First words from Lashlee as Cane, why he came, what he needs to do to get DBC back

I like him already. He's saying what I've been preaching all off season.

Lashlee: "Whoever our quarterback is going to be is going to has to earn the respect of his teammates. If those guys trust you and believe in you, because you've earned it, they're going to play better and harder around you."

Lashlee: "We've got to have quarterbacks who are willing to come in and be selfless, to be team guys, do whatever it takes for us to get the ball in the end zone and earn the respect of their teammates. Throwing the ball, making the right reads, getting the ball where it needs to go, all that stuff is important. But if they don't have the respect of their teammates, it doesn't matter. We're looking for someone who can earn that right, to be our leader. "

Tate gone.

Advertisement
Miami OLine needs to be much much better.. I'm sorry in order for our CANES to be relevant and a contender, Miami Needs a Much Much Better OLINE.. WE NEED GUYS WHO CAN BLOCK, nothing good can happen on offense without a solid OLine.. SO Miami needs to fix this OLine FIRST, NOW IF this new OC can find a way to make the OLine work for his Offense, then maybe... BUT LIKE I SAID, this Miami OLine needs to be fixed..

I'll put money down that our o-line is statistically 3x better this year.

1) They will improve over the off season

2) They won't be forced to wait for 10 seconds for a play to develop.

3) Defenses will not be as fast throughout the game given the speed of the play calls, this will equalize things a bit.

Im not a spread offensive guy, but this guy sounds to me like he has more steve spurrier in em than anything else. It was always comical to me how people just looked at spurrier as if he was just a *** happy coach, and nobody comes to mind who i ever heard complained about him being the headcoach and oc, but spurrier stayed having some of the best runningbacks in college football, from emmitt to graham to taylor than while at South Carolina he had lattimore, defenses knew they had to stop everything! This guy lashlee said something that proves how far ahead Miami and the whole State of Florida football philosophy has been for the longest when he said:

Coach lashlee:
"I think games nowadays are won and lost not as much on how many yards are gained or not gained, but on a couple things, like explosive plays and negative plays. We've got to create a lot of explosive plays and we should have the athletes to be able to do that; staying on the field on money downs, like third and fourth down and then scoring touchdowns in the red zone".

That's basically what we been doing to college football for years, bombing people and than tearing em up with the run. The fact that this guy is talking about "we will have an identity, cause you cant be all over the place" he's already anti enos already. Anybody that has a set of twins, that's one thing, but to have 2 sets of twins, im placing my money on the 2 sets of twins guy, by the way, use the tightends.

This guy definitely did not try and b.s. his way to the job, when he said "that's our job as coaches, is to "solve problems" take notes coach diaz, get out of the blaming the players business and start solving problems.

Also, like he said, and which is why i said out the gate, even when transfer tate came here, and with jw15's waffling ***, i said perry should be the starter, one, his teammates respect him, he's never waffled or even tried to dip out on his teammates, and he's definitely a winner, and has heart, if coach lashlee can get perry to speed up, cause one things for certain, perry has that killer instinct inside, and with rhett, i can tell this guy understands exactly what needs to happen, and has offensive common sense, so coach diaz, GTF out the way, you went with the waffler as your starter, and for the wrong reasons, rhett knows what time it is from a mental standpoint.

Advertisement
From what I've read there won't be anymore prima donnas in that locker room.I like lashlee fast and physical remark in fact that use to be our trademark back in the day.hope Manny stays out of lashlees way or doesn't interfere.

I promised myself not to get excited for the season.

But here I am, middle of January, already anxiously waiting for the upcoming season to start.
Why did I read this interview? I´ll never learn......

Attachments

• db75b61eb2962ab15892ab1faa3950b9.jpg
    db75b61eb2962ab15892ab1faa3950b9.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 6
I wouldn't have told the QBs it's a clean slate. I'd have told them, "You ***** up one more time and I'll shove your *** into the portal myself."

But that's just me. This clean slate stuff to guys these days means another chance to ***** up more.
Good coaches don't tell the press everything.but you'll know by summer if he told the offensive players more than that.I expect to see some leave voluntarily and some maybe forced out of he did.

Advertisement
During gameday discussion threads the issue about our offense looking slow motion came up numerous times. Lashlee's modus operandi should make a big difference on gameday.

I have one set of twin boys. When my wife was pregnant with my daughter (born 18 months later), I hoped it was another set of twins. I know something is wrong with me.
Loco! I have 6 month old twins and at the moment we are dead with no intention of more although it’s starting to get easier. The wife let me name the boy Kane though 😏

Two things that stood out, he is starting everyone from scratch as far as QB goes and he has guys in the box that he trusts. He likes the sidelines because he gets a better feel play calling wise from how the games momentum feels.

No soggy playsheets = Win

Everyone keeps saying this but man i just find it so hard to believe it’s that simple for so many of these kids down here.

9 wins got us the 12th ranking.

10 wins got us 8th.

Imagine what 11 or 12 would do.

I know 11 wins seems impossible with Diaz looking lost on the sideline, but if we can pull it off, recruiting will be top 10 again.

Advertisement
I think Manny got caught up, with Enos being apart of the Bama staff and just figured that was good enough.. He was fooled by that, we should've knew when he couldn't get Jalen Hurts here after being his QB coach at Bama.. THAT SITUATION, was telling us about Enos but we missed it!! IF ENOS WAS IT, HURTS WOULD'VE FOLLOWED HIM..

This is a really good point.

During gameday discussion threads the issue about our offense looking slow motion came up numerous times. Lashlee's modus operandi should make a big difference on gameday.

it was the most lethargic looking offense I have ever seen. Kosi would bring some juice but Williams plays like he is on xannax out there on the field.

Here we go again, comments just about like last year when Enos was stolen from Bama. Count me a pessimist, but there is a reason Lashlee has never coordinated an offense at a major college program.

I’m waiting and seeing on this hire before getting the least bit excited.

Advertisement
it was the most lethargic looking offense I have ever seen. Kosi would bring some juice but Williams plays like he is on xannax out there on the field.
Dude it was everybody... WRs didn't get separation, QB held the ball, RBs slow finding holes or lanes, play calling was slow, OL was slow and ineffective. Offense was an abomination.

When the Spring Game rolls around, we should be able to get a hint if his offensive philosophy is going to work. Until then, everything is "Coach Speak". Show me how it translates to the field.

Here we go again, comments just about like last year when Enos was stolen from Bama. Count me a pessimist, but there is a reason Lashlee has never coordinated an offense at a major college program.

I’m waiting and seeing on this hire before getting the least bit excited.
He literally was the offensive coordinator for Auburn, a major college program.

People buy in to the coach speak. Every. Single. Year.

Without fail.

I’m not crowning anybody until I see actual results on the field. Until then, this is a 6-7 team that lost to FIU. And that’s what they are to me until they prove otherwise next year

Advertisement
Back