Flagg Officially Commits

Advertisement
I would like to know what is happening in Georgia too. And Alabama.
-uga only signed 5 of the top 30 prospects in Georgia.
-Only 2 in the top 10
-There was 7 5 stars in Georgia last year. They only signed 1 of them Travon walker.

Thing about them it didn’t effect them like that because they are recruiting at an elite level nationally. Regardless lot of talent leaving Georgia though

I would like to know what is happening in Georgia too. And Alabama.
The state of georgia had 40 4 stars or higher last year and uga signed just 5 of them. I counted nolan smith because he is from georgia not florida. There were 7 5 stars in georgia and uga got 1(2 of 8 if you count smith). The other 6 went to okla, aub, tenn, clem, osu, and mich.

Alabama signed 5 of the top 12 from instate. The state had just 15 4 stars.

-uga only signed 5 of the top 30 prospects in Georgia.
-Only 2 in the top 10
-There was 7 5 stars in Georgia last year. They only signed 1 of them Travon walker.

Thing about them it didn’t effect them like that because they are recruiting at an elite level nationally. Regardless lot of talent leaving Georgia though
This is a bit shocking to me.We can't keep them from taking the studs locally we want because of their bag game,yet they can't do the same for most of their instate talent.

Advertisement
It just goes to show you that the top kids everywhere look around. Kids have so many options these days- they don’t have to go to the hometown school. This is why it’s even more important for Miami to continue to expand the brand nationally. It’s already an established brand- winning will strengthen it. If we can pull even a couple of kids from Texas, LA, Alabama, Georgia and Cali and win we won’t have a problem recruiting.

He has to be first the sign of a narcissistic personality but it is good for us as he does provide useful information quite a bit. Throw him a fish for ego and he will go through a wall for it. I say this as a long term practicing psychologist with a masters.
I have an army of shrinks. I’m a big supporter of your profession.

This is a bit shocking to me.We can't keep them from taking the studs locally we want because of their bag game,yet they can't do the same for most of their instate talent.
We don’t know who they had ranked at the top of their board vs who they signed. As @brock mentioned, they’re pulling the elite of the elite from outside their state like Bama and Clem$on. I find it hard to consider what they’re doing to be a failure or equivalent to what we’ve been doing. They took TS and TC from us. Maybe they liked those guys better for their system than who they had available within Georgia???

Advertisement
Welcome aboard.

Great school to recruit in TX.

We got Dajleon Farr (TE) from there during the Coker years, but I think he transferred out.
Reaching further back...

Butch's first class...1995
Butch flipped TE Robert Hall from Tx AM
He ended up being a solid OT
North Shore is a very solid program

With the Big 12 being straight trash we need to start raiding Texas for talent. We should have no problem beating out OSU, TCU, etc. for recruits. We may even have a shot at competing with Texas for recruits. The only schools we can't go head to head with over there are TAMU and OU.
Why not? We used to...and not only when we were at the top.

Advertisement
He has to be first the sign of a narcissistic personality but it is good for us as he does provide useful information quite a bit. Throw him a fish for ego and he will go through a wall for it. I say this as a long term practicing psychologist with a masters.
Where do you practice? A friend told me years ago you cannot hold yourself out as a psychologist unless you have a Ph.D. Is that only true in clinical? My friend was a clinical psychologist practicing in DC and MD.

Advertisement
Throw in recent first round pick Devin Bush Jr. as well.

Shorter guys tend to have shorter arms and can miss tackles or struggle keeping blockers away. When you are at that disadvantage, you better have elite speed like Bush or elite instincts like Thomas with good short area burst.

You can be a great ILB with a poor 40 but great shuttle and short area quicks. I’d you struggle in the 40 and shuttle you will most likely get exposed unless your instincts are incredible or you guess a lot..... and correctly. Even then, with today’s wide open offenses, instincts will only take you so far.

Coach Baker did say Flagg day too. I guess they stop caring about the kids going public first once they commit.

Shorter guys tend to have shorter arms and can miss tackles or struggle keeping blockers away. When you are at that disadvantage, you better have elite speed like Bush or elite instincts like Thomas with good short area burst.

You can be a great ILB with a poor 40 but great shuttle and short area quicks. I’d you struggle in the 40 and shuttle you will most likely get exposed unless your instincts are incredible or you guess a lot..... and correctly. Even then, with today’s wide open offenses, instincts will only take you so far.
I guess your just going to avoid lances post about COLLEGE success when taking account said players measurables when they arrived

Advertisement
Back