Flemming de-commits

Advertisement
Haha...Thanks I think.

And let it be said...Diaz does some things I like out of the blue sometimes. And obviously the recent offense uptick obviously has me optimistic

They are just making recruiting a lot tougher than it needs to be. Like who the **** is Stubbs to come in and go out of his way to not make Sofla a priority.

There is a formula here, it's not always gonna be easy til they start winning, but ya gotta stick to that proven formula. You are in a fertile recruiting ground, take advantage of it.
Why would he make south Florida a priority when most of these kids are looking for bags or just holding a spot why not go out of town or out of state for a receiver who wants to be here and has the talent to be here ?

Oh so you an OG, OG lol...

And he wasn't directly dropped, Manny doesn't tell players not to take visits, Manny wasn't even involved in his recruitment. Stubbs simply let the kid go because they had other WR's they liked more than Fleming, particularly Daz & Emilien. The only coach on staff that had any contact with Marcus over the last few months was Coach Field & that's because he's a former MNW coach & has relationship with them.

Marcus took the hint & reopened his commitment because it was clear Stubbs wasn't all in on him. Delancy being real close with Fleming been convincing him to check out Neb with him for months & this last weekend Marcus finally did.

Came to see what @Liberty City El had to say.... Not even mad anymore..it is what it is...Dude can Play but I'm gonna trust the coaching staff on this one...

Advertisement
Man, all I'm going to say is Stubbs needs to lock somebody up.

I do not want to hear th
**** optics at this point.

We walk on egg shells in SoFl and still get punked by kids.

Offer who you want, drop who you want. If we win they'll come. Enough of the home town team having to be everyone's best friend and offer them out of the womb or risk being 'disrespectful'.
I dont disagree necessarily IF we get the other guy.

Feels like we dont get the other guy and end up settling for a last min replacement.

If Stubbs brings in Dazalin or someone equivalent, most of this (not all) becomes moot.

Lol that's f*cking crazy ... and yet ... I think I may actually agree with you
Lol. I know. I was typing it and said I can’t believe I’m going to porst this...but I just look at Hippolite and Fleming and that’s all I need to know when you factor in everything else.

Advertisement
**** this is a tough one. I agree with Jassid that this has ‘don’t take visits or else’ written all over it. There is no way in **** Fleming actually wants to go to Nebraska. He’ll last no more than two years out there before he’s back home.

And no matter what, Manny was the ultimate decider to tell the staff to back off and let him go. He’s definitely trying to prove a point.

Ballsy move as I can respect what he’s trying to do to re-establish respect locally for a UM offer. We’ve been sh*t on repeatedly year after year by recruits and he was very clear last year that he was sick of it.

Don’t know that I would have fallen on my sword at the expense of this kid, though. This is the kind of move that will either make him a hero or a goat when we look back on it a couple years from now.

weve all been wrong on croots, Doesnt hurt us uch knowing we are not that high on him.... I personally wouldnt mind bigger recievers but love the occasional small guy like this one...not as mad knowing that this was a mutual decision
I thought LCE said this wasn’t so much a mutual decision as it was that Stubbs essentially ignored this kid away.

One thing is for sure the staff has been recruiting WRs like they have at least 1 or 2 spots open, one way or another they knew

Advertisement
But we gotta win;

U’re my guy right, and I respect u as a poster. Let me ask, prior to Shannon, any recollection of us having to walk on egg shells around So Fla recruits?
Appreciate it.

We do have to win, I agree. At this point it's about evaluations and talent development. Diaz will live and die by that, especially in the shark tank that is SoFl high school football recruiting (even Zach Smith said that each college that's invested in SoFl sends their BEST recruiter down here, every year).

I didn't follow recruiting when Shannon was around - just know we had the #1 class in the country one year because we basically took the entire MNW senior class (who busted), who were the #1 high school team in the country at the time I think?

Yea looks like we dropped him....I dont Get it

At the end of the day I still can’t see this kid going to Nebraska
Why not? They clearly want him, they can promise him early playing time and he'd be in a spread offence so would be able to rely on his speed to get open.

Advertisement
Kid has some major character issues. Was suspended from the spring game for hitting “someone” and has walked off the field during games because he got upset. Not to mention he is known for not being a big fan of the weight room. Very talented but could be a major headache

but but but the #MopesGonnaMope crew know everything and its all Stubbfield's fault.

We are feelings the effects of being irrelevant for the last 15 years. This is what south Florida is now. Bunch of mercenaries. Other teams have come down here and made their mark. Might as well get used to decommit U cause that’s what we’re going to be.

Nebraska has been as irrelevant as us without a national title to show for it.

This, guys can come up with all the excuses they want. This staff simply can't recruit. Manny couldn't recruit when Richt was the HC and now its essentially a whole staff that cannot recruit with the exception of the TE coach.

Complete **** show in recruiting right now.

We have an entire defense of 4* star recruits but he can't recruit? #MopesGonnaMope

Advertisement
Back