2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The money’s too much. I’m told essentially that he’s plenty interested if we have that same $.
I was told that NIL was going to position Miami and other big city universities to wipe their *** with these hay-seed hickvilles. Wtf

Advertisement
I was told that NIL was going to position Miami and other big city universities to wipe their *** with these hay-seed hickvilles. Wtf
In the moral and legal sense of the idea, it would. In its current state, without regulation and it just being another name for bags, it helps whoever likes to drop bags.

Advertisement
True. My point is that we have a tendency to go to the extreme poles. I think the truth is in the middle: we will be in it for some we otherwise wouldn’t, and we will be eliminated for others that we might have had a better chance with
NIL is also still in a nascent stage, I think the big advantages will emerge for schools like Miami and SC down the road. You just saw it kinda happen for Malachi. I think right now NIL is mostly schools reaching out to alumni to help fund this. As we saw with Malachi, and even then Im sure alumni are involved, it showed a business seeing the value of his name. An example down the road would be if Garcia blows up is 21 and all of sudden he has deals with alcohol companies that also coincide with the nightlife in Miami. As well as deals with other corporations who are willing to pay because of his reach in a big market such Miami/Dade. Best belief Harbaugh and Ann Arbor being 40 minutes from Detroit would look to take advantage of car companies throwing money around. Imagine Charles Woodson if NIL was around... I can just see him signing a big deal with Caddy as Woodson is the Cadillac of CBs and so forth.

Unfortunately Miami, is still at disadvantage with current state NIL laws. We are in the best position we've been in 15 years but we still are not a top 10 NIL school.

Advertisement
Super late. I don’t know how I missed this so I’ll hold off for now
New York Smh GIF by New York Knicks

I thought the same thing UNTIL I saw Malachi Nelson is getting his NIL money that USC offered him immediately from the company. The 1M a year deal starts his Sr year of HS. Then it started to all make sense. These kids are finding out if they take summer OVs and commit early..there could be a chance they get their first installment of the NIL deal immediately in HS. Who wouldnt want to take that deal? Why wait?
Not legal in all states - Florida for instance

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back