Flagg Officially Commits

It should be noted that this was Clemson's reality for Dabo's first 5+ years.
1000%. People seem to think that Clemson has recruited at an elite level since Dabo has taken over, which is far from accurate. Even under Golden we outrecruited Dabo on occasion. I remember going to the Orange Bowl in 2012, and watching WVU embarrass Dabo's Clemson team. He slowly brought the team back and showed that an elite QB can make all the difference.

Advertisement
1000%. People seem to think that Clemson has recruited at an elite level since Dabo has taken over, which is far from accurate. Even under Golden we outrecruited Dabo on occasion. I remember going to the Orange Bowl in 2012, and watching WVU embarrass Dabo's Clemson team. He slowly brought the team back and showed that an elite QB can make all the difference.

Roster management + good coaching and evaluations + hitting on a stud QB = profit

No reason we couldn't take that trajectory

We've had **** roster management, coaching and evaluations for 15 years

Advertisement
Perryman is barely 5'11 and bush is 5'11. Flagg is supposedly 5'10. He must really be about 5'9 then.

Taller is taller... And Perryman wasn't a 4 star at 5'11" either so I'm not sure what you're even trying to say. Perryman would've been a 4 star if he were 6'1" ish as well IMO. He was right on the cusp rating wise. Rankings take into account the players perceived "pro potential" so things like height will keep most players like Flagg at 3.

Bush is an exception and even he wasn't a consensus 4 star. 247 had him as a 3 and his composite was 89.5. 89= 3 and 90=4. He's the definition of borderline 4 star.

Height isn't why he isn't a 4 star. Devin bush was a 4 star and perryman was almost a 4 star.

Your also talking about final rankings... if I need to spell it out for you we’re still in the summer before his senior year starts.

Also he’s moved up on 247s rankings since 6/15/19..... 357 spots!!! Dude is climbing up the rankings as evaluators are realizing what he lacks In a couple of inches he makes up for with superior instincts.

Kid a good one and might make it up to your lofty expectations of a 4star before he arrives if he produces a similar senior year to follow up that baller junior year

Your also talking about final rankings... if I need to spell it out for you we’re still in the summer before his senior year starts.

Also he’s moved up on 247s rankings since 6/15/19..... 357 spots!!! Dude is climbing up the rankings as evaluators are realizing what he lacks In a couple of inches he makes up for with superior instincts.

Kid a good one and might make it up to your lofty expectations of a 4star before he arrives if he produces a similar senior year to follow up that baller junior year
I dont care about him not being a 4 star. Cave isn't a 4 star and i like him a lot more. Hyppolite is a 3 star and i like him more. Yall guys hype up everybody and then when he can't get on the field you are going to be talking shît.

Hope it's flagg bc LB recruiting for 2020 is booty right now...If we don't get Flowe, this group is going to be subpar for such a position of need

Advertisement
Taller is taller... And Perryman wasn't a 4 star at 5'11" either so I'm not sure what you're even trying to say. Perryman would've been a 4 star if he were 6'1" ish as well IMO. He was right on the cusp rating wise. Rankings take into account the players perceived "pro potential" so things like height will keep most players like Flagg at 3.

Bush is an exception and even he wasn't a consensus 4 star. 247 had him as a 3 and his composite was 89.5. 89= 3 and 90=4. He's the definition of borderline 4 star.
You have to read before you reply. I didn't say perryman was a 4 star. And perryman is actually 5'10 but it isnt far of from 5'11 so they give it to him.

You have to read before you reply. I didn't say perryman was a 4 star. And perryman is actually 5'10 but it isnt far of from 5'11 so they give it to him.

You're right you did say 'almost' for Perryman. But you've just made my point really so what is your stance here? Height probably kept Perryman from a 4th star (his tape spoke for itself) and almost certainly will for Flagg.

And for the record I couldn't care less. It was more of a compliment to Flagg because he's a really good player.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find many blue chip 5'10" LBs when initially ranked coming out.

If you're just saying in general Flagg isn't very good and would be 3 stars regardless that's fine. We all have our opinions.

You're right you did say 'almost' for Perryman. But you've just made my point really so what is your stance here? Height probably kept Perryman from a 4th star (his tape spoke for itself) and almost certainly will for Flagg.

And for the record I couldn't care less. It was more of a compliment to Flagg because he's a really good player.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find many blue chip 5'10" LBs when initially ranked coming out.

If you're just saying in general Flagg isn't very good and would be 3 stars regardless that's fine. We all have our opinions.
Yes flagg is a 3 star player.

Advertisement
Hope he does commit. You don’t rack up those type of numbers at that level of competition without being able to ball. Him playing safety this spring and being competent in coverage sealed the deal for me. Not concerned with his height or number of stars.

Mathis, Flagg, Cave and Ruben is a successful LB cycle IMO (especially considering our need for numbers there) while hoping/praying/wishing for Flowe.

We're losing 3 starters in a defensive system designed perfectly for LB's to thrive in and are replacing them with small, slow 3 stars - Manny and Co. have completely botched the LB position.

Advertisement
It just goes to show you that the top kids everywhere look around. Kids have so many options these days- they don’t have to go to the hometown school. This is why it’s even more important for Miami to continue to expand the brand nationally. It’s already an established brand- winning will strengthen it. If we can pull even a couple of kids from Texas, LA, Alabama, Georgia and Cali and win we won’t have a problem recruiting.

THIS

He has pretty **** good film. Sure he’s 5’10 228 and reportedly ran a 4.92 but he definitely plays faster than what he tested on film.

Just a quick question but does anyone know if these linebackers we are going after are able to early enroll? We are definitely going to need few that can since we are losing 4 after this year
Zack Thomas of many Pro-Bowls at the Combine was 5-11 and 237 and ran a 4.85. What good is 4.5 speed with 6 second reactions?

Attachments

• Zack Thomas NFL Combine.jpg
    Zack Thomas NFL Combine.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
We're losing 3 starters in a defensive system designed perfectly for LB's to thrive in and are replacing them with small, slow 3 stars - Manny and Co. have completely botched the LB position.
Lol he's literally the only small or slow guy we have gottem in the last 2 classes and look at this dude.

Avery Huff - 6'3
Sam Brooks - 6'2
Alvin Mathis- 6'1

All run above average 40 times.

Advertisement
Back