Flagg Officially Commits

Good player but we need to save the last 2 LB spots for better athletes. I’m sure they are going to search the portal for a instant impact guy unless they can get flowe or the Simpson kid(Gus is getting fired for 7-5).

Advertisement
Good player but we need to save the last 2 LB spots for better athletes. I’m sure they are going to search the portal for a instant impact guy unless they can get flowe or the Simpson kid(Gus is getting fired for 7-5).
Hyppolite and Austin cave. Both of them are great athletes. If I’m not mistaken I think Aj Mathis Miami commit runs pretty well too

People complaining about not taking this kid are the same that if we miss out on Hyppolite, land Cave, but are stuck with only 2 LB’s and 2 reaches for the class and then they turn around and it’s “WhY DiDn’T we TaKe FlaGg WhEn hE WaNtEd iN tHiS StaFf is So DumB”.

Advertisement
e2cbdaa05cd18773307c24fba589e6dd.jpg

I just don’t understand how you guys obsess over a 40 yard dash but continue to ignore the fact that he played safety this spring and showed more in coverage then most HS LBs ever do. That plus his insane production at 1 of the highest levels of HS football has me excited about this kid. Give me a natural LB over a faster kid who does nothing but blitz every down. He’s going to have a lot of y’all eating crow in a year or 2. Him EE’ing is also huge.

Welcome to the U Corey!

Advertisement
I just don’t understand how you guys obsess over a 40 yard dash but continue to ignore the fact that he played safety this spring and showed more in coverage then most HS LBs ever do. That plus his insane production at 1 of the highest levels of HS football has me excited about this kid. Give me a natural LB over a faster kid who does nothing but blitz every down. He’s going to have a lot of y’all eating crow in a year or 2. Him EE’ing is also huge.

Welcome to the U Corey!

This. Someone else posted already but if you have zero instincts and take too many false steps you can run a 4.2 and still not be in position to make the tackle

This kid is a tackling machine who feels the game... Super excited to start getting more into my home state of Texas

Advertisement
Yup. This is one of the few offers I’m not impressed with at all. All the signs point to his best days being at the HS level. There were a few guys we didn't let commit last cycle that seem to have much higher ceilings than this guy. I’m just hoping this doesn’t effect Cave’s decision or the staff’s push on Cave in any way shape or form. Cave looks like a stud.
Lol based off what? How much game film have you broke down of this kid? What type of worker is he? What kind of personality does he have? Why do you feel this kids best days are behind him? How can you tell that he's already peaked at 17 years old?

Welcome to the U Corey!
Man ppl who never played are the ones so enamored with the 40 times. It’s like they think the only way he can make plays inside 10 yards mainly, is to run a good 40 time 😂. If the LB ever runs a 40 yard dash in the game, somebody’s running a TD on us... and he’s in chase mode.

Advertisement
Hyppolite and Austin cave. Both of them are great athletes. If I’m not mistaken I think Aj Mathis Miami commit runs pretty well too
A class of hyppolite, austin cave, mathis, and flagg would be ideal. Flagg is probably the most polished understanding the game but the other 3 are great athletes. Mathis is overgrown safety and yes he does run well I think 4.6

I've re-watched his junior HUDL highlights twice, and looked at the highlights of him playing DB this spring. He's got excellent instincts. But he's just not fast enough. He doesn't even have great burst, tbh. I thought I'd see that given he's got a decent if not elite shuttle time. I do think he reads exceptionally well, is smooth, swims through traffic well, and those skills counts for a lot. But he's not fast.

I didn't like the Jennings take because he was too slow to cover his territory against quality P5 teams. I don't really like Flagg's take either. We're graduating the best MLB in the ACC, and replacing him with kids who are less athletic. They can probably get the job done in the Coastal. But big-time opponents will exploit a talent gap.

Advertisement
Back