First thing that needs to be done.

Running an NFL front office is significantly different than running a collegiate athletic department. A collegiate athletic department is like running a fortune 500 company. Being an NFL executive is more like being a division head of a fortune 500 company. Alonzo has never had to deal with fundraising, never had to deal with making multiple hires. Alonzo has never been responsible for multiple sports, multiple disciplines. This is a job that requires attention to more than football.
Exactly, I think UM should bring in Zo, but not as AD. Put him in a position where he answers to the AD, but focuses on the football part of the Athletic department.

Advertisement
This is the slowest form of death in a program. If nothing is done towards getting a winner built in Miami soon I mean ASAP. Best we accept that they don’t gaf about the program or it’s fans and move on. Can’t believe I said that. But I will not be held hostage from years past. Just about done with this university and it’s football program

Running an NFL front office is significantly different than running a collegiate athletic department. A collegiate athletic department is like running a fortune 500 company. Being an NFL executive is more like being a division head of a fortune 500 company. Alonzo has never had to deal with fundraising, never had to deal with making multiple hires. Alonzo has never been responsible for multiple sports, multiple disciplines. This is a job that requires attention to more than football.
Someone is actually arguing that zo would be less qualified as MiamI AD than Blake James….as if James is some rain man that knows all sports

Exactly, I think UM should bring in Zo, but not as AD. Put him in a position where he answers to the AD, but focuses on the football part of the Athletic department.
Then you make him Director of Football Operations with full autonomy of the Football program and have an AD oversee everything else that isn't specifically within Zo's wheelhouse.

Advertisement
These so called “research/hiring firms” are the biggest scam in sports. You’re telling me you have to pay somebody $250k to find a capable candidate? How dumb are these people who run these schools? That’s enough money to hire 5 more analysts.

Has ANYTHING since the Butch Davis contract negotiations - been done right?

Any "Common Sense" EVER been applied?

Any use of LOGIC?

Any approach of PRUDENCE?

SANITY?

How about being RATIONAL?

To have so many degrees - we have some real dumbasses running the show.
Don't worry, as Chief of Staff i'm sure Ed Reed is all over this from his home.....wherever that is that is not anywhere near the team most of the time.

Fake James should be fired this week.
Hire a research firm and hire a real AD, Highsmith would be a good hire In my opinion.
AD needs to be involved in the firing/hiring of a new HC, which means Manny may be here until the end of the year. Just depends on when the new AD is hired.

Consulting firm is only needed if you want to converse with Mario's agent while he is under contract.

Hire a research firm and hire a real AD, Highsmith would be a good hire In my opinion.
AD needs to be involved in the firing/hiring of a new HC, which means Manny may be here until the end of the year. Just depends on when the new AD is hired.

I don't understand how this has not already been done. It's mind boggling how this unqualified beta still has a job here.

Advertisement

Wait, wait, it's not "fly a banner blaming Jenn Strawley"?

Don't forget his assistant

Advertisement
I am not sure how much heat is on Blake, but I cannot believe that he is still employed today. Interesting list here, that doesn't give me much hope for an up and coming assistant AD
I am on board with Miami being innovative and hiring AH as director of football operations with full autonomy over football. Maybe do the same with baseball and basketball. Hire an AD to do the rest with no say over the other 3 sports. We clearly need a football person to run the football team. I was listening to the OBB podcast and they made a very good point. Would you hire someone without medical experience to hire the person running the medical program???

Because "Miami Guy Bro".

Our fans are like Marty McFly, The Chicago Bears and the Edmonton Oilers: In order for them to have any relevance, we have to go back to 1985. Seriously. Any time a move has to be made, some guy that was here 30+ years ago is brought up as the only person that could figure this out. Ever wonder WHY Miami football dwells in the past? Because the powers that be know that the only thing you have to do is dangle some shiny relic from the Reagan administration in front of our fans and they'll shut up.

Organization inbreeding has to stop, and it should have stopped years ago. Go out and get the best person you can get, with the budget available. Not a complicated concept.
Miami, the program with zero success for over 20 years, all but exclusively hires people with connections to this joke of a program. What's the opposite of Miami? Google says the northwestern most point of the United States is Cape Flattery, Washington. Hire the local HS football coach from there and go with that guy.

Advertisement
These so called “research/hiring firms” are the biggest scam in sports. You’re telling me you have to pay somebody $250k to find a capable candidate? How dumb are these people who run these schools? That’s enough money to hire 5 more analysts.
If the person who is in charge of a department needs to hire a consultant to help him hire someone for his department, how does this make any sense at all.

Where are you getting this information from? Just a guess?

Im guessing a nfl team is dealing with a ton more money than a university athletic program. Id also guess a gm is making more important hires in the nfl. Who would sale more tickets Alonzo or blake?

Im not saying we should hire zo but i also cant say he isnt qualified for the job
An NFL GM is responsible for talent acquisition, period. Some franchises, the GM gets to make coaching hires. A college AD is in charge of EVERYTHING, including overseeing things like marketing, fundraising, coaching hires, etc. Frankly, the only thing an AD doesn't do is acquiring the talent on the field.

An NFL GM is responsible for talent acquisition, period. Some franchises, the GM gets to make coaching hires. A college AD is in charge of EVERYTHING, including overseeing things like marketing, fundraising, coaching hires, etc. Frankly, the only thing an AD doesn't do is acquiring the talent on the field.
Not saying youre wrong. Just asking.

Is blake more qualified that zo?

you do realize that there are better odds that Rosie O'Donnell will be Miss Universe than ticket boy being fired don't you ?
There was a time when people laughed at the notion that a lunatic dude could tuck his meat bn his legs and win the Miss Nevada pageant too

Advertisement
Back