2024 Flip Watch Thread: Mario "We Have a Lot of Guys We're Fixin' to Flip"

Advertisement
Bruh I friend of mine is a UCF fan always sucking their **** and never believes me when I tell him every year they legit have zero chance to win because of their recruiting. Every **** year.
Waste of time. Their success needs to be measured on trying to compete for a conference title. I haven’t pulled the data, but I bet you could go back to when recruiting rankings/sites first started and never see a natty winner without two top 10 classes in a 4 year stretch before title… it’s literally THE requirement.

Jimbo's issue was he couldn't hit on a QB like he did at FSU with Ponder, Manuel, and Winston

The year he finally had a quality starter back to back in Monds they went 9-1. His QBs after Mond were trash outside of Weigman who was hurt. In TrumpyCan'e opinion if Weigman doesn't get hurt they beat Tenn, Bama, Ole Miss
If Weigman doesn't get hurt he might still have a job.

Advertisement
It's insane how quickly things can go sour in College football.

A second ago Beamer was a hot up and coming HC. Now he's losing half of his roster to the Transfer Portal.
Especially when they lose to Clemson. It’s literally all most of them care about. They don’t get much hype around NC it’s Clemson that makes everyone invested

**** Lane Kiffin. We have Mario Cristobal and he's slanging nuts all over the place right now.
IMG_1691.gif

Waste of time. Their success needs to be measured on trying to compete for a conference title. I haven’t pulled the data, but I bet you could go back to when recruiting rankings/sites first started and never see a natty winner without two top 10 classes in a 4 year stretch before title… it’s literally THE requirement.

Blue chip ratio is well documented.

Advertisement
Quick fix. He’s a gimmick. Like I said, higher floor but much lower ceiling.

Lane has been at Ole Miss for 4 years now (with like you said - good results) yet somehow can’t raise the bar.
Ole Miss was 25th in total talent before he arrived, sitting at 23rd for this year. 4 complete cycles & Ole Miss is still the same.
Let’s add in a little context here. You could also read it as he has maxed out Ole Miss and he actually produces wins. Not every program can be Bama or Georgia. My brother went to Ole Miss…win 10 games, beat State, go to the Cotton Bowl or whatever (and occasionally mix in a win over LSU, UF, Tennessee, whatever) and they’re good, because that’s better than they’ve ever been for a sustained period.

Let’s add in a little context here. You could also read it as he has maxed out Ole Miss and he actually produces wins. Not every program can be Bama or Georgia. My brother went to Ole Miss…win 10 games, beat State, go to the Cotton Bowl or whatever (and occasionally mix in a win over LSU, UF, Tennessee, whatever) and they’re good, because that’s better than they’ve ever been for a sustained period.
Having the coach is important, if Lane could recruit like Jimbo or Freeze he would win multiple titles… but he can’t because he’s stubborn and thinks he’s the smartest man in the room (and acts like it).

I still remember when he got banned from Pahokee HS back in the day for some BS he pulled. He’s been banned from a few HS in Miss too.

Lane is what he is, you know what you’re gonna get… so it then becomes one simple question? What do you want? We know what lane would do here, I’d rather find out what Mario could do.

Advertisement
Having the coach is important, if Lane could recruit like Jimbo or Freeze he would win multiple titles… but he can’t because he’s stubborn and thinks he’s the smartest man in the room (and acts like it).

I still remember when he got banned from Pahokee HS back in the day for some BS he pulled. He’s been banned from a few HS in Miss too.

Lane is what he is, you know what you’re gonna get… so it then becomes one simple question? What do you want? We know what lane would do here, I’d rather find out what Mario could do.
Hope one day he’s our OC lol

Advertisement

Someone that can bring in talent, but also get the absolute most out of that talent. I guess that's asking too much.

Advertisement
Back