Fletcher (will be RB1)

Advertisement
Who is our RB1? Those are first world problems.

I say continue the committee approach and drill the **** out of defenses until they can stop it.

No way any defense can contain those guys for an entire four quarters.

Advertisement
Based on what I saw in the stadium last night, Parrish is the clear RB1.

I liked what I saw from Fletcher but was not blown away. Given that it was his first college game as a true freshman, I really liked what I saw from him.
I agree about Parrish. I tried to get a good screenshot of that DB he tore both his Achilles I think

Fletcher is the 2nd coming of the great "RB Frankenstein"

1693676416579.png

They are all very talented. Parrish is so smooth with great instincts and vision to go along with a tremendous football IQ plus he is the veteran of the group.

Chaney is a tough physical runner who is still getting his game day legs under him. He’s totally healthy. What I mean by that is that he is still feeling his way back in terms of catching up to the speed of a live game situation. I expect significant improvement from Chaney over the next 4-6 games. If Chaney can stay healthy he will be a key cog in this RB machine.

Ajay Allen is the type of back who thrives in the open field. He will be an electrifying playmaker for us as he becomes more comfortable in his role. Allen is one who I really want to see used in the passing game.

Mark Fletcher will soon be RB1. He just has it and everyone who saw the game knows exactly what I mean. He is tall and solidly built with the ability to do it all. Fletcher can pound it between the tackles or he can take it outside and turn the corner. He is dangerous in the open field because his size and athleticism make him difficult to tackle. Fletcher has great hands as well and can be an asset in the passing game.
Not trying to be a downer at all but Allen looked like a normal pretty good back to me last night. Didn't see the crazy speed or electricity people are talking about.

Advertisement

I liked what I saw from Fletcher but was not blown away. Given that it was his first college game as a true freshman, I really liked what I saw from him.
Best runs imo were Parrish a couple times with his vision..28 broke a nice one..Dons finish on his run was impressive..& Fletchers acceleration..but I still it’s Parrish, Allen, Fletcher..the hot hand will get fed. All these guys bring something & the oline wlll help their strengths shine through

Not trying to be a downer at all but Allen looked like a normal pretty good back to me last night. Didn't see the crazy speed or electricity people are talking about.
I definitely think he had the most juice and showed nice vision..he did not get into much open space

Allen is quicker than he is fast and I agree I think he is a good change of pace type back but not a #1

Citizen is 6' 220 and had offers from just about everyone, including hometown LSU. There's a place for him in Coral Gables
he hasn't played in two years ... we just brought in fletcher and chris johnson jr. ... we currently have kevin riley (#4 tailback, #104 recruit overall) ... facts suggest otherwise, and it's not shade, just the nature of major D1 recruiting

Advertisement
Great to have flexibility and depth at the position. Can create serious matchup issues depending on the defensive personnel.

Does RB1 really matter when you have a solid rotation of 4 guys that can carry through a game with no let up ???... I mean I'll take a solid rotation all day long.... All guys have great skill and showed a ton of promise running behind that line....

Advertisement
All 4 backs looked good… all 4 backs thrived being able to stay fresh and wear into that defense behind that Oline.

All 4 backs will be thankful for their future pro career aspirations that they weren’t burned down with a huge workload in college.

I didn't see it either but I'm going to take the people who have seen practice at their word.

Not sure how you watched that game and was more impressed by Parrish over Fletcher, not a knock on Parrish but Fletcher was clearly the best back on the field last night.

Advertisement
Back