2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last visit true but in a battle to close, objectively, Mario vs Heupel ? I like our chances.
Heupel’s offense doesn’t seem like system that attracts OT talent. They are more there to get in the way long enough for the QB to make the first read. Am I wrong on this?

Advertisement
Heupel’s offense doesn’t seem like system that attracts OT talent. They are more there to get in the way long enough for the QB to make the first read. Am I wrong on this?
I think Mario & Mirabals pedigree wins out here, especially considering two years ago having another Poly kid drafted top 10 at his position has to impact him at least on some level.

I love how the break off was right at 15 years lol. Not 13, not 10, not five.
View attachment 188393

Accept Season 4 GIF by Billions

A lot of things aren’t gonna make any sense with the ridiculous nil stuff going on.
Not only is the NCAA not caring about what’s going on with nil but they’re not even in the picture right now from what I’m getting.

Advertisement
Yeah, Vinny chit the bed that game as well. Just doing some research in the time vault; I was well aware of 1986, but had no idea about 1985.

We were 8 point favorites entering the Sugar Bowl. We were ranked #2 w/ PSU being #1. UTK was ranked #8. We started hot taking a 7-0 lead, and then the wheels fell off. Vinny & the O got completely manhandled. What’s more sad, had we won, w/ PSU losing to #3 OU, & us beating OU during the season, at the very least we split the Nat’l title that yr. So in essence, Vinny cost Jimmy 2 Nat’l titles by his game play in the final game in ‘85, & ‘86.

It’s crazy to imagine JJ could’ve & should’ve had 4 titles in 5 yrs; ‘85, ‘86 (heavy favorites), ‘88 (blown call). Smh
Tennessee Sugar Bowl loss was a team effort. The Vols blitzed all night and Miami was unprepared, didn’t or couldn’t adjust. Few teams had blitzed Miami that season. 75K pro-$EC crowd was very loud and caused problems with audibles.

The team took Tennessee lightly, claiming a NC if OU beat PSU. Forgot they had to beat Tennessee first.

That was so long ago….I’m still miffed at the 10-6 loss to the Vols the OB in 2003. I can clearly see Winslow Jr wide open in the end zone late in the game, but Berlin missed him and threw a game-losing pick. Winslow’s “I’m a soldier!” post-game locker room breakdown.

Last edited:
Tennessee Sugar Bowl loss was a team effort. The Vols blitzed all night and Miami was unprepared, didn’t or couldn’t adjust. Few teams had blitzed Miami that season. 75K pro-$EC crowd was very loud and caused problems with audibles.

The team took Tennessee lightly, claiming a NC of OU beat PSU. Forgot they had to beat Tennessee first.

That was so long ago….I’m still miffed at the 10-6 loss to the Vols the OB in 2003. I can clearly see Winslow Jr wide open in the end zone late in the game, but Berlin missed him and threw a game-losing pick. Winslow’s “I’m a soldier!” post-game locker room breakdown.

Man, oh man..that game on 11/08/03. I was actually supposed to be at the game, but my cousin went into early labor & it was touch & go. My frat from college was giving me text updates while we were at the hospital (pre-unlimited text era). Man, I still remember the msgs; I literally thought I lost reception after the 3rd quarter b/c we were stuck on 10-6! Then I get a phone call & he just goes in about Winslow was wide open & Berlin missed him, just flat out missed him!!

Ughhhh, even during our dominant yrs we had some inexplicable painful, head scratching, what if moments.

Man, oh man..that game on 11/08/03. I was actually supposed to be at the game, but my cousin went into early labor & it was touch & go. My frat from college was giving me text updates while we were at the hospital (pre-unlimited text era). Man, I still remember the msgs; I literally thought I lost reception after the 3rd quarter b/c we were stuck on 10-6! Then I get a phone call & he just goes in about Winslow was wide open & Berlin missed him, just flat out missed him!!

Ughhhh, even during our dominant yrs we had some inexplicable painful, head scratching, what if moments.
Yep. 2nd and goal at the 10. Oops. Forced a punt but Sean fumbled.

The wheels were starting to come off. The roster had fewer Butch recruits, and all-timers on offense, like Dorsey, Andre, Willis, had left. Gore was injured again. Winslow was a playmaker, but the team has four turnovers, two interceptions and two fumbles.

Defense was still excellent, NC caliber. Tennessee had 170 total yards.

With a ‘good’ offense the Canes might have played for a NC.

Oh well. On to 2022!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami- “I’m very close with the Miami staff because I was close with them when they were at Oregon. I developed a great relationship with coach ristobal and coach Mirabal (OL coach). I talk to them all the time but it’s not just them, I feel someone from the staff reaches out to me every day. Coach Cristobal is a former OL coach and I like that. Having a strong offensive line has always been important to him and it’s something that he emphasizes. Plus I got my guy Jaleel Skinner over there too and I always have a good time on the Miami campus and feel at home.”

View attachment 188386
Guess Payton was serious when he said he and an IMG guy would be visiting together. I’m feeling more confident about Payton now. I wouldn’t count out Samuel M’Pemba either. Visiting. Not committing.

The team took Tennessee lightly, claiming a NC if OU beat PSU. Forgot they had to beat Tennessee first.

I will never forget that game in 03 smh

Greg Biggins says he feels Bama has the lead. (Not sure if I'm allowed to post the screen shot in here)

This guy and the Finnish guy i feel real strong about. Even though they are some big time battles. I was gonna say we have the opportunity to recruit players who maybe starting playoff games for us on that OL in 2 or 3 years but with the portal u never know.

Advertisement

Believe it or not, the UT loss hurt me more than the PSU implosion in the Fiesta. I was an insufferable, ****y Cane fan all year while going to school in the heart of Vol country. Ate plenty of doses of humble pie for the following months from Vol, Tide and $EC fans.

Advertisement

There’s no reason why a top OT wouldn’t want to play in that offense. But you’re right that it’s an offense that helps mitigate the need for elite OTs.

Whereas the veer and shoot has traditional needed big time OGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back