Flores out as Dolphins coach

Advertisement

From reading the Dolphins players comments, Flo appears to have had a lot of support locker room. Players loved him and so do the national media.

Aside from the Harbaugh angle, my guess is that Flo probably didn’t get along with Management. If so, Flo definitely gets my respect. My guess is that he ruffled a few feathers in the front office by speaking his mind, and who knows, Flo may have questioned more than a few questionable trades, draft picks and free agent moves. All that cap space being saved for what?

Flo won’t be unemployed for long

I probably wouldn’t get along with the management, either, if I wanted to draft Herbert and the management forced me to hitch my wagon to Tua instead.

You jokers must be Cowbitch fans
dallas cowboys GIF

Advertisement
This is the guy they still want to rent the stadium from though. Lol. Dude is cheeks as an owner & football guy. I don’t trust his judgement.
WE need to get our own ****, we will have one soon or a deal in place in the coming years I believe. People dont talk of putting up a stadium if they arent serious about it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I probably wouldn’t get along with the management, either, if I wanted to draft Herbert and the management forced me to hitch my wagon to Tua instead.
Every time someone thinks this, they should remind themselves: He wanted the (accused) rapist, and was willing to give away everything to do it.

And for as many players as liked him, there were as many who didn't. Yes, this move means Tua stays. But it also means Gesicki stays. And Parker. And Ogbah. And I don't know how many more. That doesn't mean he was unpopular, roster-wide; he did give some guys a chance which they were able to seize and succeed with - thinking Nic Needham in particular - but let's not kid. This was the guy who drove Minkah Fitzpatrick out. And Keith Van Noy. And Erick Flowers (think HE might have helped stabilize the OL? :indecisiveness:) and more. He stopped us from getting a high quality RB in a draft absolutely LOUSY with them at that point (Jonathan Taylor, anyone? he was available) because he wanted a project DB in Igbinoghine who - despite being in Flo's wheelhouse - hasn't been able to see any real field time, along with lots of guys who should've got more but he wouldn't play. Let's not kid about his player management.

There were elements to Flo that are definitely likable, particularly his ability to coach defense (although that had some weaknesses, too). But the absolute and undeniable (if you have even so much as two functioning neurons, anyway) fact is that he didn't understand offense and could not in three years assemble a functioning offensive staff (and particularly hire an offensive line coach worth a bucket of spit) despite having carte blanche to do so. That fact is enough to give a pass to a lot of people on that side of the staff, because this insane level of mismanagement means you have no idea what you have - you really don't know what Tua could be, or anyone on that offensive line. You may THINK you do, but if you're honest you understand you don't. Something we as Canes fans *should* be rather familiar with, actually ...

I wish the man well. I think he'll do well. I'm not convinced he will as an HC, because *in addition* to all the above, his game management skills even three years in were ... not good. His decisions in those terms lost us AT LEAST three entirely winnable games (JAX, ATL, LV). But good luck, Flo.

Time to move on.

Last edited:

From reading the Dolphins players comments, Flo appears to have had a lot of support locker room. Players loved him and so do the national media.

Aside from the Harbaugh angle, my guess is that Flo probably didn’t get along with Management. If so, Flo definitely gets my respect. My guess is that he ruffled a few feathers in the front office by speaking his mind, and who knows, Flo may have questioned more than a few questionable trades, draft picks and free agent moves. All that cap space being saved for what?

Flo won’t be unemployed for long

I am just gonna say this, I am glad that Flores is gone because that way, we wont lose FAs to Miami.

Advertisement
The defensive HC's defense gave up 33.5 pts in the 18 games he faced playoff teams since 2019. 31.4 ppg in the 8 losses this year. Defensive coach whose defenses stink against teams with a pulse. Familiar. Maybe it is a Miami thing.

Advertisement
Back