Fixing the OL Fast!

We've got 3 QBs and they all know the playbook. Why not get whomever ends up third to play LT?

If just throwing unworkable ideas out, I'd like to contribute.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm confident we'll get solid QB play this season from one the three.

My sense is our DT group will surprise to the upside (at minimum be solid). The D will be stout in aggregate.

Which brings us to the OL. A lot of us have concerns that our OTs are young & may not perform at a high level in the opener.

If you were the HC, what would you do to address this? We've heard Zion is talented but he is just a Frosh & at around 270 he's still filling out. There also seems to be concern about Kai-Leon at the other OT spot.

If I were the HC, I'd have the most experienced & physically imposing players on the field for the opener...or this may be the reason we lose. At minimum, the coaches should have Plan B & Plan C ready to implement fairly early during the first quarter if our young OTs struggle early.

Would you put one of the more experienced Guards at one of the OT spots (Scaife, Reed or Donaldson)?

Could any of our current DTs play both ways (or at least at OT)? Anyone feeling a little Nesta at OT for the Opener?

Would hate to see this cost us the game. What would you do to address this situation?

O Line is young ?!? We have dudes in their 3rd year in the program. It's time to perform or GTFOH. No reason why a sleeper, under the radar true freshman should be starting over 4 * OL recruits in their 3rd year on campus

My sense is our DT group will surprise to the upside (at minimum be solid). The D will be stout in aggregate.

Which brings us to the OL. A lot of us have concerns that our OTs are young & may not perform at a high level in the opener.

If you were the HC, what would you do to address this? We've heard Zion is talented but he is just a Frosh & at around 270 he's still filling out. There also seems to be concern about Kai-Leon at the other OT spot.

If I were the HC, I'd have the most experienced & physically imposing players on the field for the opener...or this may be the reason we lose. At minimum, the coaches should have Plan B & Plan C ready to implement fairly early during the first quarter if our young OTs struggle early.

Would you put one of the more experienced Guards at one of the OT spots (Scaife, Reed or Donaldson)?

Could any of our current DTs play both ways (or at least at OT)? Anyone feeling a little Nesta at OT for the Opener?

Would hate to see this cost us the game. What would you do to address this situation?
Zion is 285lbs and everything else u said, i just have to ask are u alright?

I thought we were using a fullback..Another big body in the backfield..

Advertisement
All this "struggling" is pure speculation. No video = no evidence to support these claims of the o line being bad again. I'll use my own eyes rather than barry jackson's creepy pair to evaluate our line.

Lmao 🤣

Advertisement
let's just put the whole o line on the d line and put the d line on the o line

move knowles to quarterback as well

Advertisement
Continue to use the tight ends and keep them in to max protect to help out the weakest tackle you have. I’m glad we’re high on Zion but I think you go with a more experienced guy their and supplement the running backs in the passing game when you keep the tight ends to help on pass protection. IMO

I would feel better if we fired the OL and hired a second DL coach to coach the new OL that is made from parts of the DL.

I’m seriously confused. Was this serious? Does he really mean this?

I hate calling ppl troll just bc I don’t agree with them but this just smells like a troll

Advertisement
Back