First visit to Miami

Advertisement
Wtf does being "Grown"...have to do with basics??....

The point I'm making is that most adult men aren't running around looking at a ton of stuff in regards to clothes. The selection advantage the bookstore has over AllCanes is wasted on the typical man, because most of it is for women. It's not an accident that the dedicated men's section of the bookstore is mostly the same crap that you'll find anywhere else.

The point I'm making is that most adult men aren't running around looking at a ton of stuff in regards to clothes. The selection advantage the bookstore has over AllCanes is wasted on the typical man, because most of it is for women. It's not an accident that the dedicated men's section of the bookstore is mostly the same crap that you'll find anywhere else.
I'm 58....Ive been running around looking for a Ton of Stuff (in regards to clothes) my entire Adult life....

if you’re mostly into day stuff i highly recommend vizcaya and/or fairchild tropical gardens. both are beautiful spots to explore and enjoy the weather.

as for beaches i was always partial to key biscayne

Don’t know if it’s been a mentioned but go to this place. Order this exactly: Vaca Frita 3 ways. Black beans, Maduros and an avocado salad. Thank me later. It’s in coral Gables

best flan in the city

Advertisement
15th st fisheries in FTL for dinner is pretty cool. Right on the inter coastal , feed the fish. Make sure you sit outside!!

Head out to Holiday Park or another spot for an airboat ride.

Definitely get some Cuban, Peruvian, and Jamaican food in.

Don’t know if it’s been a mentioned but go to this place. Order this exactly: Vaca Frita 3 ways. Black beans, Maduros and an avocado salad. Thank me later. It’s in coral Gables

I second Havana Harry's. Incredible food. Huge portions. Fair price.

For food:

Amara at Paraiso
Tigertail + Mary
Glass and Vine
Mandolin Aegean Bistro
La Mar at the Mandarin Oriental
Ghee Indian Kitchen
Yung Lai Thai Thapas
Salty Donut
All Day Coffee
Panther Coffee

For food:

Amara at Paraiso
Tigertail + Mary
Glass and Vine
Mandolin Aegean Bistro
La Mar at the Mandarin Oriental
Ghee Indian Kitchen
Yung Lai Thai Thapas
Salty Donut
All Day Coffee
Panther Coffee

Good call on the Thai. Not a fan of Glass and Vine. Went once and everything from service to the food was awful.

They are part of a restaurant chain and another spot down US 1 called Root and Bone is pretty decent. Good fried chicken.

Advertisement
If you feel like getting a work out while your here and it’s a weekday then got to the LA fitness in Doral at about 5:30. You’ll thank me later

Good call on the Thai. Not a fan of Glass and Vine. Went once and everything from service to the food was awful.

They are part of a restaurant chain and another spot down US 1 called Root and Bone is pretty decent. Good fried chicken.

Interesting - been going to Glass + Vine for a year plus now and never had a bad meal/service (the brick chicken is on POINT). Maybe when you went it had just opened?

Yung Lai is the closest thing I've had to the Thai food I've gotten in Bangkok - right down to the feel of the place. Go early though, because it's first-come first-serve and the wait gets crazy on weekends.

Also some ****tail places, if that's what you were looking for:
Broken Shaker
Sweet Liberty
Barter Wynwood
The Corner Downtown (dive, but awesome ****tails and good late night spot)
Lost Boy
Better Days
Blackbird Ordinary
Taurus (Grove)
1-800 Lucky
Ariete

Interesting - been going to Glass + Vine for a year plus now and never had a bad meal/service (the brick chicken is on POINT). Maybe when you went it had just opened?

Yung Lai is the closest thing I've had to the Thai food I've gotten in Bangkok - right down to the feel of the place. Go early though, because it's first-come first-serve and the wait gets crazy on weekends.

Also some ****tail places, if that's what you were looking for:
Broken Shaker
Sweet Liberty
Barter Wynwood
The Corner Downtown (dive, but awesome ****tails and good late night spot)
Lost Boy
Better Days
Blackbird Ordinary
Taurus (Grove)
1-800 Lucky
Ariete
The Corner Downtown +100

Advertisement
Fireman Derek's or Alabama Jacks (Islamorada), Fireman Jacks is not a thing. Can't have dude looking for the wrong store.
And Alabama Jack's isn't in Islamorada. It's in Key Largo off of Cardsound road. Can't have dude looking in the wrong place.

Go Canes!!!!!

Maannn...I wish I could go back in time to the 80s....The oldtimers in here know what I'm talking about...Clubbing/ Bar Hopping in the 305 back then was Legendary, and eviscerates anything since....Penrods Bch Club....Button on the Bch....Club Manhattan's....were 5* Legendary Status....For Hole in the Walls, Club Deuce had/has No competition.....Talk about Good times...Jesus.. @The Franchise ....I know you remember...Lol

Last edited:
if you want some good greasy bar food, Hole In The Wall in Miami is great. Plus there is Cane stuff all over it. Burgers, wings, fries are all good. They have ice cold beer too.

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
And Alabama Jack's isn't in Islamorada. It's in Key Largo off of Cardsound road. Can't have dude looking in the wrong place.

Go Canes!!!!!

Good thing someone already said this exact thing, otherwise I might have missed it.

Costco must've had a sale on derivative snark.

Alabama Jacks is on Card Sound. Not Islamorada. Can't have the dude looking for the wrong bar.

Sorry bro but I'm not trying to keep up with what everyone else is saying. Just made a comment. You don't like it? Eat a bag of Richard's. The joint is still in Key Largo and still on Cardsound road.

Go Canes!!!!!

go to Key Largo if you have the time
go to South beach, grab a table at the Clevelander and people watch
If you like clubbing go to LIV or Story
Prime 112 is pricy but one of the more popular spots for dinner
Cuban food at Havana Harrys not far from the school (Try a Mojito, tasty beverage)
Don't waste your time at the tourist traps like the seaquarium or Bayside

Pandebono on 8th for empanadas and cafe con leche

Forget going to the beach - waste of time

Rincon Argentino on Coral Way and 37th

Stiltsville off of Miami Beach for seafood

When in Wynwood for the walls hit up Concrete, Wakefield and Veza Sur breweries (forget Wynwood brewing it's the worst of the bunch)

Ohho noodles if you're in the mood for ramen and such by the campus

Mi Pueblo on Flagler for Colombian

Olds Havana Bar and Cocina for Cuban in Little Havana. It's actually right next to the Domino's spot

Bachour for breakfast in Coral Gables
Rincon Argentino is my SPOT!!!!

Advertisement
Back