2024 Flip Watch Thread: Mario "We Have a Lot of Guys We're Fixin' to Flip"

We should have good news tomorrow, not sure if it's the whale-flip you are anticipating...

View attachment 269016
jimi hendrix GIF

Advertisement
So you're asking about the situation, not the team.

**** yeah I'd be ****ed. I'm glad it'll happen to them, but I don't think its right. I think they're getting screwed. It'll have major fallout too.

Does their QB suck? Probably. But a team in that situation has still earned the right to see if they can pull it off. Its happened before. "Best 4 teams" is too subjective. The criteria is never consistent.

If a P5 team goes unbeaten, wins its conference title but STILL gets left out.. then wtf are we calling it a P5 for? That decision would cost that conference more than "just" the 10s of millions its missing from bowl game payouts.

What kind of message does it send recruits? Come to the ACC, where going unbeaten and winning your conference might not be enough, if some random people sitting in a boardroom decide that your QB isn't good.

Last edited:
Advertisement

**** yeah I'd be ****ed. I'm glad it'll happen to them, but I don't think its right. I think they're getting screwed. It'll have major fallout too.

Does their QB suck? Probably. But a team in that situation has still earned the right to see if they can pull it off. Its happened before. "Best 4 teams" is too subjective. The criteria is never consistent.

If a P5 team goes unbeaten, wins its conference title but STILL gets left out.. then wtf are we calling it a P5 for? That decision would cost that conference more than "just" the 10s of millions its missing from bowl game payouts.

What kind of message does it send recruits? Come to the ACC, where going unbeaten and winning your conference might not be enough, if some random people sitting in a boardroom decide that your QB isn't good.

1. Didn't we already know that, though? SEC > B1G > Everyone else.
2. Next year they go to 12, so why would the repercussions be long term? Next year, all the P4 conference champs will get in. Of course, you won't see less than 3 SEC teams in.

This FSU team isn’t better than

UW
MICH
texas
Bama
Oregon
UGA
OSU

Don’t give a **** about winning a ****** ACC.

Advertisement
Bring back Blount. Need to stack DTs and the optics. **** FSU! Can’t let Miami Central studs leave. Especially to sh^ttyhassee.
This is why flipping Kendall Jackson would be huge. If we can't get Blount the need is still filled and if we somehow get both we allow Blount more time to develop and the optics look incredible too. Cooking with fish grease.

Advertisement
FSU getting left out isn't because of ACC, Clemson and FSU have made it before being undefeated or even with one loss.

The reason is this year you have 3 undefeated, and multiple 1 loss teams with similar resumes, and FSUost their QB and leader.

If Travis were healthy they would 100% be in.

Advertisement
FSU getting left out isn't because of ACC, Clemson and FSU have made it before being undefeated or even with one loss.

The reason is this year you have 3 undefeated, and multiple 1 loss teams with similar resumes, and FSUost their QB and leader.

If Travis were healthy they would 100% be in.
OSU says hello. Won it all with a backup QB. That argument is BS

Good to see the National media really taking the best corner in the country’s injury into consideration too. Bama without mckinstry is not the same.
As someone who is firmly in the camp of wanting the funniest possible thing to happen (undefeated FSU getting jumped by two different one loss teams and watching their fans meltdown)…McKinstry ain’t even the best corner on that team, Arnold is.

Advertisement
Back