Flemming de-commits

Advertisement
Ivins mentioned on the pod that he spoke to a power 5 coach 2 weeks ago and was told that the big concern with Fleming is that he doesn’t run routes well enough to get by being so small. Maybe that’s a concern with our staff as well. You never know. Most of us are just excited by his speed but I know a lot of 4.4 players that never amount to nothing because all they have is speed.

Sigh. Lazy and entitled:

Chauncy Gardener has done pretty well for himself. Henderson is doing OK. Snelson did pretty well at UCF. Zack Moss is doing pretty well. Alex Collins did OK. Travis Rudolph did well at FSU. Dexter Williams was pretty good at ND. Jordan Scarlett was solid at UF. I know there's more, but these are the blue chip kids (w/ the exception of Moss) who decommited that have moved on to have solid careers.

And so we're clear, you said kids taking visits are not all Miami. My point was regardless if Shaq showed up in a U tank, he took a visit, did he not? Kids take visits and are still solid, so LCE's point still stands.

Advertisement
The thing is we are not really constantly winning.
I know that Nebraska hasn't either but we are just viewed differently.
We cant ******* win the weakasss coastal for Christ sakes!!
Still though it somehow only applies to us...so that theory of win and they will come is bs as proven by Nebraska and countless other times throughout the years

weve all been wrong on croots, Doesnt hurt us uch knowing we are not that high on him.... I personally wouldnt mind bigger recievers but love the occasional small guy like this one...not as mad knowing that this was a mutual decision
If the vizionz aren’t bleak. I ain’t worried.

So we’re going to go back to the class of 2014 to look for decoms who have done well...man you are reaching now. **** I guess Patrick Peterson and teddy bridge water we should include in their too huh?
Scarlett was trash, Rudolph was trash, I’ll give u moss he’s had a decent career, Gardner wasn’t all that great until a decent year last year. I mean how many more years are you going to go back to find something that fits ur narrative

My point is u Not that u can’t take visits but you’re not all about Miami when U have one foot out. Either way who cares. He’s gone and we’ll see if he has any kind of career.

Flemming is talented that's for sure. But it seems like the other in-state schools aren't really going after him either...I wonder why.

Advertisement
Still though it somehow only applies to us...so that theory of win and they will come is bs as proven by Nebraska and countless other times throughout the years

I don't know how that works. I think local kids have a different standard for us.
I'll tell you this....I would love to see what recruiting would look like if we could win consistently.
Make it to the ACC championship three years in a row....thats actual substance.(something we should be able to do)
Right now we are only selling dreams not substance.

So we’re going to go back to the class of 2014 to look for decoms who have done well...man you are reaching now. **** I guess Patrick Peterson and teddy bridge water we should include in their too huh?
Scarlett was trash, Rudolph was trash, I’ll give u moss he’s had a decent career, Gardner wasn’t all that great until a decent year last year. I mean how many more years are you going to go back to find something that fits ur narrative

My point is u Not that u can’t take visits but you’re not all about Miami when U have one foot out. Either way who cares. He’s gone and we’ll see if he has any kind of career.

Huh? Dude, you asked decommits and I rattled some off my head. LMAO! I’m not the one that went ambiguous w the statement. I don’t have to reach, bruh. I don’t create false narratives. Fact is, when a kid decommits, he’s chitted on by homers, whether that decommit was mutual or exclusive. Ive been here long enough. But back to you; If you would’ve said, name decommits from “said year” that went on and started, etc. then I would’ve brought that to the table.

Anyways, to your point, he’s gone, and hopefully we upgrade.

1574132613658.jpeg
interesting like

Advertisement
Ivins mentioned on the pod that he spoke to a power 5 coach 2 weeks ago and was told that the big concern with Fleming is that he doesn’t run routes well enough to get by being so small. Maybe that’s a concern with our staff as well. You never know. Most of us are just excited by his speed but I know a lot of 4.4 players that never amount to nothing because all they have is speed.

And he's going to have to block.

Advertisement
Huh? Dude, you asked decommits and I rattled some off my head. LMAO! I’m not the one that went ambiguous w the statement. I don’t have to reach, bruh. I don’t create false narratives. Fact is, when a kid decommits, he’s chitted on by homers, whether that decommit was mutual or exclusive. Ive been here long enough. But back to you; If you would’ve said, name decommits from “said year” that went on and started, etc. then I would’ve brought that to the table.

Anyways, to your point, he’s gone, and hopefully we upgrade.
Go back to this thread and see what the kids who have decommitted from here are doing now. This is what i said my man. there was a table done earlier in this thread and that was what i was referring to when i said go back in this thread. Anyways who cares he's gone, like you said i hope we upgrade.

You shouldn't be so hard on your team in hopes to be the guy who was right. It's ok to cheer for your team no matter what. Go ahead and try it.

Fleming is a pouty situational deep threat with limited positional skill. Pope was a better prospect and he's essentially a 2nd string situational deep threat in this offense. This is not a big loss - he probably would have transferred anyway when he wasn't getting early PT.

The obvious trend with WR recruiting is that Stubblefield (and likely Enos) prioritizes skill over athleticism. Worsham, Emilien and Lacy are all examples, and I want all 3. I'm sure the CIS box score/testing scout porsters will disagree and cry for more speed. We'll see who knows more about what traits are needed to be a good college WR - the Biletnikoff winner or the keyboard warriors.

Were you saying that about Fleming three weeks ago?
Honest question....not saying you weren't.
I just find it really funny that so many people here all the sudden today have a completely different opinion of Fleming.

Last edited:
That's because Marcus was all Miami until recently.

Stubbs chose Daz over Fleming that's what doesn't pass the smell test, you guys that worship the staff can spin & justify the decision if it makes you feel better, but the reality is he wanted to play here & only decided to decommit as of yesterday coming off a visit, up until then he had no plans on going anywhere else.

I guess we'll find out. If he ends up at a tier 1 football school we'll know it was a Miami thing. If not, it will be the opposite.

Don't kid yourself Flemming is a Jeff Thomas/Tutu Atwell talent. The difference between Jeff and Tutu is Louisville knows how to use Tutu I doubt from what I see especially with Jeff Thomas we will know how to use flemming good luck to the kid

Advertisement
Back