First words from Lashlee as Cane, why he came, what he needs to do to get DBC back

I wouldn't have told the QBs it's a clean slate. I'd have told them, "You ***** up one more time and I'll shove your *** into the portal myself."

But that's just me. This clean slate stuff to guys these days means another chance to ***** up more.

Advertisement
Sounds very different from Enos - much warmer personality. The team seems to need the positive reinforcement at this point:

But, I think to be a successful college coach, it takes a lot of time and it takes having a wife that's phenomenal and understands the sacrifice and being a part of what we are and being a part of it together. We get really close to our players. They come over to the house. We want to have relationships with them. My kids love it. They love coming to practice, seeing those guys.

Sounds very different from Enos - much warmer personality. The team seems to need the positive reinforcement at this point:

But, I think to be a successful college coach, it takes a lot of time and it takes having a wife that's phenomenal and understands the sacrifice and being a part of what we are and being a part of it together. We get really close to our players. They come over to the house. We want to have relationships with them. My kids love it. They love coming to practice, seeing those guys.
Can you imagine a pool party at Enos' house? "Thats not how you throw a beach ball!"

Two things that stood out, he is starting everyone from scratch as far as QB goes and he has guys in the box that he trusts. He likes the sidelines because he gets a better feel play calling wise from how the games momentum feels.

Advertisement
He recruited So Fla when he was with Auburn.
Everyone that has recruited form oos thinks they will have more success being down here. People with a sense of history and are over 30 respect our brand a lot more than the 16 year olds that clown us on social media down here. I know I’m being negative but we’ve seen this with dudes as recent as cmr who recruited his *** off at uga. They overestimate what this school means to the new generation down here.

He made a decision to have more kids after a set of twins???

Total SAVAGE
That's nothing. Minutes after giving birth to our first child, the doctor asks my wife, "So, you ready for another one?" She says, "YES!" He said no woman he had ever asked said yes right after giving birth.

Now that we have 5, she hangs garlic all over the place, and carries a knife around. I ask her if she's up for some lovin' and she just sorta hisses at me. I think she's possessed.

Advertisement
Everyone that has recruited form oos thinks they will have more success being down here. People with a sense of history and are over 30 respect our brand a lot more than the 16 year olds that clown us on social media down here. I know I’m being negative but we’ve seen this with dudes as recent as cmr who recruited his *** off at uga. They overestimate what this school means to the new generation down here.
We start scoring touchdowns and winning again. Kids will stay home. We sucked for so long it’s just hard to see

Advertisement
Why Miami?

“I was speaking with Sonny (Dykes), he said take the job. We both agreed that there is a 50% chance I’ll be named interim head coach by week 6. And Blake James is so clueless and lazy he might promote me to full time head coach (even though I have no HC experience) without even interviewing another candidate.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like him already. He's saying what I've been preaching all off season.

Lashlee: "Whoever our quarterback is going to be is going to has to earn the respect of his teammates. If those guys trust you and believe in you, because you've earned it, they're going to play better and harder around you."

Lashlee: "We've got to have quarterbacks who are willing to come in and be selfless, to be team guys, do whatever it takes for us to get the ball in the end zone and earn the respect of their teammates. Throwing the ball, making the right reads, getting the ball where it needs to go, all that stuff is important. But if they don't have the respect of their teammates, it doesn't matter. We're looking for someone who can earn that right, to be our leader. "

Man, he says the right things for those of us who have wanted an up tempo offense that fits what our players locally do in high school. He's maybe even one step further with no huddle and pedal to the metal play.

I hope he can find a QB with some guys in front of him that can block. Good news about his style of play, you don't need a lot of time to get the ball out and there's plenty of options. It'll also be beautiful seeing the field stretched sideline to sideline rather than it being compressed into an 18 yard box with Enos's whack *** bunch formations.

Should be fun gentleman, even if there's some bumps along the way. We should gas defenses as they aren't going to be able to substitute much if everything goes to plan.

Advertisement
Back