Florida (Game 3) 1pm SECN+

I am sure he will, as he should. But the fact that we didn't notice how solid he was behind the plate all weekend is another over-looked bright spot. I thought he really struggled in the first two games at the plate but looked much more aggressive and confident today.
dude is a stud behind he plate, but I do worry about the wear and tear behind the plate with his bat over a long season. Definitely needs some breaks as DH

Advertisement
top25fared.jpg

Advertisement
I just try to be realistic. It’s a great series win and cannot understate what it means to the club’s psyche. Those homo lizards have owned us. Scrapping for wins, better situational hitting and the emergence of some young arms have me geeked for the future. But I also see systemic problems that have plagued us the last several years, specifically infield defense and base running. There is enough good to be excited and enough bad to be concerned. I’ll take the wins but we have got to improve on defense and running bases or other series won’t be as kind as this weekend was to us

We definitely need to play better in the field and clean things up on the bases. Gino and JD also need to continue to figure out what works in the lineup and on the mound.

But this series showed the talent is definitely there for this to be a very good team. And if the pitching comes together there's no reason we can't be an Omaha team.

I agree with having concerns, I'm also thrilled we took a series from the consensus #1 team in the country, a team that has owned us for the past decade, and did it at their place.

Advertisement
Respectfully, those teams did not take series vs the number 1 ranked team in the country at their place. Gtfoh.

Now it's obvious that Miami and Florida were the two retarded kids fighting each other. Someone had to win. Tried to tell you not to get too excited about two wins.

Advertisement
Back