Florida (Game 3) 1pm SECN+

Advertisement
Not yet....but he's at Coarch....if that A disappears, then that's his ***...
Man y’all are ruthless lol. This the first time we took a series off them mofos in how ever long I can remember tho. And at their crib...Granted I haven’t followed baseball as closely since the yonder, weeks, Blake T, yasmani etc etc of the world. But UFs been had our number
1613944947862.gif

Advertisement
But annoyingly will be behind Florida in all but a couple. D1 will probably “poll mechanics” us behind Florida all season.
That doesn't matter. Being rated #1 is meaningless in baseball. In fact, only 2 teams that were rated #1 on day 1 have won the CWS. It helps more towards hosting a regional and super regional.

Advertisement
That doesn't matter. Being rated #1 is meaningless in baseball. In fact, only 2 teams that were rated #1 on day 1 have won the CWS. It helps more towards hosting a regional and super regional.

Your correct... it means nothing in the first week of the season

However it's always pleasing to take the series from the Gators... especially at their new house.

Advertisement
Sully had the series yesterday and blew it in glorious fashion
Never happened. We have elite baseball minds on this board that have either played, watch every game of baseball played all year or regularly stay at Holiday Inn Express....

They said we can’t beat them.... they are so fundamentally sound..

Filthy sons a ******* got 99% of every close call and home cooking all series and we are headin back home having battled a top team for 3 games, taking 2 of 3. ****** love it!!!

One thing I'd like to have become a focus after this series is running hard at all times. We've cost ourselves no less than three outs by watching the ball or easing up.

Pitelli watched that up-the-middle for a long before putting head down and going hard.
Best time every time is the approach. That was my base running keynote as a coach. Speaks for itself.

Advertisement
Really need to tighten up on D before tourney time; can't afford to give opponents free baserunners, but that is another story for another day. Today is another great day, gents, for we feast on the gata!

Miami just took 2 out of 3 on the road, on opening weekend over a top tier team. That team is not only an instate rival, but one that has owned the series over the last decade. Yet, here are our fans, acting like Miami was swept. I know that our fans are unrealistic, but come on. There's no downside to what happened this weekend. Are there things to work on? YES, but that's true of any team, at any point of the season. Miami didn't win these games by accident, they fought and scrapped their way to two wins, and you saw what this team can be.

What I want to see is this team successfully handle success. Don't drop the midweek game to USF, keep winning, crush the teams you should beat. This team has potential, I can't wait to see this team grow as the season wears on.

Advertisement
Back