Five-star WR JoJo Trader commits to Miami

After reading this thread I think Jojo comes an takes George's spot and I really like George he was my favorite WR his year coming in. And maybe this is the answer to our WR problems without a portal WR move George to X Horton is probably a better back up. Jojo at Z with Carr behind him and Slot X an Ray ray..
If anything, I think we saw George take a major step this past year, PF transgressions sucked, but overall improved. I think the comp will help him excel even further solidifying his starting spot.

Advertisement
If anything, I think we saw George take a major step this past year, PF transgressions sucked, but overall improved. I think the comp will help him excel even further solidifying his starting spot.
I feel u as I said I like George alot. I really really wanna know how people feel about him moving to x receiver? I definitely don't think a kid who had 800 plus yards should be benched or spot takin by a freshman immediately anyway. Just wonder if he could handle that move as I think imo Jojo could give us what George gives us at Z if not better

Sure, now think of it like in the NFL, when you pay a QB top dollar, how much is left over for everyone else?
Cam Ward is the answer on offense. A great QB + Great OLine will lead to a successful offense. You don't need a proven Superstar WR in Spring, we have a lot of talent at the position already. Sure if the young guys aren't ready then we should go for someone, but imo that isn't the biggest need on this team at all.

There are clear and obvious bigger concerns at TE, and throughout the defense - at least as far as unproven guys at LB, DB is mostly a question mark still imo... DLine is very talented, but I'd say DT could still go either way.

I'd argue focusing the rest of whatever portal activity and NIL resources on Defense does meet the the definition of going all in.
Depends on the quality of WR imo, couple years ago a stacked team lost the title because their bluechip backups couldn't replace Metchie and Jameson Williams. If the WR is good enough then the whole is greater than the sum of the parts when added to a playmaker QB - opens up more deep shots, forces the defense into bracket coverage, changes the game.

Now if we are talking another slot WR then I think we have that covered with Restrepo and the young guys.

we need a portal guyw ith production to add to the group. You dont add this type of qb and dont give him full ingredients....expecially when the te and rb positions have been non factors in the pass game....

would love if he is still here to get Parrish and Chris Johnson more receptions. Parrish should have 20 receptions at minimum

Depends on the quality of WR imo, couple years ago a stacked team lost the title because their bluechip backups couldn't replace Metchie and Jameson Williams. If the WR is good enough then the whole is greater than the sum of the parts when added to a playmaker QB - opens up more deep shots, forces the defense into bracket coverage, changes the game.

Now if we are talking another slot WR then I think we have that covered with Restrepo and the young guys.
Difference between playing an entire year with WRs and using one game where they were without the starters as the defense.

Look I think WR is probably the 2nd or 3rd most important position on offense behind QB, and OT. I’d say WR could be above OT too. It’s basically the decision Bengals made of Chase over Sewell. We see how that decision may be going in the Lions favor right now… but ultimately it worked for both, so the point is they are pretty equal position values. The rest WR is clearly above on offense.

However this wasn’t me saying I’d like Safety or Lb or whatever other position to be stronger than WR. This is me saying A) I don’t expect a stud WR to come available in spring, B) I’m confident in our current WR group to at least be Good to great compared to our competition, C) I think we currently have more holes and doubts littered throughout our Defense. D) the money is not unlimited, and I’d bet that whatever portal WR we can lure on a per dollar basis will not provide as much increased Value / WinsAboveReplacement as a quality defensive portal player or two… basically spending $250k on our current defense (1-2 players) will lead to more additional wins than spending $250k on an additional WR (1 player only as wr is more costly)

Advertisement
we need a portal guyw ith production to add to the group. You dont add this type of qb and dont give him full ingredients....expecially when the te and rb positions have been non factors in the pass game....

would love if he is still here to get Parrish and Chris Johnson more receptions. Parrish should have 20 receptions at minimum
20? Lol he drop 15 of em. Cmon man.

Lotta mouths to feed in the RB room. I see 2 guys leaving post spring and it might be the two you listed.

Citizen the most talented, but least exp due to 2 year injury.

Fletcher has the most exp and production, but coming off injury

Allen has the best feet and if he can be patient and follow blockers he’s a threat to score

That leaves Parish, Johnson, and Lyle.

Gonna be interesting to see how the depth chart shakes out

I could see him backing up Jacolby this year at the Z. That would keep him off the line and sometimes in motion to help with getting jammed. Once he gets physically stronger and better at beating press he could be pretty dangerous at X with the way he tracks and catches the ball once its in the air.
He’s got the ball skills to play at X

Advertisement
Difference between playing an entire year with WRs and using one game where they were without the starters as the defense.

Look I think WR is probably the 2nd or 3rd most important position on offense behind QB, and OT. I’d say WR could be above OT too. It’s basically the decision Bengals made of Chase over Sewell. We see how that decision may be going in the Lions favor right now… but ultimately it worked for both, so the point is they are pretty equal position values. The rest WR is clearly above on offense.

However this wasn’t me saying I’d like Safety or Lb or whatever other position to be stronger than WR. This is me saying A) I don’t expect a stud WR to come available in spring, B) I’m confident in our current WR group to at least be Good to great compared to our competition, C) I think we currently have more holes and doubts littered throughout our Defense. D) the money is not unlimited, and I’d bet that whatever portal WR we can lure on a per dollar basis will not provide as much increased Value / WinsAboveReplacement as a quality defensive portal player or two… basically spending $250k on our current defense (1-2 players) will lead to more additional wins than spending $250k on an additional WR (1 player only as wr is more costly)
If the WR is just a jag or jag-plus they shouldn't bother.

The scenario where I see LB or DB pickups impacting wins is a depth scenario where there are a lot of injuries and then the extra LB and DB signings help them avoid putting inexperienced or trash guys on the field in important spots.

The NFL capology on the premium positions being QB, LT, WR, DE is probably correct at the high end college level as well and the Canes are properly resource allocated there which is good.

I assume their cap for this season is on the higher end, similar to how Ole Miss just spent at a level that they will not be able to repeat every year. If a difference maker becomes available Canes Connection will probably find the money.

He’s got the ball skills to play at X
del bosque soccer GIF by Fusion

Advertisement
U explained it better than I could lol. If jojo gets significant snaps this year it’s because KB sharpened his abilities very quickly or Jojo pure athleticism just rises above everything else he needs to work on

He isn’t ready day 1 but hopefully by early to mid season we see him crack the rotation. His ball skills(⏸️) and hands are top tier tho imo
Guess I’m going have to disagree. Who do we have that’s better than him ? Hes the best wr on our team day 1 .

Advertisement
20? Lol he drop 15 of em. Cmon man.

Lotta mouths to feed in the RB room. I see 2 guys leaving post spring and it might be the two you listed.

Citizen the most talented, but least exp due to 2 year injury.

Fletcher has the most exp and production, but coming off injury

Allen has the best feet and if he can be patient and follow blockers he’s a threat to score

That leaves Parish, Johnson, and Lyle.

Gonna be interesting to see how the depth chart shakes out
Same thing I was thinking. People mention utilizing te & rb in passing game like they don't see how many drops we had from each position. Te I would definitely like to see more creativity out of the route tree. But can you really blame Dawson when between Riley and Mccormick they were dropping the ball more often then they caught it. Would've loved to see things work out with skinner. Water under the bridge.

lol TVD was allergic to a check down

Advertisement
Back