owned the series over the last decade. Yet, here are our fans, acting like Miami was swept. I know that our fans are unrealistic, but come on. There's no downside to what happened this weekend. Are there things to work on? YES, but that's true of any team, at any point of the season. Miami didn't win these games by accident, they fought and scrapped their way to two wins, and you saw what this team can be.

What I want to see is this team successfully handle success. Don't drop the midweek game to USF, keep winning, crush the teams you should beat. This team has potential, I can't wait to see this team grow as the season wears on.
I'm still drinking and shopping online for Miami baseball gear. I'm acting more like we swept them.

Advertisement
Miami just took 2 out of 3 on the road, on opening weekend over a top tier team. That team is not only an instate rival, but one that has owned the series over the last decade. Yet, here are our fans, acting like Miami was swept. I know that our fans are unrealistic, but come on. There's no downside to what happened this weekend. Are there things to work on? YES, but that's true of any team, at any point of the season. Miami didn't win these games by accident, they fought and scrapped their way to two wins, and you saw what this team can be.

What I want to see is this team successfully handle success. Don't drop the midweek game to USF, keep winning, crush the teams you should beat. This team has potential, I can't wait to see this team grow as the season wears on.
I just try to be realistic. It’s a great series win and cannot understate what it means to the club’s psyche. Those homo lizards have owned us. Scrapping for wins, better situational hitting and the emergence of some young arms have me geeked for the future. But I also see systemic problems that have plagued us the last several years, specifically infield defense and base running. There is enough good to be excited and enough bad to be concerned. I’ll take the wins but we have got to improve on defense and running bases or other series won’t be as kind as this weekend was to us

I just try to be realistic. It’s a great series win and cannot understate what it means to the club’s psyche. Those homo lizards have owned us. Scrapping for wins, better situational hitting and the emergence of some young arms have me geeked for the future. But I also see systemic problems that have plagued us the last several years, specifically infield defense and base running. There is enough good to be excited and enough bad to be concerned. I’ll take the wins but we have got to improve on defense and running bases or other series won’t be as kind as this weekend was to us
You are correct, but a couple things to remember. This is the first series of the year. It’s the first series in nearly 11 months. It’s a series against the #1 team. It’s a series against our hated rival.
Try to enjoy it.

You are correct, but a couple things to remember. This is the first series of the year. It’s the first series in nearly 11 months. It’s a series against the #1 team. It’s a series against our hated rival.
Try to enjoy it.
So Friday will be our only loss for a while? Cuz that's what I see.

Advertisement
Respectfully, we've had similar issues for many years, and they weren't resolved. Let's be cautiously optimistic.
Let's save it for Wednesday and enjoy this one as long we can. See a ton of similarities between this series win and the wild catch it took for us to finally beat FSU in 17. Sometimes it takes these miracle/ugly wins to get over the hump. This hump felt Mount Everest tall over the years

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Midweek games are gonna be really interesting. I’m ready to see how Gino handles the pitching staff and is like to see ADC get a break from behind the plate.

Midweek games are gonna be really interesting. I’m ready to see how Gino handles the pitching staff and is like to see ADC get a break from behind the plate.
I am sure he will, as he should. But the fact that we didn't notice how solid he was behind the plate all weekend is another over-looked bright spot. I thought he really struggled in the first two games at the plate but looked much more aggressive and confident today.

Advertisement
Back