Florida Game 1 5:30 SEC Network/SEC Network+

It’s always easy to criticize after the fact. You can also argue it’s a safe assumption to make that he’s throwing home with a shallow ball and Toral at 3rd
You go on the throw if it goes all the way through. It’s basic base running man. If someone is on third 95% of the time he is gonna be telling the kid on third to go home and not waving you from 2nd to 3rd. You break hard off the bag and read the throw. Didn’t look like Del read anything. Looks like he put his head down and went. Big no no.

Advertisement
No matter what, there is no one that seriously would say Gino has done a bad job though, right?

He’s elevated the program massively. It’s just that a rival is better and that sucks.
We were at ground zero. Legitimately below Manny diaz FIU level when he took over

Here's the problem - they both tagged and neither is fast, but if you run hard through home plate, there's no way it's even close at third.

Sometimes a well-coached team thats ranked #1 in the nation makes a great play (which they really didn’t).

I forgot that mopism is strong in the baseball board too.

Advertisement
No matter what, there is no one that seriously would say Gino has done a bad job though, right?

He’s elevated the program massively. It’s just that a rival is better and that sucks.
Still withholding judgement one way or the other personally. It’s functionality his second season. The recruiting has been outstanding but I’m not convinced he’s a good in-game manager.

You go on the throw if it goes all the way through. It’s basic base running man. If someone is on third 95% of the time he is gonna be telling the kid on third to go home and not waving you from 2nd to 3rd. You break hard off the bag and read the throw. Didn’t look like Del read anything. Looks like he put his head down and went. Big no no.
So you want him to leave 2nd once he recognizes it’s not being cut-off? He’d then be out by 30 feet.

Advertisement
Still withholding judgement one way or the other personally. It’s functionality his second season. The recruiting has been outstanding but I’m not convinced he’s a good in-game manager.
He’s probably not elite at it if we are being honest. It’s also less than 50% of being a good manager.

The leadership stuff off the field and recruiting are more important.

Sometimes a well-coached team thats ranked #1 in the nation makes a great play (which they really didn’t).

I forgot that mopism is strong in the baseball board too.
We’ve lost 10 years in a row to them. I can’t take the excuses any longer I’m sorry

Imagine thinking that was a “good play” or it was bc “neither guy was fast,” as to why we didn’t score. Or saying Del going to third, “drew a throw and allowed Toral to score.”

Imagine being that stupid and calling other people “fanboys” when they correct you lmao

Advertisement

The trajectory is there. I truly believe last year’s team would have done some postseason damage with that starting staff. A lot of things to clean up still but this team is much better than Morris’s paycheck stealing years

So you want him to leave 2nd once he recognizes it’s not being cut-off? He’d then be out by 30 feet.
You break hard off second and read the throw. If you are in no mans land and it’s cut off you stop and get in a rundown until Toral scores. Either way 99% of the time you don’t go to third bc you’re already in scoring position. Idk why that’s so hard to understand?

Advertisement
He’s probably not elite at it if we are being honest. It’s also less than 50% of being a good manager.

The leadership stuff off the field and recruiting are more important.
Not to say that he can’t become a good one with time either. It’s just too small a sample size. As a fan, I greatly appreciate his openness and candor though.

Imagine thinking that was a “good play” or it was bc “neither guy was fast,” as to why we didn’t score. Or saying Del going to third, “drew a throw and allowed Toral to score.”

Imagine being that stupid and calling other people “fanboys” when they correct you lmao
You are a fanboy.

Advertisement
Back