Fixing the OL Fast!

Canegrad89

Recruit
I'm confident we'll get solid QB play this season from one the three.

My sense is our DT group will surprise to the upside (at minimum be solid). The D will be stout in aggregate.

Which brings us to the OL. A lot of us have concerns that our OTs are young & may not perform at a high level in the opener.

If you were the HC, what would you do to address this? We've heard Zion is talented but he is just a Frosh & at around 270 he's still filling out. There also seems to be concern about Kai-Leon at the other OT spot.

If I were the HC, I'd have the most experienced & physically imposing players on the field for the opener...or this may be the reason we lose. At minimum, the coaches should have Plan B & Plan C ready to implement fairly early during the first quarter if our young OTs struggle early.

Would you put one of the more experienced Guards at one of the OT spots (Scaife, Reed or Donaldson)?

Could any of our current DTs play both ways (or at least at OT)? Anyone feeling a little Nesta at OT for the Opener?

Would hate to see this cost us the game. What would you do to address this situation?

Advertisement

My sense is our DT group will surprise to the upside (at minimum be solid). The D will be stout in aggregate.

Which brings us to the OL. A lot of us have concerns that our OTs are young & may not perform at a high level in the opener.

If you were the HC, what would you do to address this? We've heard Zion is talented but he is just a Frosh & at around 270 he's still filling out. There also seems to be concern about Kai-Leon at the other OT spot.

If I were the HC, I'd have the most experienced & physically imposing players on the field for the opener...or this may be the reason we lose. At minimum, the coaches should have Plan B & Plan C ready to implement fairly early during the first quarter if our young OTs struggle early.

Would you put one of the more experienced Guards at one of the OT spots (Scaife, Reed or Donaldson)?

Could any of our current DTs play both ways (or at least at OT)? Anyone feeling a little Nesta at OT for the Opener?

Would hate to see this cost us the game. What would you do to address this situation?

Nesta in a walking boot playing LT. I wasn't following you until you dropped that idea.

Now, I'm In.

Advertisement

I definitely wouldn’t listen to fans who think our OL talent is good because we have a few kids who were overrated in HS.

Whether we admit it now or not, Scaife is going to be at tackle sometime soon. We can cover for an ok OG better than two unprepared OTs.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

The Gaytord's Df was ranked 28th last year. I thought from all the noise people were talking like they were ranked in the top ten. If our OF can continue to improve against our defense i think we should be in good shape against the Gates. Especially since they had some guys in trouble and may not play as well as some from their defense last year moved on.

Now our DF should pose a huge problem for them and thier OF if we can contain Feleipe Franks in the pocket and make him beat us with his arm and not let him run!! I think Vegas got this wrong. i'm take Miami and the 8 points for sure!!

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

Advertisement
The Gaytord's Df was ranked 28th last year. I thought from all the noise people were talking like they were ranked in the top ten. If our OF can continue to improve against our defense i think we should be in good shape against the Gates. Especially since they had some guys in trouble and may not play as well as some from their defense last year moved on.

Now our DF should pose a huge problem for them and thier OF if we can contain Feleipe Franks in the pocket and make him beat us with his arm and not let him run!! I think Vegas got this wrong. i'm take Miami and the 8 points for sure!!

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

38th in opponent’s YPP when looking only at games vs FBS teams. Aka, they ain’t shlt

Advertisement
I was thinking we could put Nesta at Viper. Take advantage of his lean build.

Better get that easy money from Vegas! Sh#^T bout to hit the fan!!
Did I say the Gates were terrible against the run? Not even in the top 50!! Why are we worried about this game?? Like Lionel Richie would say.. Our backs should eat "all night long". All Night!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back