Fixing the OL Fast!

Advertisement
You messed up OP, Hedley is the do everything guy. ST's punter, LB, why not OT and a little QB. He'l just scare people with his Tattoos, how could you miss that! 60 Minutes of Hedley!

Ok guys I want you to hear me out...

*Boys come running through the smoke. All of a sudden you hear over the speakers

"Starting at left tackle, for the most important game of the year...

IMG_0011.jpg

NESTA SILVERA!!!!

Advertisement
All of the negative comments above highlight the thoughtlessness of some of the posters on here.

The overwhelming majority of Freshmen do not perform well in their first couple of games. Zion may be talented & his weight may have increased to 285 lbs since arriving at Miami but....he is a Freshman & will likely struggle mightily against a good UF defense in a high profile opener.

Sometimes in business & in life you have to think outside the box (ahead of time) to prevent disasters. I'm concerned about the young guys set to play OT against UF. They are not Juniors or seniors but a true Freshman etc.

Players do play both ways in high school. One of our DL may have done so and may be good on the OL. He also may be more mature both physically & mentally.

I'm surprised at the complete lack of intelligent suggestions on here. There are some good ones: (1) sliding Scaife to OT and (2) using two TEs and the RBs to chip. But most of the replies are just insulting. I understand that most people "stay between the lines" in life and cannot think outside of the box to find solutions but I'm still surprised at how incredibly basic most of the responses are.

My IQ is totally fine. After attending Miami, I graduated with honors from the Wharton School of Business (oldest and #1 ranked business school in the world) and worked at elite hedge funds in NY (AUM in excess of $25 Billion). I also saved one of the biggest drug store chains from bankruptcy out of court in a highly successful $3+ billion restructuring & refinancing deal that won multiple Deal-of-the-Year awards on Wall Street for THE best deal of the year. What you got?

What's wrong with having an intelligent & creative discussion? I'm sensing there will be a problem at OT. What about thinking outside the box to fix it.

I'm confident we'll get solid QB play this season from one the three.

My sense is our DT group will surprise to the upside (at minimum be solid). The D will be stout in aggregate.

Which brings us to the OL. A lot of us have concerns that our OTs are young & may not perform at a high level in the opener.

If you were the HC, what would you do to address this? We've heard Zion is talented but he is just a Frosh & at around 270 he's still filling out. There also seems to be concern about Kai-Leon at the other OT spot.

If I were the HC, I'd have the most experienced & physically imposing players on the field for the opener...or this may be the reason we lose. At minimum, the coaches should have Plan B & Plan C ready to implement fairly early during the first quarter if our young OTs struggle early.

Would you put one of the more experienced Guards at one of the OT spots (Scaife, Reed or Donaldson)?

Could any of our current DTs play both ways (or at least at OT)? Anyone feeling a little Nesta at OT for the Opener?

Would hate to see this cost us the game. What would you do to address this situation?
😂😂😂😂😂😂

Advertisement
All of the negative comments above highlight the thoughtlessness of some of the posters on here.

The overwhelming majority of Freshmen do not perform well in their first couple of games. Zion may be talented & his weight may have increased to 285 lbs since arriving at Miami but....he is a Freshman & will likely struggle mightily against a good UF defense in a high profile opener.

Sometimes in business & in life you have to think outside the box (ahead of time) to prevent disasters. I'm concerned about the young guys set to play OT against UF. They are not Juniors or seniors but a true Freshman etc.

Players do play both ways in high school. One of our DL may have done so and may be good on the OL. He also may be more mature both physically & mentally.

I'm surprised at the complete lack of intelligent suggestions on here. There are some good ones: (1) sliding Scaife to OT and (2) using two TEs and the RBs to chip. But most of the replies are just insulting. I understand that most people "stay between the lines" in life and cannot think outside of the box to find solutions but I'm still surprised at how incredibly basic most of the responses are.

My IQ is totally fine. After attending Miami, I graduated with honors from the Wharton School of Business (oldest and #1 ranked business school in the world) and worked at elite hedge funds in NY (AUM in excess of $25 Billion). I also saved one of the biggest drug store chains from bankruptcy out of court in a highly successful $3+ billion restructuring & refinancing deal that won multiple Deal-of-the-Year awards on Wall Street for THE best deal of the year. What you got?

What's wrong with having an intelligent & creative discussion? I'm sensing there will be a problem at OT. What about thinking outside the box to fix it.

If someone from a football board started posting novice, ridiculous ideas in a wall street message board you'd probably have a similar reaction.

If someone from a football board started posting novice, ridiculous ideas in a wall street message board you'd probably have a similar reaction.
This is totally incorrect^^. There have been some very successful position changes (that posters on here would have ridiculed) like Warren Sapp being moved from TE (which he was recruited to play at Miami) to DT. You wouldn't have supported that either. He went on to win multiple awards at the college level and made the Pro Bowl seven times in the NFL (where he had a HOF-type career including winning Defensive Player of the Year and many, many other awards). Would you have called Dennis Erickson and the coaches that moved him novices? They won two MNCs and had an incredibly innovative offense that was cutting edge at the time.

Attached are all the awards Sapp won in college & the NFL (it's a staggering list and again, he was a TE that was moved to DT -- crazy, right??).

Some people just are clearly incapable of thinking outside the box.

Attachments

• Image-1 (5).jpg
    Image-1 (5).jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Image-1 (4).jpg
    Image-1 (4).jpg
    371 KB · Views: 2
I mean we don’t necessarily need offensive tackles, right? Maybe Enos can just scheme around poor line play by using the the swinging gate as the base offensive look.

Advertisement
With playing against a top 10 D every day in practice and being open minded with what each OL player needs to do to improve with excellent coaching.

We all will be pleasantly surprised at the impressive play of our OL as a unit , keeping them together 24-7 building a cohesive unit of just a look or a feeling how to execute together.

Together with the mindset refusing to be beaten and picking each other up , we just may have pretty darn good OL.

GOCANES

I'm confident we'll get solid QB play this season from one the three.

My sense is our DT group will surprise to the upside (at minimum be solid). The D will be stout in aggregate.

Which brings us to the OL. A lot of us have concerns that our OTs are young & may not perform at a high level in the opener.

If you were the HC, what would you do to address this? We've heard Zion is talented but he is just a Frosh & at around 270 he's still filling out. There also seems to be concern about Kai-Leon at the other OT spot.

If I were the HC, I'd have the most experienced & physically imposing players on the field for the opener...or this may be the reason we lose. At minimum, the coaches should have Plan B & Plan C ready to implement fairly early during the first quarter if our young OTs struggle early.

Would you put one of the more experienced Guards at one of the OT spots (Scaife, Reed or Donaldson)?

Could any of our current DTs play both ways (or at least at OT)? Anyone feeling a little Nesta at OT for the Opener?

Would hate to see this cost us the game. What would you do to address this situation?
What in the total fvck?

Advertisement
You messed up OP, Hedley is the do everything guy. ST's punter, LB, why not OT and a little QB. He'l just scare people with his Tattoos, how could you miss that! 60 Minutes of Hedley!
I thought it was done deal that he would trot out for the coin toss? :sneakiness:

Look, you need to stop putting your resume online and shut the **** up.

You may be good at business, but you lost all football credibility when you proposed putting Nesta Silvera, a defensive lineman who just had surgery for a broken foot and will be out for 6-8 weeks, into our starting offensive line for a game against a top 10 opponent in 3 weeks.

You may be book-smart, but you are a football idiot. Or a troll.

Either way, just post less in the future.

Advertisement
Back